The Map Pack is coming

By on November 10, 2012 3:06:33 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Very soon we plan to release the very first Map Pack for Elemental: Fallen Enchantress.  In addition to a new hand crafted map for every map size along with new stamps to spice up random map generation, it also includes the full Anthys map. A gigantic map that contains the entire known world of Elemental (at least, as of ~150 AC).

Locked Post 209 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 12, 2012 5:19:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting tkobo,

This does leave me wondering though,if the map pack IS the expansion,which seems odd....OR...if they are separate BUT the map pack is included in the expansion ...which makes sense in a "way to sell it to those who dont get it as part of the wom deal ",while giving it to those who do qualify under the wom deal......or some other option....

DLC isn't the expansion.  

Broadly speaking: DLC is content, Expansions involve new game code.  

The expansion coming out early next year will be free for those who bought WOM in October 2010 or earlier. It's going to focus on the way champions work and continue the story started in FE.  

November 12, 2012 5:54:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 123
Quoting Heavenfall, reply 106
Quoting Frogboy, reply 91People who bought WOM before the end of October 2010 get the upcoming expansion pack to FE for free as well.

I'm confused.

When E:wom was deemed a failure, you said early adopters would be getting two expansions for free. Fallen enchantress and the next expansion.

Are you saying we get the expansion to FE as well, or are you saying that the expansion to FE is the second game we are getting? I'm asking because there's a difference between getting FE (a two year game in development) and getting an expansion (6 months in development at release?).

Also, I don't suppose you have a name you'd like to throw around for the expansion? So we can all start making our wishlists for it.

Originally, Fallen Enchantress and the next expansion pack were going to be expansion packs for WOM.  But once we realized that WOM's design was unsalvagable and it wasn't fair to saddle Kael with WOM's baggage, we decided to make FE a new game.  So it's FE and the expansion to FE.

FE and LH were supposed to be micro expansions originally (ala Sins Diplomacy and Sins Retribution).  Obviously, we FE, we went a little overboard.  The second expansion will be back in line with what we originally intended, more of a micro expansion.

Thank you for the reply. I guess in that light it makes sense, although I was sort of expecting "another FE" I can buy the argument of "going overboard". In that sense, it isn't really like getting 1.5 games instead of 2, it is more like getting 2.5 instead of 2.

And "LH"? Now you're just teasing us. Elemental: Light's Heart? Elemental: Looming Hellfire? Elemental: Loony Hthoons?
Elemental: Love and Heredity. Dynasties return!

November 12, 2012 5:59:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Elemental:  Little Horse (on the Prairie)

November 12, 2012 6:02:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I could not care less about mutliplayer and time after time in these games less than %5 of the paying player base seem to even bother.Look at all the work Totalwar devs put into Shogun2 mutliplayer and it died fast wasting resources should have gone into the main game.

I think it only works in starcrap style RTS games,MMO and FPS.

November 12, 2012 6:25:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is the Shogun: Total War multiplayer realy dying? Assuming certain things, I will be using it quite heavily in 5 years time

(that being said, I think the TW:Shogun's idea for multiplayer ... especially 'drop-in' battles, is absolutely AWESOME!!!)

November 12, 2012 7:13:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fallen Enchantress: Legion of Heroes?

November 12, 2012 7:31:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Elemental: Sieges and Global Spells.

November 12, 2012 7:47:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

my 2c... Elemental: Lion's Heart

Oh, and free expansion? Jeez, now I really have to pick up all your DLCs. Way to use guilt as a motivator.

November 12, 2012 8:13:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

at least hotseat would be great to have, would make a good starting step

November 12, 2012 9:15:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kalin,
my 2c... Elemental: Lion's Heart

Oh, and free expansion? Jeez, now I really have to pick up all your DLCs. Way to use guilt as a motivator.
There aren't any lions in Elemental.

November 12, 2012 9:43:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Elemental Love and Hope    

November 12, 2012 10:00:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, that Anthys map looks Awesome show, Great job!

November 12, 2012 10:07:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its confusing because what FE was called,changed.In addition after the change ,the free expansion is not mentioned as part of the deal in at least one interview,in which instead its said "goodies" will be given to anyone who pre-orderd FE.

By the way,were there any goodies handed out for pre-ordering FE ?

Q: What kind of goodies?

A: Additional quests, monsters, and items.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/419478

And of course,because people were employing different opinions which were conflicting.Not to mention the way some consider FE as being free.In short, the communication was "not optimal". this of course lead people to not "being on the same page".....

Speaking of which ....huge maps ?Included in expansion ?

November 12, 2012 10:07:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Rvgr- How many factions will the Anthys map be able to comfortably accommodate on the Huge setting? Oh, and will the Kingdoms and Empires generally start in their own respective halves of the map?

Polistes- Oh god yes! I hope that each faction starting point is in their respective nation.

I concur with these responses … pre-placed starting locations for all 8 factions, accurately placed, would be AWESOME!

(perferably options between fixed and random ... ("accurate" map vs Kingdoms on Left vs Empires on Right vs ALL rand.)

But if all else fails, ALL FIXED! (awesome map )

November 12, 2012 10:14:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If made as a simple map that you chose then the factions locations would be randomized, but I think modders would rapidly make a scenario version with the factions where they should and wildlands correctly placed.

Shouldn't be too hard... Just do not block city building and stuff, and have the goal be the same as normal gameplay.

The only problem would be having to play as the same faction everytime, unless they made a version for each or something.

November 12, 2012 10:16:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nah, just have everything placed exactly where it should be. Then its playable by any faction

well, only Faction types and Wildlands really need bother be in their correct locations ... quests/huts/random monsters not so much.

November 12, 2012 10:19:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I personally never bothered with nation/ continent maps unless it was pre-placed civs.

I mean, I'd "maybe" do an earth map, but that generally got old UNLESS civs started where they were supposed to.

Why else do you think I like Rhyes and Fall mod so much?

November 13, 2012 12:16:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Definately gonna pick up the DLC if just to play on the larger map shown, hoping the sandbox allows for larger sizes as well.

What are the chances of future DLC's including back in the 2 factions that were removed(Urxen/Mancer) and maybe throwing some new Race/Monster/Unit designs + accompaning them with thier own Wildlands and stamps to spice sandbox and campaign maps up.

November 13, 2012 8:10:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tasunke,
Is the Shogun: Total War multiplayer realy dying? Assuming certain things, I will be using it quite heavily in 5 years time

(that being said, I think the TW:Shogun's idea for multiplayer ... especially 'drop-in' battles, is absolutely AWESOME!!!)

That's why I recognize your username!  TWC.  That's been bugging me.

As for LH, is must be Elemental: Levitating Hecate.  It's like the opposite of Fallen Enchantress... oh nevermind.

November 13, 2012 8:25:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Admit it Brad, you threw that "LH" out there just to drive us crazy.

And I have a question about the large map in the OP.  Will certain elements be random when you play that map?  Like faction placement, resources, goodie huts, quest locations, monster lairs, and fertile land city locations...or is every element locked in place?  And if all factions always start in their appropriate locations, then what happens if you're playing a custom faction?

November 13, 2012 9:24:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And I have a question about the large map in the OP.  Will certain elements be random when you play that map?  Like faction placement, resources, goodie huts, quest locations, monster lairs, and fertile land city locations...or is every element locked in place?  And if all factions always start in their appropriate locations, then what happens if you're playing a custom faction?

I have the same question.

November 13, 2012 10:11:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,
Elemental: Sieges and Global Spells.

this ^^^^^^

November 13, 2012 12:53:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Been following the forums since 2010, also one of those players who enjoyed MoM multiplayer via the save game hack. Adding MP in any form to FE will only increase it's appeal and allow more players to enjoy the game.

November 13, 2012 1:11:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, he is trolling us, both with the LH thing and the little comment of how Anthys is the known world AS OF 150.

I do hope SD gives us that map size to use too, looks awesome. Also, after so much mentioning of Civ maps, I want an Earth map here too.

November 13, 2012 1:25:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting crimsongekko,
S_Generic_Medium_08

S_Generic_Medium_03 

S_Chasms_medium_05

These are all fixed and will be in next patch.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001046   Page Render Time: