a few upgrading questions

By on November 26, 2012 1:36:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

viltris

Join Date 07/2012

1. When I upgrade a unit, can I add any extra items or traits? For example, if I have a custom unit with a spear and I upgrade him, can I add a horse?

2. If I neglected to click the upgrade slot icon when designing a unit, can I still upgrade that slot? Or am I stuck with whatever equipment the unit started out with?

3. Can I switch weapon types when I upgrade? For example, if I start off a unit with a spear, but then decide the unit actually wants an axe, can I upgrade him from spear to axe? Or am I stuck with a spear?

Thanks!

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 26, 2012 7:59:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

1. When I upgrade a unit, can I add any extra items or traits? For example, if I have a custom unit with a spear and I upgrade him, can I add a horse?

Not if by unit you mean one created in a town, etc.  You can do this to a champion or your sovereign, of course.

2. If I neglected to click the upgrade slot icon when designing a unit, can I still upgrade that slot? Or am I stuck with whatever equipment the unit started out with?

You're stuck.

3. Can I switch weapon types when I upgrade? For example, if I start off a unit with a spear, but then decide the unit actually wants an axe, can I upgrade him from spear to axe? Or am I stuck with a spear?

Once again, you're stuck.

I'm hoping more flexibility will be added to this game element in the future, but we'll just have to wait, and see.

November 26, 2012 8:50:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Keep in mind that you do have the upgrade option when you design the unit.  If you mess up a few and re-design it, it takes about 5 minutes and you have a few non-optimal units.    At least along the same path. 

If I can afford it I usually don't disband the obsolete unit, I'll generally have a slow army (non-horse) and a couple fast armies (all mounted).   I generally avoid making a ton of troops till I get some horses just because movement is so slow.

I generally don't get that attached to my non-champ units.  Even if they have a few levels on them.  With that said, i rarely change - either naked mounted archers or upgradeable armor sword n' board horsemen.   

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: