I bought WoM, wasn't there a discount for people like me for FE?

By on October 25, 2012 10:31:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

nates1984

Join Date 09/2008

I could be mistaken, but I thought I heard people who bought WoM would get some kind of discount for FE?

I loved the concept of WoM, and was severely disappointed to find I wasted (what I think was) $60 on it. Having said that, I'm thinking about giving Stardock another go, simply because I love the idea of mixing RPG elements into a strategy game (the games that have tried this before have all been kinda meh) and hey, at the end of the day they sure as shit aren't EA. It looks like updates for WoM ended, so it is what it is, but FE is out.

So anyways, rant over, was I mistaken? Did I miss out on the opportunity?

Also, the AI in WoM was retarded. Is it much better now? Now do they regularly field decent military units?

One more thing, are you still stuck with the high minimum distance between cities? God damn that drove me up the wall. I'm competent with computers, so as long as you can mod the minimum distance it's all good.

Thanks all!

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 25, 2012 10:45:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Simply go to http://download.stardock.com and log in with the account you bought the original game on, and FE should be there waiting for you.

October 25, 2012 10:55:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hm, I guess I don't qualify? It isn't in my purchased game list, and when I attempt to purchase it the price is the standard $40.

If it matters, this was my purchase date for WoM, I seem to remember that mattering, maybe?

Order Date: Friday, February 18, 2011

October 26, 2012 3:04:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You had to have purchased it in 2010.  By the time you bought it the quality of it was well know.

October 26, 2012 3:34:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There was a $10 pre-order discount for people who owned the original... it may have expired now that the game is released. 

October 26, 2012 6:26:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes the $10 discount for WoM owners was only for the pre-order of FE. I got WoM in March 2011 and pre-ordered FE for $29.99.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000968   Page Render Time: