Buy FE in a box?

By on October 29, 2012 10:59:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wellsee

Join Date 08/2007

Hi. I don't know much about stardock, Elemental or Fallen Enchantress. I am interested in buying FE but it seems like all the channels are download only. Does anyone sell a box with CD/DVD? I'm rather fond of physical media... Sure, I have my Gal Civ 2 discs, but I also still have my Master of Magic (and Orion) floppies! Obviously I'm worried about being able to install the game again years down the road.

Any suggestions? Could I do the digital download and there's something I could burn to DVD from which I could reinstall in 5 years? I'm betting that it isn't that simple - surely there are keys or some other protection involved.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 29, 2012 11:10:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is only available through digital distribution. If I remember it correctly it allowed for SD to spend more money on the actual game instead of on having to ship the game out and all. I am sure if you give this thread enough time I am sure Frogboy might be able to give you a solution to putting the game onto a physical medium. You could buy a USB flash drive (A 4gb is like $8) and put the game on there.

October 29, 2012 11:18:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you purchased the game through Stardock, you can simply download an .exe from https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products and burn it to any media you want.

October 29, 2012 11:19:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As long as you buy directly from Stardock, you can make a physical backup of the download. There is no copy protection on it.

edit: lol, I see Heavenfall just beat me to it.

October 29, 2012 11:27:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You merely adopted these forums... I was born in them.

October 29, 2012 11:33:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent! Thanks for the quick feedback, I'll pay up through stardock and start downloading. It's my bday present to myself. Cheers!

October 29, 2012 11:37:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
You merely adopted these forums... I was born in them.

lol, fair enough!

Quoting Wellsee,
Excellent! Thanks for the quick feedback, I'll pay up through stardock and start downloading. It's my bday present to myself. Cheers!

Happy birthday!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: