Fallen Enchantress’s Map Pack DLC FAQ

By on December 5, 2012 10:44:52 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1484

Q: What is the Map Pack?

A: It is a collection of pre-made maps and random map stamps.

Q: Does it help with randomly generated maps?

A: Yes, it includes a host of new stamps that make the random maps richer as well.

Q: What’s special about the pre-made maps over a randomly generated map?

A: With pre-made maps, we can do things that the random map generator can’t.

Q: Like what?

A: For example, it includes the Anthys map which is over 5X bigger than the normal large map. A normal large map fills up with 8 players. With Anthsys, over a dozen players would have lots of room to expand.

We also have boats on these maps that players can take to sail out to areas and explore the seas for hidden islands and treasures. Pre-made maps also let us do crazy things like have a map where it’s all Wild Lands all the time with everyone trying to survive and ultimately conquer them.

Q: Are the starting positions hard-coded?

A: No, even on Anthys, we made it so that the starting positions are randomized so that you can play it over and over again.

Q: How much does it cost?

A: $4.99

Q: Where can I get it?

A: You can get it here: http://www.elementalgame.com/fallen-enchantress/purchase.  If you bought FE on Steam, you can get it on the Steam page.

Locked Post 93 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 5, 2012 11:01:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Think we could get an alternative with fixed start locations?  Would be cool

December 5, 2012 11:09:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thx for info. I will buy it.

A: No, even on Anthys, we made it so that the starting positions are randomized so that you can play it over and over again.

Random is great. But I only hoped you make an exception for the anthys map, because its the complete (known) world of elemental and with predefined starting position it would be possible play the "real" world of elemental.

December 5, 2012 11:55:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We also have boats on these maps that players can take to sail out to areas and explore the seas for hidden islands and treasures.

Does the AI know how to use the boats to go exploring as well?

December 5, 2012 1:02:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Found my first boat, but it seems impossible to disembark once you're on them Don't think the AI will use them since they're a goodie hut spawn.

December 5, 2012 1:25:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can you please tell us how many new random-map stamps are included?

December 5, 2012 1:30:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

about a dozen, if you only play random maps it's not a very good deal . the custom maps are good though, each with their own theme and the wildlands one is hella fun. 

December 5, 2012 4:17:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought when we had the map pack topic it was almost unanimous that we said $5 was too much. $3.99 would be a nicer price point for just a few maps and stamps

December 5, 2012 4:21:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Necaradan666,

I thought when we had the map pack topic it was almost unanimous that we said $5 was too much. $3.99 would be a nicer price point for just a few maps and stamps

I paid $5 for skins for my XCOM guys. It's 5 bucks. If a dollar makes the difference for you then you probably shouldn't buy it.

December 5, 2012 4:23:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Necaradan666,

Relative to what I've seen in DLC's from other developers, $5 is a fair price.

December 5, 2012 4:29:05 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Necaradan666,

Not sure what you consider almost unanimous to be, but my impression is that there was the usual griping at anything that isn't handed out for free, a lively discussion on price points, and several people who said, "I'll buy it; tell me when."  I don't think that counts as anywhere near unanimous. 

As to which of the three categories I fall into:  I bought it.  I'd love to claim some unanimity among that group, but I'd be missing my own point.

December 5, 2012 4:37:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was in the "5 bucks is too much" camp, but that was before they announced the details of what it actually consisted of.

My opinion is that the Anthys map is probably with 3-4 bucks on its own. It's sculpted.

December 5, 2012 4:42:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Will the map packs be included in future campaign expansions, or will they be a separate purchase requirement?

December 5, 2012 4:43:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think it's well worth $5.

December 5, 2012 5:21:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would like an option for cannon starting positions on Anthys considering it is a lore map.

Thank you.

December 5, 2012 6:52:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ashbery76,

I would like an option for cannon starting positions on Anthys considering it is a lore map.

Thank you.
Me too. Having the option of "historical" starting locations would be fantastic.

December 5, 2012 7:20:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Necaradan666,

I pay $10 for a single skin on LoL, I think I can spare half of that for the amazing work they put in to this DLC.

December 5, 2012 8:19:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When playing the Anthys map does the magic, wild land and hero frequency have any affect?

December 5, 2012 8:36:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Arzon,
I paid $5 for skins for my XCOM guys. It's 5 bucks. If a dollar makes the difference for you then you probably shouldn't buy it.

Obviously you're not living on just a few bucks a month like some of us (I can't translate exact numbers right now, I'm tired and living in a country with a difference type of coinage).

That said, you are probably right, and I will keep away

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

December 5, 2012 10:23:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
For me, the best part of the Map Pack was getting to use boats. I hope this aspect will be expanded in future releases.
December 5, 2012 10:49:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Stupid question, but I bought the Map Pack, and when I go to set up an Anthys map, the maximum # of AI seems to be set at 8 still. Is there something I need to do to raise it to a higher number, as Frogboy alluded to above?

December 5, 2012 11:09:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kongdej,
Obviously you're not living on just a few bucks a month like some of us (I can't translate exact numbers right now, I'm tired and living in a country with a difference type of coinage).

Great reply.  I think sometimes it's easy to forget that not everyone is as fortunate. 

December 5, 2012 11:29:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you play "Dust Bowl" you need to get use to fighting Large Albino Rock spiders, and lots of them.  There are dens everywhere, and they travel in packs of three all over the place.  What a fun map!

December 5, 2012 11:51:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Paradoxex,
Stupid question, but I bought the Map Pack, and when I go to set up an Anthys map, the maximum # of AI seems to be set at 8 still. Is there something I need to do to raise it to a higher number, as Frogboy alluded to above?

Create some custom sovereigns to fill those spots. You can't have doubles of sovereigns, although you can have doubles of factions.

December 6, 2012 12:03:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

On the Anthys map anyway to fix the starting levels for Spawn on Start monsters like Torax so that dont start out at level 1, which seems to be the maps default for them.

Also is it possible to increase the amount of quests/resorces/shards/monsters as the dense setting seems to have no noticeable effect whatsoever for any of those.

December 6, 2012 1:00:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Wildlands map alone has made the purchase worthwhile for me, with dense monsters turned on... they are indeed legion.

I'd be interested in seeing more of this type of DLC, maybe island maps... if the AI can learn to use boats, or maybe teleporter pads.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time: