Decalon? (That 4 books of magic race perk)

By on October 25, 2012 3:56:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nerhesi

Join Date 02/2006
+3

I cannot seem to find out how to purchase those books - in beta, these books were available from the shop so that your champions/hero could learn fire/earth/air/water. I can't seem to find them in the shop now, is there a pre-requisite for them to be visible? Can't seem to find any info on this

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 25, 2012 4:00:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't find them either.

October 25, 2012 4:08:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You have to research spellbooks in the magic tech tree to aquire them

October 25, 2012 4:18:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Captain Quirk,
You have to research spellbooks in the magic tech tree to aquire them

There is no tech called spellbooks.

Wait i See.. it requires a tech, but you don't get the tech as on option when your using a custom faction/sov. So that option is pretty much broken on custom factions..

October 25, 2012 4:20:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Doesn't Pariden only get access to them?

October 25, 2012 4:21:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Where exactly is "spell books"? I dont' seem to have it on the magic tree. Is that the heading title for a research topic?

October 25, 2012 4:21:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

I made a custom Race.

October 25, 2012 4:23:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nerhesi,

Quoting GFireflyE, reply 5

I made a custom Race.

This. Its a useless Pick on custom races since only pariden get the tech. Why would they even let it be an option lol.

May as well post it in a BUG thread while you're at it.

October 25, 2012 4:24:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Either you play Pariden, or you need to make a custom race that has Enchanters, and The Decalon.  It's a bug.  Derek's already mentioned it will be fixed in the future.

October 25, 2012 4:25:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Glazunov1,
You need a race that has Enchanters, and The Decalon.  It's a bug.  Derek's already mentioned it will be fixed in the future.

so you have to be an exact copy of pariden. lol. Yay for customization?

Edit: Its in the 1.01 changelog as fixed. Guess I'll just stop playing til the patch.

October 25, 2012 4:30:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fistalis,

Quoting Glazunov1, reply 9You need a race that has Enchanters, and The Decalon.  It's a bug.  Derek's already mentioned it will be fixed in the future.

so you have to be an exact copy of pariden. lol. Yay for customization?

Well if hes mentioned it.. and its known.. why is it not being fixed?

Because it was discovered after the game was released.  (If you know a complex game--not a HOG, for example--that's perfect upon release, please let me know.)  So the next version will have it--probably next week.

I do agree, it's ridiculous as far as customization is concerned, but I expect Seanw's mod to be out today or tomorrow, and that might supply a temp fix.

October 25, 2012 4:35:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Magic > Charms > Sorcery > Spellbooks

October 25, 2012 4:36:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can I get a link to 1.01 changelog?

Also, to clarify, after the 1.01 patch, I will not need "Enchanters" , only "The Decalon" to be able to purchase and use the elemental magic books? Correct?

October 25, 2012 4:38:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You have to either play Pariden or make a custom race with The Decalon trait.  Then you have to research a tech, and after that the spell books appear in the shop.  However, I think the tech is not appearing in the magic tech tree in 1.00 for custom races.  It worked in the last beta drop, but just before release the devs made a change and I think broke it.

Edit: Sorry for taking so long to type up my post, I see the question has already been answered.

October 25, 2012 4:38:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nerhesi,
Can I get a link to 1.01 changelog?

http://forums.elementalgame.com/434823

Check the support forum for changelogs, and check the change log often. They're a living changelog up til release of the patch as more things get fixed and added. This one has probably doubled in size just today.

Quoting Nerhesi,
Also, to clarify, after the 1.01 patch, I will not need "Enchanters" , only "The Decalon" to be able to purchase and use the elemental magic books? Correct?

Correct.

EDIT: I'm also certain that it's a fairly simple .XML fix to correctly hook this back up, but I don't have the game files in front of me, so I can't say exactly what it is. It should be easy enough for anyone to bandaid this themselves if someone can sift through the XML and find the part that's broken.

October 25, 2012 4:41:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nerhesi,
1. Can I get a link to 1.01 changelog?

2. Also, to clarify, after the 1.01 patch, I will not need "Enchanters" , only "The Decalon" to be able to purchase and use the elemental magic books? Correct?

1. Here you are.

2. Exactly.

December 17, 2012 10:45:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So I downloaded 1.1 and it seems like Decalon is not fixed. I cannot find Spellbooks in the Magic research tree. Can anyone else confirm this trait is still broken for custom races?

[Edit] Never mind. Created a new faction and sovereign and the tomes appear as unique items and Spellbooks appeared on the research tree. I also downloaded the beta 1.11 so not sure if that fixed it or if the original problem was just a fluke. This is my first time playing FE since release of EWoM, so still trying to get a handle on things.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: