Attunement bug

By on June 7, 2012 12:02:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

discodog

Join Date 03/2006
+2

This might be a known bug, but playing as magnar the amount of mana I gained and had was never right.  Tool tips said I was getting 4 mana minus 1 mana being used (which should have been right).  Instead every turn I received 2 mana.  In addition something wasn't right in battle,  The amount of mana a spell should have used and how much it did use was different.  Actually I suspect the amount of mana I had was wrong.  Anyway I ended up with -2 mana several times.

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 7, 2012 12:28:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just tested 5 minutes ago as Magnar, Karavox and Porcupine. And all used double the normal amount of mana on casting spells, and keeping enchantments on upkeep.

That said, the game did not check if I had 10 mana on casting inspiration, only checked for the first 5 (the amount described in the spell book), then drained double that amount of mana from my mana reserves.

You might want to put in a version number and [Bug] in front of the name though (next time anyways) and put it in the FE Support forum.
That forum and this procedure will both help the developers keep order in the posts, but also I think support is more closely monitored so there will be a bigger chance that your message will go through there.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

June 7, 2012 12:53:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah just tried with a couple different kingdoms, it's not just attunement.  Something with mana is wack.  Thanks Kongdej.

June 7, 2012 11:24:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fix has been streamed.  You will need to start a new game for the change to take effect.

June 7, 2012 12:50:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome thanks 

June 7, 2012 3:33:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Fix has been streamed.  You will need to start a new game for the change to take effect.

I might be damn nosy, but I want to know what happened

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

June 7, 2012 3:33:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting discodog,
Yeah just tried with a couple different kingdoms, it's not just attunement.  Something with mana is wack.  Thanks Kongdej.

Plenty of time when I cant sleep

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

June 7, 2012 4:16:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kongdej,

Quoting Derek Paxton, reply 3 

I might be damn nosy, but I want to know what happened

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

I applied the latest patch to my public version of the game before I made the streaming patch for splash damage.  When I did that I noticed the spell file didn't get updated (it was way out of date).  I had the guy that builds our installs check out why the patch didn't update my spell file.  While he was troubleshooting he made a backup copy of my spell file.

After he figured out the patch issues I created the updated streaming file to fix the splash damage problem and posted it on the site.  Because there was 2 spell files in my directory spells were in the game twice.  Though the game usually merges redundant information, mana costs were being applied from both spells (ie: you paid 5 mana for the first instance of the inspiration spell, then 5 mana for the second).

The fix took finding and deleting the backup corespells.xml file, rebuilding the streaming file and posting it on the site.

June 7, 2012 4:59:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

applied the latest patch to my public version of the game before.....

Oh cool, thank you for sharing, kind of makes me smarter on how little is needed to create a new bug

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time: