Can anyone explain economic treaty?

By on November 14, 2012 1:58:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

RobC04

Join Date 08/2003

I can't find it in the manual or the forum.

Thanks

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 14, 2012 2:10:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One treaty gives a 10% bonus to your nation's taxable income.  The other side gets it too. That's trade.

The other treaty creates a route between the two capitals, and a caravan starts traveling it.  It scouts for you, and you get a bonus to relations. You also get a 10% bonus to taxable income to your capital only.  That's economy.

The names are confusing.

(I'm editing this answer with everyone's info.  Credit goes to Tasunke and Martimus)

It has been suggested that the 10% bonus to the capital taxable income increases as the caravan levels, but I cannot see in a game where I've had 80 turns of peace with a reduced enemy living in a reservation in a corner of the map.  If the trade caravans level it takes a while.

November 14, 2012 2:10:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

one increases both participant's gold production by 10% (I think that is the trade treaty?) while 1 builds a frikken road between your capital and their capital (economy treaty I think).

iirc, Economic treaty is great for finding the enemy's base

November 14, 2012 2:11:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would agree that it makes more sense for the names to be reversed. From what I remember of my last game though, its the trade treaty that increases taxable income.

November 14, 2012 2:13:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

the road also sends caravans that increase the gildar production in your capital by 10%. They also level up after multiple trips, but you rarely see that since it takes so long (higher levels produce higher percentage increases in Gildar at the capital.)

November 14, 2012 3:00:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time: