[1.12][BUG] "Save Game" executes planned moves before saving

By on December 22, 2012 8:49:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

baddl

Join Date 12/2012
+1

If you save a game right before executing your planned move, this is too late... The planned move will be executed implicitly before the game is actually saved. See the debug.err file at http://pastebin.com/Ltht7ZuJ. (I could provide the autosave before the season plus the manually saved game.)

The above problem may be related to the proximity of a city. I have noticed also that units may change their position in a saved game if they are close to a city. This does not matter much though since movements through the city are free.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 22, 2012 10:52:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can verify I have the same bug. Movement is used and units are at the end of their path when a game is restored (or at least for quick saves).

December 22, 2012 12:35:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've reported this bug so many times my fingertips are bleeding.  Stardock doesn't care.  Stardock doesn't care cuz half the people playing never notice including half the people at Stardock.  Well I notice and I care and good to know that you both care, but Stardock doesn't care.

December 22, 2012 12:59:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If saves are not reliable, that makes me very nervous and pretty much wanting to spend my time on something else...

December 22, 2012 4:56:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've come across this issue many times - even gone to battle when I didn't intend to.  I guess the best plan for the time being is to 'zero out' the move orders before saving the game.

December 22, 2012 8:04:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stardock Counter-Savescum<sup>TM</sup>?

Seems like it would be easy to replicate and fix. But it's also easy to avoid, so pretty low priority.

I still would like to see a site to collaborate bugs and keep a neat/manageable log of all the bugs we stumble across. It would make tackling them easier for the staff too. I have no talent with webhosting though ;_;.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003609   Page Render Time: