Save Scummers

By on October 30, 2012 11:58:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Emperor_Nero

Join Date 12/2010
+1

Save scumming is cheating in my opinion. Strategy games are ALL about decisions (much like roguelikes, which are honestly more strategy than RPG sometimes) and reloading a bad decision is just totally against the spirit of strategy games. Strategy games are about dealing with the decisions you make and making critical decisions. Maybe I am just a 'hardcore' gamer or a purist or whatever you want to call it but I only save to take a break from the game and to avoid crashes. I use a single save and I don't go back - I live with my decisions. That is how I think a strategy game is supposed to be played. I always thought this was the norm for strategy games.

What do you guys think? Are you a save scummer or do you play ironman in FE? If you save scum why, I'd like to know the rationale.  

(PS: Don't mean to come off as offensive or combative, just giving my opinion. Don't hate. haha.)

Locked Post 27 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 31, 2012 8:44:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,
Is save scum anything like soap scum? 

Because I HATE soap scum.

Best post of the thread.  I mean that seriously.  

On topic though:

Why does anyone care about "save scumming"?  Seriously, who gives a shit?  Play the game however you want to get enjoyment from it.  Use cheats, don't use cheats.  Save and reload before every battle.  Play house-ruled single save iron man.  What do I care how you play as long as you enjoy the game and give Stardock their props and your money so that they keep making games I enjoy for the foreseeable future.  

Anyone who complains the game is too easy because they reload every lost battle or use cheats is a dumbass.  Ignore them.  Problem solved.

November 1, 2012 12:36:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fistalis,
Generally speaking, I'll start a new game rather than load and replay.

Ditto.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: