Fallen Enchantress 1.02 changelog

By on November 12, 2012 10:02:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+111

[[[ RELEASED 11/16/2012 ]]]

Content

Added edge scrolling in tactical

Added code so that we can have the same floating text system we have in tactical but on the strategic map.  Currently this is only used for modifiers with a display name, such as Destiny's Gift to show which of its random effects are applied.

Added xml support for city enchantments to ignore the essence requirement

Fixes

Fixed an issue where animations can repeat when shrunk

Fixed the "Defeated an Army" Achievement

Fixed a bug where death ward would only work if you got killed by melee

Fixed a bug where upon loading a gamesave, total tapped shard counts were sometimes off

Fixed an issue that could cause AI Sovereigns to get duplicate strength traits

Fixed an order of operation issue where shrink/growth/giant form can have an odd effect with other attack multipliers

The Sword of Wrath now correctly gives hit points when it kills an opponent

Fixed an issue that can cause forests to look white when going from cloth map to world view

Fixed an issue where you could get floating waterfalls after casting Raise Land (fix from Parrottmath!)

Blood Curse is now castable on cities without a free essence

Fixed an issue that if you razed a city with immobilzed units in it they would be hidden under the FoW

Fixed an issue when units were killed by a backswing or counterattack

Improved end-turn performance significantly

Reduced memory consumption significantly

Crash fixes

Balance

Dragonfly Bracers have a cost now

Water temples have the correct cost now

Removed the casting time from the Dirge of Ceresa spell

Titan's Imp now correctly summons at 8th level

Removed duplicate gildar rewards from the rat in the ruins quest

Reduced Horrific Wail to 2 damage per level (instead of 3)

Immune to magic no longer protects against special abilities like crushing blow and true strike

Increased the spell resistance on dragons

Increased the casting cost of Curse, Blindness, Growth and Shrink

Destiny's Gift can now be cast on your sovereign (as well as champions)

Destiny's Insight can now be cast on your sovereign (as well as champions)

Tweaked the shop value on several weapons

Waerloga the Dragonlord is much tougher

Dragons cant injure themselves with their breath weapons anymore

Mushrooms, Bread, Salted Pork and Tilda Herbs can only be used 1/battle per unit

Apothecary only sells Growth potions (they dont sell Healing Potions and Iru Elixirs anymore)

Alchemists sell Growth and Healing Potions (but they dont sell Iru Elixirs anymore)

Alchemy Labs sell Iru Elixirs, but they cost more

AI

AI Won't berserk units if they have less than 10 hp

Player created sovereigns get random traits based on their race when played by the AI

General AI improvements

AI interacts more often

AI smarter about its movement in tactical battles

UI

It no longer displays the hp/mana from killing an opponent before the attack

The game no longer displays duplicate spells on the unit info screen (for spells with a tactical and strategic version)

Credits window plays music

Custom faction unit and building colors are now retained between games

45 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 12, 2012 10:04:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

AI Won't berserk units if they have less than 10 hp

Is your way of saying the IsWorthy is now functioning?

November 12, 2012 10:07:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool.

November 13, 2012 12:10:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Immune to magic no longer protects against special abilities like crushing blow and true strike

Love this! Really got my posterior handed to me when a successful gambler's strike got immuned by one of those big snake things.

Also, I have prepared this short review of the game:

"Dragon, dragon burning bright... oh crap, I'm on fire."

Also a longer one

November 13, 2012 2:25:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent! I bloody love this game.

But, any chance Curgen's Volcano will be fixed (I'm assuming it needs to be)?

November 13, 2012 3:38:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And what about a bug with custom nations color changing when starting a new game? I'm talking about this bug: http://forums.elementalgame.com/434347

November 13, 2012 4:25:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
please incorporate the floating waterfall fix and improved faction colors mods
November 13, 2012 4:53:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How about criticals affecting magic? The whole "assassin is the best wizard" syndrome?

November 13, 2012 8:37:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very nice to see many quick fixes happening.

Especially like the Skills aren't Magic fix and Water Temple cost fix.

November 13, 2012 9:51:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek, will you please add the tooltip that tells us what "unstable" means?

http://forums.elementalgame.com/434535

November 13, 2012 11:16:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fixed an issue that could cause AI Sovereigns to get duplicate strength traits

It would be great if you could explain how you fixed it, because i think that AI heroes get other traits that can be only selected by trained units, too, and knowing how the fix works could help the modders.

November 13, 2012 4:52:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice list... but how about just giving dragons fire resist so they don't kill themselves? That seems like something you'd want fixed.

November 13, 2012 5:26:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Would also like some love shown towards us 32-bit users. (keeping in mind of course that any refinement for the 32-bit users is only that much more efficiency for the 64-bit users, stretching how far they are able to go)

As mentioned in the 1.01 performance thread, 1.01 seems to demand more memory up front than it's 1.0 predecessor. If this could be retweaked, I would be GREATLY appriciative. If it can't be fixed, please revert back to 1.0 model for memory consumption. I'd rather a memory leak and be able to play the game instead of no memory leak but constant UI errors and lags. (The ironic part is that in 1.0 I could devote 2.4gigs without problem, but in 1.01 a mere 700K is enough to have the game break down)

Lastly, I make another plea toward the addition of the pedestrians for the 32-bit users. I understand, considering my previous paragraph that this may not be the best time to persue this, but it would be settling to know if the end goal is to eventually make them available.

November 13, 2012 5:41:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Would also like some love shown towards us 32-bit users. (keeping in mind of course that any refinement for the 32-bit users is only that much more efficiency for the 64-bit users, stretching how far they are able to go)

As mentioned in the 1.01 performance thread, 1.01 seems to demand more memory up front than it's 1.0 predecessor. If this could be retweaked, I would be GREATLY appriciative. If it can't be fixed, please revert back to 1.0 model for memory consumption. I'd rather a memory leak and be able to play the game instead of no memory leak but constant UI errors and lags. (The ironic part is that in 1.0 I could devote 2.4gigs without problem, but in 1.01 a mere 700K is enough to have the game break down)

Lastly, I make another plea toward the addition of the pedestrians for the 32-bit users. I understand, considering my previous paragraph that this may not be the best time to persue this, but it would be settling to know if the end goal is to eventually make them available.

Memory is what I spent all day on.  We might be able to have our cake and eat it too by optimizing textures further.

November 13, 2012 6:00:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Memory is what I spent all day on.  We might be able to have our cake and eat it too by optimizing textures further.

Woot! Woot! Greatly appriciated! Thanks Brad.

November 13, 2012 6:25:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kalin,
Nice list... but how about just giving dragons fire resist so they don't kill themselves? That seems like something you'd want fixed.

I'll second this.  I wondered why the Dragons were so easy to defeat, & then I noticed in a fight with multiple dragons that they were taking damage from each others flames! 

November 13, 2012 6:39:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Appreciating the regular updates/fixes!! Also on an unrelated note... I was just wondering if in a future patch if it would be possible to incorporate the ability to select a random starting soverign when starting a new game? I really enjoyed this feature in Civ 5 (and other games) in that sometimes I really didn't know who I wanted to play as so I just picked random and just went with whoever the game picked for me. Thanks!

November 13, 2012 10:55:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I suppose that'll do as well, but just so you guys know, multiple dragon battles (like the ashwake quest - supposedly the hardest in the game) is actually super simple just by donning fire resist gear and have the dragons flame one another.

November 14, 2012 4:48:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sdsmt05,
Appreciating the regular updates/fixes!! Also on an unrelated note... I was just wondering if in a future patch if it would be possible to incorporate the ability to select a random starting soverign when starting a new game? I really enjoyed this feature in Civ 5 (and other games) in that sometimes I really didn't know who I wanted to play as so I just picked random and just went with whoever the game picked for me. Thanks!

This, I've written about it multiple times. super easy to implement, and would really help me starting the game

November 14, 2012 11:42:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice!

November 14, 2012 2:29:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank god.  

Now can you look at making the Spell of Making victory tougher?  Perhaps by making other nations actually care that you're trying to wrest control of their shards away.  However you do it, other factions need to care when you start casting the SOM (and preferably when you start building the pre-req buildings).  

SoM is essentially the ultimate weapon.  You care when your enemies, or even your allies for that matter, build the ultimate weapon.  

Edit:  Didn't mean to sound as negative as all this came out.  Awesome patch notes!  Great work.

November 14, 2012 4:00:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kantok,

Thank god.  

Now can you look at making the Spell of Making victory tougher?  Perhaps by making other nations actually care that you're trying to wrest control of their shards away.  However you do it, other factions need to care when you start casting the SOM (and preferably when you start building the pre-req buildings).  

SoM is essentially the ultimate weapon.  You care when your enemies, or even your allies for that matter, build the ultimate weapon.  

Hear hear!

http://forums.elementalgame.com/434438

November 14, 2012 4:45:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Never mind, should have read all the way through.

November 14, 2012 5:18:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd suggest on the berserk change, that you throw it into the spell itself, and not allow berserking period under 10 hp.

Otherwise it's advantage human.

November 14, 2012 5:24:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yay, custom faction colors fixes!  Years of bitching and it's fixed!

November 14, 2012 5:39:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
 Years of bitching and it's fixed!

[Insert wife joke here]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time: