[1.1] Bug - perennial favourite - NA treaty still not working

By on December 17, 2012 5:29:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

cugeldaclever

Join Date 08/2012

Easily reproucible

Only happens when AI has a sizeable power lead

Actually, I just came up with an easy fix - If that is the case then just don't have that as an option for the player.

At least that way they won't get sucker punched.

Currently playing on hard world w expert AI, it looks like the only way the AI will win is with the "Pearl Harbour" option

If I sound a bit frustrated I am, excellent game, great game - good game.

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 17, 2012 6:32:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You don't, to be harsh it sounds like you didn't take time to write your post .

But yes, as said before the diplomacy in FE is terribly flawed.
Haven't played the 1.1 version too much myself, got tired of even trying diplomacy in FE.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

December 17, 2012 7:21:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think you are right, the AI side of a non-aggression pact does not actually have a duration in turns, despite the game's declarations to the contrary.

It seems to be tied to the faction's overall opinion of you which, in turn, is influenced by things like "Influence".

Anyways, I think this is a bug of some sort (if nothing else, it's a bug in the part of the game that displays that the pact will last 50 turns when that is not the case).

December 18, 2012 12:01:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kongdej,

But yes, as said before the diplomacy in FE is terribly flawed.
Haven't played the 1.1 version too much myself, got tired of even trying diplomacy in FE.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

Thanks. The diplomacy has actually gotten much better, especially if you are in the lead. The wildly frustrating pasrt is that when can really use soem time to get your  orcs in a row it doesn't work. To add injury to injury your usually out a lot of gildar as well.

Stardock has done a good job of cleaning up a lot of other issues - I'm gobsmacked at their seeming indifferance to this.

I can reliably beat the game at challenging, with the AI advantages at higher  levels - this is really annoying.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: