Henchmen male only?

By on November 14, 2012 1:04:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Niteshade_Rune

Join Date 06/2010
+3

Ok yes i know hench'men' but I was a bit bummed when I realized in the current game I'm playing that I can only design new henchmen as more males, I had wanted to make a strong spear wielding type Valkyrie henchmen type unit that I could use to maybe lead some spear wielding female valkyrie units lol.

Not a major letdown but I would certainly love to see it added in in a future update.

+1 for male/female henchmen in unit design.

I have to say this is about the only complaint I personally have with this game but overall still a damn fun game to play

Locked Post 48 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 14, 2012 1:12:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll sign this. I'm all for equality for females and males.

November 14, 2012 1:29:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BabbyLuring,

I'll sign this. I'm all for equality for females and males.

Lol agreed, though I'm sure many will argue it, to me after discovering the henchmen trait i think the lack of a female counterpart has become the only flaw in the unit design in my own opinion.

Give us female henchmen and I can truly begin my goal of designing a custom Sovereign/faction themed as a small skilled mercenary faction where quality > quantity

I know you game devs are out there, ive noticed you amongst other posts and I can tell you guys are quite awesome. Give it a consideration

November 14, 2012 2:14:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Another issue to add on the broken pile that is henchmen >.>

I definitely agree, i want prettier henchpeople too ^.^

While they're at it, remove the preset face for them. It's annoying that they always have gruffy looking stubble and absolutely cannot be clean shaven. 

Also the name needs changed to something less gender specific. Like "Lieutenants" or "Officers"

November 14, 2012 2:32:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well you can edit/design new henchmen and then just keep clicking the Henchmen tag until it cycles up something u like to a point( at least I assume it follows the same random rolls as clicking random for a male or female unit.

I guess Henchmen could be a genderless reference depending.

For now If they added the female/male option they can call them whatever they like

To me, they are "Companions"

's for the Devs

November 14, 2012 3:53:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Minor detail, but with sense. I agree. But the name might give some confussion (henchwomen???)

Now that we are into the gender...what about the juggernauts? Are they genderless?

November 14, 2012 3:59:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am not even sure how to make henchmen

November 14, 2012 4:18:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't really even notice gender of units most of the time. Throw a chain mail coif and a cloak on them... But for variety I don't see why not.

November 14, 2012 4:31:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

November 14, 2012 6:26:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't care, but generally, there should be no females in close combat roles ever. But since this is fantasy, it does not really matter.

November 14, 2012 7:08:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DeViLmAn_Niteshade,
Well you can edit/design new henchmen and then just keep clicking the Henchmen tag until it cycles up something u like to a point( at least I assume it follows the same random rolls as clicking random for a male or female unit.

no, it doesn't. no matter how many times you click it, they always have stubble. their hair and clothing is all you can change

November 14, 2012 7:09:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,
I don't care, but generally, there should be no females in close combat roles ever. But since this is fantasy, it does not really matter.

lol, what ?

you have to be kidding. You don't need to be a man to swing a sword, or fire a gun. and women can be just as strong when they work at it: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H9jxLJKL2p0/TSWuHeJTZ7I/AAAAAAAAABE/i748kD0ySV4/s1600/Blog+-+Women+Bulk.jpg

November 14, 2012 7:29:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+1 for gender equity!

November 14, 2012 7:34:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When you go into unit design, you can edit them and you have a gender option.

November 14, 2012 8:28:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Viperswhip,
I am not even sure how to make henchmen

Play a game as Altar, they show up a little down the (Magic?) tech tree -- it's a special race trait.

November 14, 2012 8:32:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+1 for women in leather fighting off bad guys!

November 14, 2012 8:36:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting dihir,

Wait, for real?

November 14, 2012 9:21:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NanakoAC,

Quoting Kamamura_CZ, reply 10I don't care, but generally, there should be no females in close combat roles ever. But since this is fantasy, it does not really matter.

lol, what ?

you have to be kidding. You don't need to be a man to swing a sword, or fire a gun. and women can be just as strong when they work at it[/quote]

No, women cannot be as strong as men, and that's a scientifically proven fact. Their muscle build is different, they can reach 50 - 60 percent of male strength at best on average (given the same training).

MMA has some capable female fighters, but mixed matches are forbidden. Why? It's just too dangerous for the women, because they are much more fragile.

Women suck in close combat, because:

1) they are shorter - and yes, arm reach matters, just ask any fencer or boxer

2) they are lighter - and yes, weight matters, just ask any boxer or wrestler

3) they are much less resistant to blows due to again, smaller, less enduring muscle mass.

Just think about it, no nation in history ever built female regular troops for close combat. 

Outside of fantasy literature, women are just not made for combat. The evolution has decided specialization is better.

November 14, 2012 9:24:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sexual Dimorphism aside, a well-trained woman can kick the ass of 99.9% of modern males.

Also, even in ancient times there were units of women soldiers. Some cultures have a tradition where, if the last male of a family dies, one of the women "becomes" a man culturally, goes to war, represents them politically and financially, etc.

Also, iirc, some germanic tribes used women in warfare (albeit perhaps not as the primary close combat force, but they still participated in some of the close combat)

November 14, 2012 9:28:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I said "given the same training". Comparing trained and untrained individual is useless. Trained anyone can always beat untrained anyone. 

My point was that given the same drill, men will perform significantly better in close combat then women.

November 14, 2012 9:31:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Still, I don't think that its an inevitability that women didn't fight cc in the classical era. It was a cultural thing, that was only marginally supported by biological factors.

November 14, 2012 9:48:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting dihir,

wrong.

In the game, "henchman" is treated as a gender choice. Male, Female, or Henchman. (so technically they're not even male)

If you change a henchman design to female (or even to male) and then build one, you'll get a normal soldier, and they'll lose the ability to pick traits, wear equipment, etc

November 14, 2012 9:52:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Gender equity = good.

Henchpeople should be able to have boobs.  Boobs and scruffy faces.

November 14, 2012 9:59:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting dangerlinto,
Boobs and scruffy faces.

now now ... Elemental's medical technology isn't THAT far advanced

November 14, 2012 10:05:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NanakoAC,

Quoting dihir, reply 14When you go into unit design, you can edit them and you have a gender option.

wrong.

In the game, "henchman" is treated as a gender choice. Male, Female, or Henchman. (so technically they're not even male)

If you change a henchman design to female (or even to male) and then build one, you'll get a normal soldier, and they'll lose the ability to pick traits, wear equipment, etc

What Nanako said,

At first I was like "sweet I can...." then I realized it wasnt lol.

And I guess I shouldve half expected the females shouldnt b in close combat thing but I know that wasnt the purpose of my thread and so far 99% of the reply posts mirror that so I'm over it

^As a side note to who doesnt think females should be in the front lines, you CAN make female ranged/caster units that hang in the back row.

Me, Ive got no problem with a strong capable female fighting side by side with my Wandering mercenary Sovereign

November 14, 2012 10:22:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Forget just females, I want a Cave Bear henchman.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001218   Page Render Time: