In playing the current version I keep finding certain abilities being under-rated and other abilities or monster being over rated. Following are some of the threat levels I find that don't match the power of the unit/monster, as well as some similar things that do seem to match the power rating. I'm only looking at individuals because it's not possible for me to work out how much threat should change for adding different kinds of units.
- Ignys are over-rated something fierce. They should be rated weak, damage dealt buffed by 10+.
- Bear cub and Bear are about right now (weak).
- Cave bear should be higher threat than it is.
- Any unit that has the maul ability needs to be rated higher. at least 3x attack rating for the threat calculation.
- Obsidians should be a level higher than they are due to their triple damage attack.
- I think Silt Slags are medium, which is about right (they also have a triple damage attack).
- High Defense needs to increase threat rating better. >30 of all types should be medium as a minimum.
- Spellcasters that have OK defense and OK attack (>15 of each) need to be rated higher if they have attack improvind spells (excl berserk, incl growth, giant form), or spells that drop defense of enemies or reduce accuracy of enemies (blind, curse variants).
- Spellcasters with range damage spells need higher threat the higher their initiative.
- Can the threat calc look at no shards that will modify damage spells? If so, this should be taken into account to better reflect how much pwnage can be dealt out.
- High level regeneration + high defense needs to have increased threat rating
- Large number of ordinary units with ave-low defense need to have a reduced threat rating (a medium Sov should not be able to solo a deadly city battle and win)
- Spellcasters with "affect all units" spells should be rated higher, especially for def debuff, and damage >10 spells after shard effect)
- High critical chance needs to have increased threat rating (>15%)
- Threat rating should be changed if in favourable territory (gets % bonus to def and att)
As an example of a seveely under-rated threat, my Sov at lvl 11, decked out in armour to get def >30, and an attack of 35, with maul, growth and shrink spells, accuracy of >110, spell resist >60 , regen +5, elemental resist +30%, immune to poison, initiative 28, and Hp >80 was rated as Medium. This combo should have been at least Strong if not deadly (solo a dragon labelled deadly and took 0 damage).
a Single Ignys is labelled as medium. But a weak melee only unit (11 att, 6 def, 30hp, 24 initiative) can win comfortably.
The same weak melee unit would get pwned by a cave bear (threat weak). Also get owned by an obsidian (labelled weak).