Hurry before they begin charging for Game Booster....

By on June 20, 2012 5:01:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

G_Bison

Join Date 02/2008
+108

Only 9 Days left before they begin to charge for this great software....

Locked Post 16 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 20, 2012 5:06:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

what is this?

June 20, 2012 5:17:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
what is this?

The software is free and what it does is optimizes your computer by shutting down different processes to help play a intensive game.... 

June 20, 2012 5:19:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Apparently it's a program that boosts something to do with games.  It makes movies, so I'm downloading it.

Edit: ninja'd by Bison

June 20, 2012 5:27:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

wait it makes movies. as in. like

free fraps?

if so, totall dling.

June 20, 2012 5:35:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

proper term would be videos, but they're the same thing.  Aywho, I saw people posting youtube links to videos they had made on Game Booster's Facebook page.  The rules of the contest said that using the Game Booster program itself to make videos was required.

With Sins game length, I wouldn't be suprised if you could call them movies.

Edit: v3.5.0 Beta

"Added video recording function when playing 3D games"

Now, is Sins considered a 3D game?

June 20, 2012 5:50:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I get about 40% better performance from gameboostering. 

June 21, 2012 8:43:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Color me interested!

June 23, 2012 3:33:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for posting this. I put it on my old laptop and Diablo 3 went from 5-20 fps to a solid 30 fps (the cap i set). Karma for you.

Although, I could not run Elemental with Game Booster running. A black screen with "string not found" repeating 5 or 6 times down the center of the screen, where the menu should be. Does beta Elemental require something Game Booster stops?

June 27, 2012 1:14:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good question, I don't know because it's beta or just plain weirdness. Never had a problem using it so it may be that rare occurrence of incompatibility. Fire off a question to the creators of Game Booster to get a reply.... 

June 28, 2012 4:40:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How do you get GameBooster 3.5 Beta to load up FE Beta 0.915 -localdataonly from the current account?  It is currently loading from Administrator and not giving me access to all my savegames which are associated with my limited user account.

June 28, 2012 10:33:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

While it's in gamebox mode, you just pull and drag into the gamebox area. Now if these are Steam related games, I don't know if there is a conflict with the two programs....

June 28, 2012 2:37:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just started playing The Witcher 2, which I hadn't got around to playing yet. Since my laptop is at the bottom end of the system requirements, I installed gamebooster to see if it could help. I've tried it for a couple of days now, and it doesn't seem to do any good on my system. Rather the contrary; Without it the Witcher runs surprisingly well with almost all graphics settings on the lowest setting, I hardly ever notice a drop in framerate, and my laptop doesn't overheat. But with Gamebooster turned on it heats up way faster, the fan is going crazy, and I have way more hiccups in game.

Is it possible I've done something wrong in gamebooster's settings?

June 28, 2012 9:11:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Satrhan,
Is it possible I've done something wrong in gamebooster's settings?

You can check under tools, and check to see if your drivers are up to date, or tweaks to see if something was turned off and you can re enable it. Also, you can check configure to manually turn on/off processes that maybe affecting your fps playing said game...

It's not perfect  but it does help depending on the game and computer....

July 6, 2012 2:05:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This software is extremely awesome ! I need GameBooster 3.5 Beta to load up FE Beta 0.915 as the admin is not giving me acess to my save games..  Please guide me >?

July 6, 2012 7:01:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting G_Bison,

Quoting Pbhead,
reply 1
what is this?

The software is free and what it does is optimizes your computer by shutting down different processes to help play a intensive game.... 

I have it and in my case it shows 44% of performance improvement but I can see none it FPS wise.

July 6, 2012 12:41:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All right guys, since I don't work for IO, you can go here to find most of your technical answers I can't answer....

Edit: make sure you click on the technical support tab....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: