[Major nuisance] Race flavor text erased when chosing sign

By on January 11, 2013 7:47:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Star Adder

Join Date 04/2006
+6

I have created a new race and entered a flavor text. But obviously that text got lost when I changed the sign.

Imagine my surprise when I started a new game, clicked on my new race and the text just said: "Make it good!"

So plz. either take care that the text stays when you chose a sign or even better: Make it possible to edit the text after creation.

Locked Post 4 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 11, 2013 9:18:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You can edit the text after creation. Custom factions (and sovs) are stored as fairly easy to read and understand XML files under "Documents/My Games/Fallen Enchantress" (for Vista anyway, probably similar for 7/8). You might have to start a new game to see the changes. I mean the issue you reported should certainly be fixed, but for now there's at least a way to salvage any races inadvertently mucked up by it without recreating them from scratch.

January 11, 2013 2:59:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sanati,
You can edit the text after creation. Custom factions (and sovs) are stored as fairly easy to read and understand XML files under "Documents/My Games/Fallen Enchantress" (for Vista anyway, probably similar for 7/8). You might have to start a new game to see the changes. I mean the issue you reported should certainly be fixed, but for now there's at least a way to salvage any races inadvertently mucked up by it without recreating them from scratch.

Doh, did not even think about editing the file, I've just been deleting and redoing. Took me about my third try before I realised it was changing the banner that caused the text to vanish, definitely annoying. Thank you!

January 11, 2013 5:21:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

I have created a new race and entered a flavor text. But obviously that text got lost when I changed the sign.

Imagine my surprise when I started a new game, clicked on my new race and the text just said: "Make it good!"

So plz. either take care that the text stays when you chose a sign or even better: Make it possible to edit the text after creation.

This bug have been around forever , if it still is around anyways

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

January 15, 2013 5:34:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Doh, did not even think about editing the file...

Heh, same here! Thanks Sanati for pointing that out!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: