What was Scenarios Video saying? {Due lack of subtitles}

By on November 11, 2012 8:03:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Humility

Join Date 09/2007
+7

I might aware that there is might be more than 4 or 5 video when playing single player scenarios at least, I don't know.....

Problem is no subtitle, some people might not understood what was video (not only deaf, hard of hearing people, but there is hearing people want to know as well as they might not understand whole thing, I think)

I am going to post what other told me what was video was saying, if anyone want to help, make sure don't put all video in one post, rather just one video each in each post, so that way, it's won't ruined other spolier. I am going to show something like this in next posting....

Please don't depend on me, I'm deaf and hard of hearing, I don't know what was video saying, so I unable to post all the video, It's up to someone who are hearing, and understand what was video was saying and post here at thier willing....or create topic far, better than this topic in good order...

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 11, 2012 8:04:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Intro Video (I guess it's start game up?)

Quoting parrottmath,
The intro movie says:

"The world of elemental is devestated. Broken by a war of magic."

"Scattered across the desolation are channelers,"

"Beings capable of accessing the shards and the magic they contain"

"this ability has made them mighty sovereigns, of the kingdoms"

"and empires, who seek to spread their dominion across the world"

"the world however will not be conquered easily,"

"The Cataclysm has awakened ancient powers who claim vast wildlands"

"across the world"

"before the channellers can conquer each"

"other they must conquer the land itself"

Each break is a different scene.

November 11, 2012 8:07:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Act 1....

Quoting parrottmath,

The opening of act I this is the best I can give... sorry for any misspellings...

--Scene--Relias sitting on throne--

How cruel is destiny. How implacable fate, which writes the stories of our world in cold uncaring stone. Your story Relias ends with a crown. But let me tell you another.

--Scene--Black screen --

It begins with a girl.

--Scene--Girl Standing --

In a time before this one, she was born with a great gift.

-- Background adds people--

The ability to see into the future. This made her both sought after, and feared.

-- Background changes to hallway and steps--

To protect her, the Padars of Old brought her to the temple of the five at Odenvell and installed the golem Tyundii, as her protector.

-- Background adds three people slowly--

For 1000 years she dispensed her wisdom to all. Antharan warlords, Athican kings, Revenan merchants

--Scene--Golem being destroyed--

Then the titans decided to silence her voice. Curgen lord of Impernian himself attacked the temple He destroyed Tyundii and trapped the oracle in an enchanted neverending sleep

--Fades at the word sleep--

--Scene--Ship in harbor--

Centuries past Odenvell fell into ruin and then you Relias arrived determined to end the titans curse. To wake the oracle and woo her to your side.

November 11, 2012 12:32:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Warning there are SPOILERS for the Campaign.... Act 1

When you travel north you find

-Abbey on Fire-

Grennhelm, The frozen north, it sadden me to see it burn. I was fostered there Relias did you know that. It was not easy. A girl amongst so many men, they were good men though, the Padars. They taught me much, It was at Grennhelm, I first learned of the magi and the sacred artifacts that they carried Argon's Sword Ereog's Staff and the stone, Breon's Jewel, the most powerful of them all.

November 11, 2012 12:38:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

After you have visited the Abbey,

Once you collect all the fragments this movie plays.

- Tyundii is Reformed-

Great Tyundi, Ever my champion, Ever my protector. Curgen shattered his body yes, but the magics that made him live, Relias. They were not so easily destroyed. When you gathered his fragments together, You remade more than a map, you remade him. My most honest and most faithful Servant, the Ruins told you where my temple lay, but to find me all you needed to do was follow him.

November 11, 2012 12:50:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That conlcudes the first ACT of the campaign. The next  scene is a movie intro to Act II and a conclusion to ACT I.

(Also, I noticed in the intro movie (which is the movie that plays when you start the game that I forgot a word)

"other they must conquer the land itself."  should be "other they must first conquer the land itself."

If I knew how to add subtitles to .bik films I would, but I don't have the editting software to do that.

November 11, 2012 1:21:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

-Act II-

--Scene--Outside the Temple--

Thousands of years ago, a great prophecy was made, an empire of sorcery would rise and cause the destruction of all mankind. You Relias, sought to prevent that prophecy to coming to past.

--Scene--Temple Steps--

You came east, tasked to wake the oracle of Odenvell, and enlist her aid in the war that was to come.

--Scene--Entered Temple--

You and your compainion, Shirayne, Sought to break Curgens spell, to cast off the magic of the stone.

--Scene--At the Jewel--

But the jewel's power could not be overcome. You failed.

--Scene--Flash consumes Shirayne--

Shirayne died.

--Scene--Leaving the Temple--

Others would have despaired, would have abandoned their mission. Not you Relias, your will was strong, you would not be defeated, and you realized, if the power of the stone was strong enough to cast the oracle down, perhaps then, that same power could be used to wake her once more.

November 12, 2012 6:55:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

(SPOILERS) When visiting the Malaya

-Kraxis and Yithril-

The Forge at Malaya - thousands of years ago Relias. This was the sight of a great betrayal, where the iron workers of the Halas were sold into the titans Curgen's service by those that they trusted.

How fitting then that it was here you learn of Emperor Karavox's Deception. The truth behind his prefered friendship, his betrayal of the West, and all it's civilization stood for.

November 12, 2012 6:58:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

(SPOILERS) Start of Act III end of Act II

-Act III- --Scene--Walking to the temple--

Thousands of years ago a prophecy was made. A prophecy that foresaw the rise of an empire of sorcery. Lead by a Fallen Enchantress

--Scene--Inside the temple--

whose rain would plunge the world into choas and savagry. You came east Relias intent on preventing this prophecy from being fufilled, and instead through your arogance,

--Scene--Outside the temple--

through your willfull ignorance of the stone's true nature. You brought that prophecy to pass. Once Breon's jewel had contained the power of life, but that power had been currupted by Curgen's touch, transformed, and when you returned it to the temple, when you used it's magics to wake me, I was transformed as well.

--Scene--Oracle Ceresa--

From the all too human Oracle Ceresa to the Fallen Enchantress herself.

November 13, 2012 12:15:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Siege of Kos Piatra

-Kraxis and Fallen-

An Empire of Sorcery Relias. An alliance of men and fallen. The soldier's of Kraxis, the warrior's of Yithril, my Wraithes, and creatures of even darker magics.

Did you think of the prophecy then Relias? As you approached Kos Piatra. Did you think of the part you played in bringing about this army's formation? Of the irony of your mission? I did. I thought of that irony Relias, and further irony's yet to come.

November 13, 2012 12:57:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The siege of Vas Norga.

-Vas Norga Siege-

Vas Norga. It is mine now Relias, as are all the cities you built. It is the country you raised. Resolyn. I have kept the name, as I have kept other things that were once yours. Other things that were once precious to you, the lady Shirayne. The energies of her body were weak, but I managed have enhanced them, so she could enjoy a semblance of life. Not the life she once led, but enough at least, that the two of you could enjoy a union of sorts.

November 13, 2012 1:15:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

(SPOILER)

The End of Act III -- End of Game --

--Scene--Relias sitting on throne--

I have read your heirgamenon, Relias. Your version of the story.

--Scene--Fade-in Shirayne--

You speak not of Shirayne transformation,

--Scene--Fade-in Fallen Enchantress--

or mine. You express no grief of what your arrogance has brought. But you will feel that anguish soon enough. For let me tell you of the future, implacable, imovable, holds for you and the

--Scene--Two armies meeting at the battle field--

race of men. A war is coming A war between east and west, between kingdoms and empires, between man and

--Scene--Death on the battle field--

fallen. A future of blood and death, of chaos and destruction.

--Scene--Fallen Enchantress's Face--

The Fallen Enchantress is risen Relias, and I prophecied this: You and I shall meet once more, our stories will intersect, and your story, my king. Your story shall END.

November 13, 2012 1:18:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Apparently, looking through the videos. I missed this one on the campaign. I suspect that this video is in Act II when you are sent out to get the Drota...

(If someone could tell me where this video triggers It'd be much appreciated.)

-Curgen's Glass-

For all his days, after it was stolen from him, Curgen lusted for the jewel, Relias. Did you know that? He torchured the Padar's he caught, those who took it from him, and consigned them to oblivion when they would not talk.

He thought they wanted the stones power for themselves. He could not understand why they feared, why they kept it's location secret.

But the Drota knew. Those who seek the stone must also seek the flame, and fire burns Relias. Fire consumes everything it touches.

November 13, 2012 1:29:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you Parrotthmath, you are great helper, indeed, but I wonder, I done played singe players scenarios, but I do not understand whole story, who was speaking to relias? was that Oracle Ceresa speaking to Relias? a black hair women turn to Cerese? why she so forced on relias? Based I read and play game what Relias, it's seem Relias do not know Ceresa personal, only in his dream? What is Relias and Shirayne friendship? are they brother and sister or lover or just simple firendship or she work for relias who happan to like her lot? What about Ceresa, what make her so force on Relias? Do Relias do something that he shouldn't do to her and she want paid back? I do not understand whole story clearly....

November 13, 2012 1:43:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yes the oracle was speaking to Relias. All the voice is done by the Oracle Ceresa.

The black hair girl is the oracle ceresa who became the fallen enchantress.

The stone that Relias got was currupted and turned the Oracle Ceresa into a monster (the energy of the stone corrupted her). Thus, being a monster she wanted revenge on what Relias did to her. But who knows the mind of the Fallen Enchantress.

The relationship between Relias and Shirayne is more like lover from the implications. But given Relias reputation he is just a ladies man and so Shirayne might have been assigned the task with Relias and Relias took advantage of the situation himself.

November 13, 2012 2:44:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's seem Relias isn't very clever, when she said stone is her doom in his dream when I read a text of his dream, map where three demon make a dirty when need to cleaning stone up in quest text..., yet he carrier that stone to wake her up...I'm very, very aware that Relias bring rise of fallen rather than stop in act 2 at early to middle when I read and think careful....

November 13, 2012 2:45:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe Relias is drunk and not think clearly, it's said in text he need some drinking after "bad or weird dream"....

November 13, 2012 2:49:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

jesus parrot

I do hope this is message enough to the developpers that Subtitles are very important!

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

November 13, 2012 2:56:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Humility,

It's seem Relias isn't very clever, when she said stone is her doom in his dream when I read a text of his dream, map where three demon make a dirty when need to cleaning stone up in quest text..., yet he carrier that stone to wake her up...I'm very, very aware that Relias bring rise of fallen rather than stop in act 2 at early to middle when I read and think careful....

I'm not sure but I think all cutscenes actually take place at the end of the campaign. They are just narrating what you do as you go along. Like they are the parting words for Relias from Ceresa, to describe the adventure. I agree it seems strangely structured, otherwise how is Ceresa speaking to Relias when she is still locked in the stone (and still "good")?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000875   Page Render Time: