I Just Found Out About this Game

By on July 23, 2012 6:28:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

davelogan69

Join Date 07/2008

As stated in the title, I just found out that this game existed.  It looks fun, my question is if I buy War of Magic now will I receive a discount on Fallen Enchantress? Thanks.

Dave

update - the stardock store says for those who bought it in 2011 so I guess I answered my own question.  I guess I will only get FE. 

Locked Post 21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 23, 2012 6:45:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Welcome to the nutty house
... or is that just me?

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

July 23, 2012 6:59:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks. I will be right  at home .

I am thinking of getting War of Magic anyway. Thoughts on whether it is worth it?

July 23, 2012 7:00:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You can pre-order FE now and get the beta. The FE beta is much more fun then WoM anyway so there is no real point in buying WoM now. Definitely consider  pre-ordering FE though. 

July 23, 2012 7:20:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool. Thanks.

July 25, 2012 3:32:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah definitely pick up Fallen Enchantress. Now is a great time to get into this game, BETA 4!

July 25, 2012 7:10:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you get per-order FE, I suggest waiting for Beta 4 (Estimated to be released on August 16) rather than trying out the current version.

July 25, 2012 8:05:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Don't blow your money on War of Magic. It is really a horrible game and you would not get a discount now anyway.  Best to stick with FE it is a much better game even though it still has a ways to go before it is good. But the devs are having a few more betas so I'm almost sure that the game will be good when it is released.

Every beta so far has made the game better. And I have Faith that the man who brought us CIV4 Fall from Heaven (Derek) can make this game rock.

PS:  Derek any chance of a Fall from heaven or a Warlock mod for CIV 5? 

July 28, 2012 11:14:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Unfortunately, it looks like I had purchased Elemental : WoM just a few months outside of the "Free FE Beta" time range.  After being extremely disappointed with WoM, I'm very hesitant to divy out 40 bucks on FE without knowing a bit more about the changes being implemented.  I have not been able to keep up with the changes, so for those of you with Beta access I have a few questions that will likely make or break my enjoyment of FE:

• Does Fallen Enchantress have any form of campaign/story mode (I thoroughly enjoyed the WoM tutorial before realizing how short it was)?  If so, can it be played cooperatively via multiplayer?
  • Does Fallen Enchantress have a multiplayer mode that allows for both players to participate in the tactical combat (not just autoresolves)?  Can this multiplayer mode be played both competitively and cooperatively?

I appreciate the feedback as I'm itching for a good tactical combat game that I can play with my friends.  I was hoping back when I got WoM that it would scratch that itch, but it failed miserably.

Thanks.

July 28, 2012 1:22:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting EpilepticFury,
Does Fallen Enchantress have any form of campaign/story mode (I thoroughly enjoyed the WoM tutorial before realizing how short it was)? If so, can it be played cooperatively via multiplayer?
Does Fallen Enchantress have a multiplayer mode that allows for both players to participate in the tactical combat (not just autoresolves)? Can this multiplayer mode be played both competitively and cooperatively?

First of all FE is starting to become a pretty damn awesome game. Every part of WoM has been drastically revamped, it really is a whole new game. The base game is just tons of fun to play and I can't wait for Beta4. You just can't compare the fun factor of WoM and FE.

There is a official campaign in the works, with it's own dedicated team. It will apparently be on a whole new level compared to the old WoM campaign, and include a lot of cool new stuff. The devs have also said that modders will be able to create their own campaigns as well.

FE will unfortunately not have MP on release. Although there are plans for it to be included after release. No details have been revealed on it yet however. 

July 29, 2012 11:53:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I appreciate the response DsRaider.  +1

It looks like I'll be holding off on this one until either the campaign is confirmed/completed or they implement some form of cooperative multiplayer.  Maybe by then the price will have dropped a bit.  I look forward to hearing more of the beta participants feedback as the game evolves.

July 30, 2012 1:40:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting EpilepticFury,

It looks like I'll be holding off on this one until either the campaign is confirmed/completed or they implement some form of cooperative multiplayer.  Maybe by then the price will have dropped a bit.  I look forward to hearing more of the beta participants feedback as the game evolves.

If anything, I can see the price on this going up. The pre-order on FE is $40. I'd gladly pay $100 for what I've seen so far...so $70 for the finished product isn't far fetched and would be WELL worth the price.

July 30, 2012 4:19:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting EpilepticFury, reply 11

If anything, I can see the price on this going up. The pre-order on FE is $40. I'd gladly pay $100 for what I've seen so far...so $70 for the finished product isn't far fetched and would be WELL worth the price.

You must be really rich

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

July 30, 2012 4:52:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kongdej,

Quoting GFireflyE,
reply 12

Quoting EpilepticFury, reply 11

You must be really rich

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

not rich at all. But definately willing to put money to products that are worthwhile. Too few of them these days....so yeah, maybe I've been saving up cause I don't waste money on bad products. (not to say that you do....just saying that I don't).

Besides, most games being released these days are in the $60 range. I wouldn't mind investing a little more if I were getting a little more.

August 2, 2012 11:53:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting EpilepticFury,

Unfortunately, it looks like I had purchased Elemental : WoM just a few months outside of the "Free FE Beta" time range.  After being extremely disappointed with WoM, I'm very hesitant to divy out 40 bucks on FE without knowing a bit more about the changes being implemented.  I have not been able to keep up with the changes, so for those of you with Beta access I have a few questions that will likely make or break my enjoyment of FE:

Does Fallen Enchantress have any form of campaign/story mode (I thoroughly enjoyed the WoM tutorial before realizing how short it was)?  If so, can it be played cooperatively via multiplayer?
Does Fallen Enchantress have a multiplayer mode that allows for both players to participate in the tactical combat (not just autoresolves)?  Can this multiplayer mode be played both competitively and cooperatively?
I appreciate the feedback as I'm itching for a good tactical combat game that I can play with my friends.  I was hoping back when I got WoM that it would scratch that itch, but it failed miserably.

Thanks.

Well this game has no MP and it still needs work on Tactical combat. The TC in this game so far is very limiting. Also this game has not sea units at all.

August 2, 2012 11:55:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting EpilepticFury,
reply 11

$70 is far too much for this game and not worth it. $40 when finished (if good) will be fair.

August 2, 2012 6:44:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I doubt that the MSRP will be $70 at release unless it is a collectors edition of some sort or they are including a whole lot of extra stuff in each game box.  I would think more like $50.

Going back to the OP, in regards to multiplayer, that will certainly be added to the game, probably sooner rather than later as it is an important component for many, but from what they have said it won't be available at initial release.  Since the team concept is already in the game, I could also safely say that co-op play will be available for random games.  A co-op campaign though, not sure if that will happen.  I suspect the initial campaign will be primarily focused on one faction moving through the storyline, so if this is really important to you, then I suggest you hold off until the devs release some concrete info regarding multiplayer and how it will work.

There is one other thing to take note of as well.  The game looks to be designed with modders in mind, and once multiplayer is added to the game, I wouldn't be surprised to see some enterprising mod team whip up one or more co-op type campaigns in the future even if there is no official co-op campaign.

August 4, 2012 7:47:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I appreciate the information.  It still sounds like the best route for me (given the features that are most important to me) would be to hold off until more concrete information is available regarding some of these "after release" promised features.  Given the sour taste that I have after WoM, I would say this is justified.

I agree that I would be willing to pay more for a game that is polished and has these features available.  Unfortunately, it doesnt sound like it's there yet, but at least they're striving for it.

August 4, 2012 9:02:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, I would certainly agree with waiting to see if you get all the features you need.  Everyone needs to make their own decisions on whether to buy a product!

August 5, 2012 4:29:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would definitely buy it instantly were it on steam, so please get it up there as a preorder as soon as possible?

Also, I was thinking about buyable DLCs that would enable those who want to help out Stardock financialy (I would easily pay 70˘for the game, but I recognize a lot of ppl wouldn't).

So, Stardockians, please go with DLCs, but NEVER go with game breaking ones (in terms of money buying benefits for players that can get them).

Get us new balanced sovereigns, tekstures, vanity items for sovereigns and beautifications for maps and cities, hell, even customizible dynastic management, just never introduce something that can give I-pay-win options.

(Im positive you wouldn't, just saying so)

Thank you for the great game in making, keep the great work forever and after finishing this one, think about making Demigod2.

LOL and DOTA need a competitor.

August 5, 2012 6:35:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting athelasloraiel,
I would definitely buy it instantly were it on steam, so please get it up there as a preorder as soon as possible?

Also, I was thinking about buyable DLCs that would enable those who want to help out Stardock financialy (I would easily pay 70˘for the game, but I recognize a lot of ppl wouldn't).

So, Stardockians, please go with DLCs, but NEVER go with game breaking ones (in terms of money buying benefits for players that can get them).

Get us new balanced sovereigns, tekstures, vanity items for sovereigns and beautifications for maps and cities, hell, even customizible dynastic management, just never introduce something that can give I-pay-win options.

(Im positive you wouldn't, just saying so)

Thank you for the great game in making, keep the great work forever and after finishing this one, think about making Demigod2.

LOL and DOTA need a competitor.

While I definately would be willing to pay more for a game that is worth more, I really don't like the concept of DLC. It basically says that the original game that you purchased isn't complete and the developers have to nickel and dime you in order to make their profit margins. Essencially, it leaves a foul taste in my mouth.

Rather, make the game for what it is. If enough 'extra' content becomes available, make an expansion.

August 6, 2012 5:57:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think you misunderstood idea behind DLCs.

They don't need to be charged for.

those after a while become as cheap as sawdust).

IT is far easier to develop some graphics and a few modifnications for a DLC. An expansion would be far more...

and definitely wouldn't be with only things that add to visual or styling for the game - expansions add some new mechanisms, ideas etc to game

One should definitely be clear what are game's DLCs for - to make more money with some improvements in "vanity" department (Which sounds reasonable for me) or to charge for the game that still hasn't been finished and is developing....

anyway, get more publicity on other sites please....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time: