[eINFO] Soulbound items for heroes (from their moment of spawn)

By on June 7, 2012 2:09:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heavenfall

Join Date 07/2008
+436

I wanted to create items that could not be traded or sold and as it turns out it is much easier than I imagined.

When assigning items to a hero the standard tag to use is <AutoCreateEquipment>. If you use <Equipment> instead, the item will display the following properties:

1) The item does not appear in the inventory of the character and can thus not be sold or traded

2) The item is equipped from the start. The item is unequipped if anything for that slot is equipped. If the replacement item is then unequipped, the soulbound item is again automatically equipped. Example: I have a soulbound horse. The hero will always ride that horse, unless I equip another mount. If I equip another mount and then unequip it, the hero will return to riding its first horse.

3) The item appears in the "portrait" in unit details as an icon like normal items do (NOT accessories!)

4) Its shopvalue is not added to the cost of a champion for recruitment

5) It will not appear as an icon on sovereign selection screen but it is visually equipped

This can be used to give heroes soulbound items that they have from the start, like named mounts or family heirlooms.

Locked Post 5 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 7, 2012 6:44:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's pretty cool.  What happens when you try to do it with accessories?  Same thing as with trained henchmen (free accessory that never comes unequipped)?

June 7, 2012 6:51:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried an accessory and it shows up in the list next to the portrait. It can't be removed, and it doesn't count as taking up an accessory slot. But... you might as well make it a trait then.

June 10, 2012 6:26:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's probably how henchmen work - the equipment they are created with becomes the soulbound stuff, but they can swap in new stuff.  However they can have 6 accessories affecting them at once (some duplicated ).

June 11, 2012 2:29:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I noticed another effect of using <equipment> as well - if you use it on sovereigns, it will show up on diplomacy screens.

June 11, 2012 2:30:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Also, this comment may be redundant

4) Its shopvalue is not added to the cost of a champion for recruitment

If I'm not mistaken, champions get their recruitment cost from their combat rating. That is indirectly affected by all items unless they have non-sensical stats.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: