A little excessive amount of leather armor

By on August 18, 2012 2:23:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Numdydar

Join Date 07/2003

I sincerely hope this is on your list of items to fix for Beta 5. Exactly how many greaves does one hero need anyway lol.

This grab was taken right afer he became my vasal. So this is how he was the turn I got him on my side. Obviously my next step is to find a merchent

Too much leather

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 18, 2012 2:39:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

He is very very afraid his other leather greaves will break, his fighting style includes being hit right there on the thigh's multiple times by everything (including himself), so he brought "a few" spares

This useless comment was brought to you by:
~ Kongdej

August 18, 2012 5:12:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Actually I think there is this scam artist who goes around FE territory hawking these surplus leather greaves. He always tells a fancy tale of how they came into his possession but in the end he's just trying to pawn them on some unsuspecting fellow. "Athican leather" he will say, hand made and of the finest quality. Even Altar himself wears these same leather greaves. You would be amiss not to buy them, and why just one pair. Think about your mom, your dad, cousin vinny, they could all use a pair can't they? It's never to early to start your christmas shopping you know. And I will give you a great deal on the whole lot!

Anyways, PSA: Don't fall for the leather greaves scam. 

August 18, 2012 9:08:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Never be caught off guard, who knows when you need a clean pair of greaves out in the wilds ?

August 18, 2012 10:46:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wonder if he listens to The Shins.  Maybe he wants to protect his bootlegs of their concerts.

August 19, 2012 12:06:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In don't see a problem. Derek asked Frogboy to program the AI to buy lots of items and it is doing that. 18 items worth of armor should make him nigh invincible. 

August 19, 2012 1:56:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Supreme Shogun,
Never be caught off guard, who knows when you need a clean pair of greaves out in the wilds ?

He needs a new pair every time he come up against my stack of doom    

August 19, 2012 6:56:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Reminds me of this:

Presiding General: Sixty-eight pounds ten shillings for a pair of gaiters?

Fawcett: (dismissively) They were special gaiters, sir.

Presiding General: Special gaiters?

Fawcett: Yes, sir, they were made in France. One beret costing fourteen shillings...

Presiding General: What was special about them?

Fawcett: (as if he can hardly be bothered to reply) They were made of a special fabric, sir. The buckles were made of empire silver instead of brass. The total value of the uniform was there...

Presiding General: Why was the accused wearing special gaiters?

Fawcett: (irritably) They were a presentation pair sir, from the regiment. The total value of the uniform...

Presiding General: Why did they present him with a special pair of gaiters?

Fawcett: Sir, it seems to me totally irrelevant to the case whether the gaiters were presented to him or not, sir.

Presiding General: I think the court will be able to judge that for themselves. I want to know why the regiment presented the accused with a special pair of gaiters.

Fawcett: (stifling his impatience) He used to do things for them Sir. The total value of the uniform...

Presiding General: What things?

Fawcett: (exasperated) He... he used to oblige them, sir. The total value...

Presiding General: Oblige them?

Fawcett: Yes, sir. The total value of the uniform...

Presiding General: How did he oblige them?

Fawcett: What sir?

Presiding General: How did he oblige them?

Fawcett: (more and more irritated) He, um... used to make them happy in little ways, sir. The total value of the uniform could therefore not have been less than...

Presiding General: Did he touch them at all?

Fawcett: Sir! I submit that this is totally irrelevant.

Presiding General: I want to know how he made them happy.

Fawcett: (losing his temper) He used to ram things up their...

Presiding General: (quickly) All right! All right! No need to spell it out! What er... what has the accused got to say?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: