Let's Play Fallen Enchantress (Video Series)

By on October 28, 2012 5:37:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Das123

Join Date 05/2003
+79

Hi all,

Just started a new 'Let's Play' style video series of Fallen Enchantress. In this series we'll be playing as Oracle Ceresa. I haven't played much as Ceresa in the past but wanted to show the really cool demons and uniqueness of the Resoln faction.

Hope you enjoy...

Playlist is here

Episode 1 is here...

Locked Post 40 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 28, 2012 6:10:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I want to thank you for your Let's Play videos.  I have watched several entire series and am always looking forward to more because I enjoy them immensely.

Thank you!

October 28, 2012 6:50:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You have to make more videos than 1 or 2 each day, it's over way to quickly since they actually are fun to watch

October 29, 2012 9:33:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very well done, Das! I especially enjoyed your throrough explanation of gameplay mechanics.

October 29, 2012 9:37:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Love your LPs Das!

October 30, 2012 2:29:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for your comments.

I tend to record a heap in one or two sittings and then start processing them afterwards but uploading takes quite a while so I only upload about one a day.

Here's episode 2 and 3...

October 30, 2012 4:53:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, has to say I think this LP is grand. Has been looking forward to your first version 1.00 LP. Nice choice of faction too I must say. I think it's the first time I've ever seen a Resoln Let's play.

What I really love with your LP's is how well you explain what you do and why. We really follow your strategy step by step, and are with you on the whole travel towards greatness or failure. As a viewer I'm getting very dragged into the game, almost like I'm with you playing along myself.

October 31, 2012 5:20:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

These are great videos!  I highly recommend them to not just those looking for a game demonstration, but also anyone who would like to gain some insight, tips and strategies from an experienced player.  Thanks Das, these are coming in very handy as I promote the game.

October 31, 2012 6:16:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the comments. The funny thing is I tend to play more carefully when I do a Let's play and I actually enjoy these games more.

Here's episode 4...

November 1, 2012 4:38:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Da123 you must be rusty! Start you cities out building logging camp and workshops otherwise buildings like shrines take too long to build. Oppression city enchant really helps with production at the start by reduing loss from unrest..at least till you get the camp and shop up. Since you built on the 3/3 you prob should have gone town for your first city. Switching from the staff of souls to the stone mace on your spellcaster wasnt a good idea..shadowbolt and dirge need that +25% spell dmg to be worth casting. Dont forget to corrupt your nodes so your death magic dmg goes up. With spiders and alter demons you prob dont need to be researching leather armor just yet. I like trading for roads, but since your a caster you might grab enchating in the maigc tree for early ranged troops

November 1, 2012 4:44:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

enoeraew37, now that is good information. Thanks. I've already finished this series now (just need to upload all the episodes) but I do plan on making another soon.

November 1, 2012 4:55:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heh I'm still in #2...with Death magic you should be casting blind on every melee mob like that troll..its super cheap, has no casting time and causes 50% chance to miss. One of the best spells. Also let your demons hang back and gain a lvl or two before you move them forward..otherwise they die in one hit. Go with Fortress city types unless you need food/influence from town type. Fortress is the only type that seems to be able to build city defenses..plus they get buildings that speed production. You just got warden outpost upgrade in the video...but you dont seem to know you need to click on the outpost and build the various outpost upgrades..its not automatic. In your next series tap up research time during creation so you dont finish the tech tree so quickly.

November 1, 2012 2:44:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Don't forget to corrupt all those shards... One of Oracle Ceresa's strength can be her death magic and the Cyndrum Demons.

November 1, 2012 5:27:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the tips. It's too late for this series but I always learn a lot from the comments. (I only end up corrupting one shard in this whole series and that was more of an experiment to see what the Cyndrum Demons were like).

Here's episode 5...

November 1, 2012 5:38:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like the Earth Elementals but was not overly impressed with the other shard demons so I corrupted every other shard I could find.  I would be interested in hearing other players thoughts on how they like the other shard demons.

November 1, 2012 6:35:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love the Crow Demons personally. 4 Movement and Flight. Perfect scouts.

November 2, 2012 5:55:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The death shard demons trumphs all. Split to 9 members in the unit them and you soon have a 244 hitpoint unit.

November 2, 2012 6:07:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The split to 9 units is a typo. Only splits to 5 units - but still very cool.

November 2, 2012 7:41:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was 9 in earlier beta wasnt it, or has it always been 5? I have won many beta games with them practially alone (and the Dirge of Ceresa sp?).

November 2, 2012 3:42:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think when the parties and groups were balanced the top limit went from 9 to 5 (something I feel is good for the game).

Here's episode 6...

November 2, 2012 4:36:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Das123,
I think when the parties and groups were balanced the top limit went from 9 to 5 (something I feel is good for the game).

The top limit is 7 now, but the Undying Curse trait has been limited to a max of 5. 

November 2, 2012 8:00:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great videos (even though the fights are a bit slow a times, maybe up the animation speed? just a suggestion...)

I do wonder why you turned down the influence from the quest, even though you will need influence to use that wildland allies tech you are researching at that point and have no other influence sources in sight.

In episode 6, at time 15:56 there is one of those invisible rivers. Had that bug for ages, glad it also happens for other people, as I got no reactions to my bug reports about it. Look at the terrain indicator, it says 'river' even though the tile next to the river is highlighted. And the unit actually stops there like on a real river tile. So it is a real river tile, you just can't see it

November 3, 2012 2:54:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Xenomath,
I do wonder why you turned down the influence from the quest, even though you will need influence to use that wildland allies tech you are researching at that point and have no other influence sources in sight.

Ahhh yes. Keep watching. This bites me big-time.

November 4, 2012 12:48:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

November 4, 2012 2:32:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here's episode 8...

November 5, 2012 3:05:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001171   Page Render Time: