Suggestion for DLC

By on November 30, 2012 8:23:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Star Adder

Join Date 04/2006
+6

Since Stardock is making a map pack available how about also doing a monster pack? After playing a few games one knows the weak spots of almost all the monsters currently in the game. Would be nice to face some new challenges...

I know the game is first an foremost about taking on the other factions. Still it would be a nice addition IMHO.

Locked Post 11 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 30, 2012 9:10:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A monster pack is a waaaaaaay better idea than a map-pack.

Meaby they could also sneak in some more monsters as custom-faction options

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

November 30, 2012 10:11:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Personally, I'd love to see a DLC that introduced boats/ships and continents.  A monster pack sounds pretty awesome too... and love to see some new equipment options, new quests, and new traits and weaknesses for custom kingdoms and characters.

November 30, 2012 11:33:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes to all

Moster pack

Spell pack

Magic item pack

New faction pack

What I would love to see is a tool that makes modding a complete no brainer. That would be way cool, extend the life of FE, and allow people to focus on their creativity and not on learning how to mod.

November 30, 2012 12:09:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes to more DLC's! Monster pack, faction pack, unit pack (more unique traits for the units you design?), magic item pack, technology pack, completely different faction packs, etc. etc. I'm not big on the map pack, but I will buy it to support the developers and in return I hope they look through this and consider making more requested packs

November 30, 2012 12:12:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kongdej,
A monster pack is a waaaaaaay better idea than a map-pack.

Meaby they could also sneak in some more monsters as custom-faction options

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

I would love to play a pure wildling or darkling tribe Or even trolls =D

November 30, 2012 2:03:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Borg999,
Yes to all

Monster pack

Spell pack

Magic item pack

New faction pack

This.  Also, Campaign Pack that either adds 8 chapters to conclude the story (making the sandbox less of a post-campaign result and more of a what-if...).

Faction Pack should include 6 factions/sovereigns, and include a leader for Capitar and Urxen. (thus, 6 factions, 8 leaders and new traits.)

Lastly, i would like to be one of the first to call for an expansion. Some games try to use an expansion to "fix" the emptiness and lack of depth to the base game. I would like to see 2 total expansions, actually.

I will make a new thread for it though.

December 4, 2012 9:05:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BabbyLuring,
Yes to more DLC's! Monster pack, faction pack, unit pack (more unique traits for the units you design?), magic item pack, technology pack, completely different faction packs, etc. etc. I'm not big on the map pack, but I will buy it to support the developers and in return I hope they look through this and consider making more requested packs

Likewise.  Mapack isn't big on my list, but I'll buy it and support the team.  Good thing is, Stardock does read the forums and listen to the players.  They are probably planning all of our suggestions as we speak!

December 4, 2012 9:48:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tilarium,
Likewise. Mapack isn't big on my list, but I'll buy it and support the team. Good thing is, Stardock does read the forums and listen to the players. They are probably planning all of our suggestions as we speak!

Share your wealth with us cripples

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

December 4, 2012 10:19:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Borg999,

Yes to all
Moster pack
Spell pack
Magic item pack
New faction pack

What I would love to see is a tool that makes modding a complete no brainer. That would be way cool, extend the life of FE, and allow people to focus on their creativity and not on learning how to mod.

New content is always welcome. I really vote for the monster pack.

But with such a modding tool, we will be able to make the rest of the content.

December 4, 2012 11:02:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love the idea of custom maps - new realms to explore. I would love to see new terrains added or trees,etc. Bridges, archeologic remnants, ground cover for mod stamps.

Would love to inevitably down the road with an expansion or two, have a map where all players start around the edges and make their way to the center area where there would be neutral AIs to trade with. Some offering expensive powerful items. Maybe others mercenary. Perhaps a Grand Emperor in the middle. He gives quests. Don't upset him either!

December 4, 2012 1:13:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting SOLOSOL,

But with such a modding tool, we will be able to make the rest of the content.

Well, they could release the modding tool after the various packs, and charge $5-$10 for it.

I'd buy it if they sucessfully made it very user friendly.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time: