Imperium Wildlands Quest not releasing ZOC

By on October 30, 2012 10:33:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

RexDaddy

Join Date 04/2006
+1

I've had this happen in the betas where you could kill all of the beasts and the boss and the wildland would not give up it's zoc so that you could build a city or harvest shards.  In this case Resoln has ringed the wildland ( the Imperium which is like a giant gated region with lots of Ogre and darkling resources ) with their settlements, so perhaps that is somehow interfering.  It's very frustrating to take the time to kill all the monsters and hit all their sites and still not get the reward.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 30, 2012 11:17:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If I remember correctly, the Imperium Wildlands quest is completed by building a city within it, so bring a pioneer into the area where the Death Demon lair was (inside the inner set of walls) and see if there is anything settleable in that area.

October 30, 2012 11:30:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This wildland messes up if there is a city built on it's border too close to the spot a city is suppose to be built inside it.  Did that make sense?  Kind of confusing.  You have to finsih the wildland by building a city on a specific tile, normally it's obvious which one, as it's the only tile that you can build on after you kill all the monsters, BUT if there is a city built right outside the wildland within the 6 tile space, then the tile is no longer available to build on and you can't finish the wildland.  I wish I could explain it better.

October 31, 2012 12:18:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Also check what Lord Xia said.

When you bring the pioneer inside the inner walls of the Imperium, start checking the tooltip for the 'settle' button - if your pioneer is standing on fertile ground but can't build a city because there is another one too close to that spot, the tooltip should say something about the site being too close to another city rather than the site being ineligible due to lack of food. Then look for the closest city to that spot, take it over, and raze it, then build your new city on the ruins of the Imperium. Generally, any city built adjacent to the borders of the wildland is a candidate for causing this particular problem. If you're lucky, only one city will have to be raised. If you aren't lucky, there might be two or three cities that you need to get rid of in order to clear the wildlands, and some of them may already be fairly well developed or have special structures in them.

October 31, 2012 12:45:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, there are TWO Resoln cities right up against the walls, since I was going to have to kill them off eventually anyway, this is as good an excuse as any.  I will post back here if it solves the problem, thanks for the advice.

January 1, 2015 2:07:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Old, old topic I know!

Just confirming that razing a city near the Imperium wildlands still fixes the problem in FE:LH as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: