Happy Thanksgiving!

By on November 22, 2012 10:13:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1491

Have a great day everyone!  We are thankful for many things and among them is how grateful we are to be able to hang out and talk to you guys (and gals) on a regular basis.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Locked Post 23 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 22, 2012 10:35:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy Thanksgiving to you also.  I hope you're having an awesome day as well.

November 22, 2012 10:54:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks, but we don't do thanksgiving here

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

November 22, 2012 11:05:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe that it is a quaint custom that the nobility of a far off land engage in.   

November 22, 2012 11:09:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You know, Thanksgiving was a tradition started when they were English settlers, long before the United States was inaugurated.

All I'm saying is....stop celebrating our holiday and give it back you thieving bastards.

November 22, 2012 11:17:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy thanksgiving to all you Stardock folks!!!

November 22, 2012 11:38:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy Thanksgiving to all of Stardock!

November 22, 2012 11:58:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy odd vacation to you too!

Silly foreigners.

November 22, 2012 12:04:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You too Brad.  And everyone at SD also. Have some quality turkey time with the family. 

November 22, 2012 12:14:45 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Happy Holiday 

I refuse to call it the name I will not use. If you want to see why, read some history that is beyond the grade 3 plays.

November 22, 2012 12:46:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Happy Holiday 

I refuse to call it the name I will not use. If you want to see why, read some history that is beyond the grade 3 plays.

good god.  can't we just celebrate the few good times that were had back then.  i know there weren't many, but let's look at the good stuff on this day and not focus on the unpleasantness.

November 22, 2012 1:05:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi ! Happy thanksgiving (even if we don't celebrate it here).

Also, the more I play Fallen Enchantress, the more I enjoy it !

November 22, 2012 1:11:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting charon2112,

Quoting myfist0, reply 10Happy Holiday 

good god.  can't we just celebrate the few good times that were had back then.  i know there weren't many, but let's look at the good stuff on this day and not focus on the unpleasantness.

So sorry charon2112, Mephistopheles is right - we must never herald forth the inequities upon with which we dine.  Lest we forget and tragically let go the transgressions of our forefathers.  We shall all pay with a life of grieving and anguish until we cast out, and shun the non-believers!

November 22, 2012 1:38:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A first settlement with iron, horses, crystal, fruit grove, friendly dragon, etc. would work for me...

November 22, 2012 2:34:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You should put in an easter egg in the game, let it spawn a special tile resource - turkey's you can improve with a turkey farm - which only spawns on thanksgiving day

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

November 22, 2012 3:14:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wouldn't say to make a turkey farm. Instead do a quest called the GOBBLER... where you have to fight a GIANT TURKEY... drops 10 salted pork for reward

November 22, 2012 5:17:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

have fun for holidays,

M.

November 22, 2012 6:31:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

And thank you, Brad, for helping to give us Fallen Enchantress; and I'll also thank you in advance for your efforts in the year to come on behalf of FE.

November 23, 2012 1:37:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy Thanksgiving to all  Stardockers everywhere....

November 23, 2012 3:44:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

First, happy Thanksgiving to all!    I'm so very proud to be a part of the wonderful Stardock community!

Secondly, to those poo-pooing the holiday, I say poo-poo to you!  When I was much, much younger than I am now, I learned that the pilgrims and locals didn't always get along that well, just as I learned there was no Santa.  The truth is, however, that there is value in spirit.  When I celebrate Christmas it's not to celebrate the birth of Christ or out of the fear that some mysterious fat man from the north isn't going to get me that Red Rider BB gun I always wanted... instead, I celebrate the holidays for the goodness they bring out in people, for the desire to sit and dine and share stories and memories with friends and family.  I don't celebrate it because of some stories I heard in third grade about a bunch of people of different cultural backgrounds eating corn with each other.

You claim to be smarter and/or morally superior to those of us who celebrate it by implying that anyone with a knowledge of history beyond that taught to us in third grade couldn't possibly celebrate it, but consider this: perhaps most people DO know the history, but have realized that there is greater benefit in taking this day as a chance to express kindness by honoring those they know and love and to remember not to take life for granted.  By remembering the best of our past year, it helps us all look to our futures with greater verve and positivity.

If you want to take this day as an opportunity to run people down for being thankful for their lives and those around them, be my guest, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make you smarter than me and it certainly doesn't make you morally superior.

November 23, 2012 8:53:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

I wouldn't say to make a turkey farm. Instead do a quest called the GOBBLER... where you have to fight a GIANT TURKEY... drops 10 salted pork for reward

Whatever, I just really like silly easter eggs.

Both dungeon keeper 1 and dungeon keeper 2 had a special map only accessible at midnight evenings where there was a full-moon

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

November 23, 2012 1:50:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy Thanksgiving

November 23, 2012 2:34:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quoting Kongdej,

Both dungeon keeper 1 and dungeon keeper 2 had a special map only accessible at midnight evenings where there was a full-moon

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!

November 23, 2012 11:39:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! (so many leftovers) 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: