Cannot seem to remove Champion from Army

By on December 16, 2012 9:23:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

flagyl

Join Date 06/2008
+22

I can not seem to remove Padar Rihossa from my army. He constantly gets picked on when I engage in battle (I am doing the French Vanilla quest currently) and I would rather he stay within the Capital city and defend it.

I have tried to follow the instructions laid out by the game manual-to wit:'To remove a unit from an army you can left-click it in the Army Management Pane to select it then right-click on another tile to move it out. Alternatively you can instead click the Eject Arrow on the unit’s medallion in the Army Management Pane to eject it once it is selected.', but he never moves to the adjacent tile when I click on it.

What step am I neglecting to take? Thanks in advance.

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 16, 2012 9:25:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You can't remove champions from Relias in the scenario.

December 16, 2012 9:32:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
You can't remove champions from Relias in the scenario.

Ahhh...was this ever stated anywhere? I admit that I have moderately perused the manual and have not committed it to memory, but I never saw mention of that.

While I have you here , my city has had bandits wandering within it's borders. I have trained The Chosen and they should be ready to defend the city, but it seems as if they are not proactive and I have to fight the bandits off; I am sure I am missing something again (sorry for being such a newb. I have Tuidjy's [spelling] Newbie guide on my 'to read' list)?

Also, should I just train up some regular units and have them join my army? I have been somewhat elitist in having only champions that I have found on the map in my army.

Thank you for the very quick reply.

December 16, 2012 10:01:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting flagyl,
Also, should I just train up some regular units and have them join my army? I have been somewhat elitist in having only champions that I have found on the map in my army.

Having trained units in your army is never bad, only more heroes will reduce xp gained, new trained units are just extra power/meatshield

The campaign isn't really new-player friendly, so its just about bashing you face against the wall until either your face breaks or the wall crumbles, and hope you wont hit a bug like I usually do

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

December 16, 2012 11:46:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you Kongdej. I am actually having fun with the campaign (it provides structure for me; I do not think I understand the 'goals' of the game well enough to simply create a random map and play just yet). My only disappointment is that I am guessing it is a 'one and done', esp since my sovereign was chosen for me.

The principles of the game are slowly seeping into my mind. My first (mini) playthrough, I focused on research (just like I would in real life ), but now I am seeing that it might be a better idea to focus on production (creating more gildar, iron and FOOD-my people are starving right now. I am stuck at level two because I am grain limited at this point).

None-the-less, I am enjoying my fumbling attempt to save the world.

Thanks HF and K.

December 16, 2012 4:30:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In the campaign, I found it best to focus on mana, and spamming "Destiny's Gift"...

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

December 16, 2012 10:26:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kongdej,
In the campaign, I found it best to focus on mana, and spamming "Destiny's Gift"...

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

That worked great in 1.02, but I think it's not so effective in 1.1 (in 1.1 the bonuses have been reduced and the cost doubled).

Also, there are things you can do to counter an AI which has used this tactic (in 1.1 anyways).

December 17, 2012 9:16:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, 200 mana is cost lot for me, since I'm more of playing mage, not warrior, on other hand it's might be useful to warrior who don't use lot of mana, though...

December 18, 2012 9:36:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Humility,

Yes, 200 mana is cost lot for me, since I'm more of playing mage, not warrior, on other hand it's might be useful to warrior who don't use lot of mana, though...

True, I did use that tactic during the 1.01 version, I still think its better than going for gold or production though.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: