Let's Play Beta 3 (.915) Last Fix Till Summer

By on May 31, 2012 8:10:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

seanw3

Join Date 12/2007
+141

Having recently had a chance to play the latest version, I thought a few videos were in order. The game is finally to the point where I no longer feel the need to mod anything to feel enough enjoyment to continue playing. Must have wasted the whole day forging my Kingdom.

Video 1

Video 2

Locked Post 33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 4, 2012 1:14:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The previous game hit a repeating error so I started over and added some balances. This game is more interesting perhaps than the last one. Mostly because splash damage is under control.

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Chapter 2: Early Aspiration

Chapter 3: The Time of Troubles

June 4, 2012 3:54:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you. commencing download.........

June 4, 2012 4:11:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Could you upload in 720 next time? Its hard to read the text.

June 4, 2012 6:09:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes man!!!! This is amazing I didn't know that you were seanw3 and MrCloud5545 on youtube LooooooL. Nice

The videos are amazing man continue the good work. I suggest you  to put fallen enchantress in the title so they can come up when somebody  is searching for FE on youtube. Is good to see how other people play the game!!!!

P.S: I am NikolianA

June 4, 2012 6:35:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Kudos for not restarting when things go against you

I was worried for a moment that you would restart, but it was sarcasm

June 4, 2012 7:11:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I see that we share the view on charge. Its always a good idea. I even use it on all none mounted units. 

June 4, 2012 7:20:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How much faster is healing in cities?

June 4, 2012 11:53:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,
How much faster is healing in cities?

To my notes, you heal at twice the normal rate.

Aside from special buildings or enchantments, but in any normal city.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

June 4, 2012 1:13:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I should put Fallen Enchantress in the titles. Didn't really think about it. Good Call. I am also looking at a new program that will decrease the size of the video file so I can use the HD recorder. I try to read the text when it is important for the game. I would also like the level of detail to show through more. 

June 4, 2012 1:26:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

das123 has hd videos. u could ask what he uses

June 4, 2012 2:51:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

erased

June 4, 2012 3:32:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks, watched (skipped) through the videos. They were worth watching.

June 6, 2012 3:08:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Now in HD!!

June 6, 2012 11:48:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Your play-through videos here are genuinely interesting.  More importantly, they are educational!  Thanks for sharing !

On a side note, I enjoy designing cavalry units, myself -- warg cavalry and horse cavalry, light and heavy variants, etc.  For example, I try to craft a kind of heavy cavalry as early as I can, (sometimes with the option selected that allows the unit to upgrade, as better technologies are unlocked).  By adding 2-4 decent cavalry units, to a couple of mounted champions, I can form a "fast army" which is great for patrolling interior lines, out-flanking units of other kingdoms and empires, and expediting all-out wars.  Such an army is suitably expensive; but it really adds a nice flavor to the game.  So even though I often don't have more than one such "fast stack" in a game, I sure enjoy employing them.  They can end up looking pretty cool too ...

Again, thanks for this "Lets Play Beta 3" thread ... 

June 7, 2012 2:21:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice to know people are watching. I will try to make a few more videos tomorrow. Right now I am working on a rather long quest. It is still in its early development stages, but to give you a hint... Labyrinth!

As to the fast stack, I considered that strategy as well, but I am primarily relying on Iron Golems for my front line. I may use some heavy cavalry once my empire expands or I am in a prolonged war, but as of now, I can afford to go slow. I plan on getting Tireless March soon to speed things up a bit. Such a great spell. It kind of defines the midgame. Almost as much as Blacksmith. 

I am still working on getting a better recorder. I am looking at bandicam and fraps right now. Either one should allow for some high quality videos without such a choppy frame rate. That part of my craft is still rather crude, as is my narration skill. They will get better over time.

Do you guys generally prefer more informative narration or a style that takes on the character I am playing? Both are going on in my head, but I generally only voice the technical aspects of what I am doing.

June 7, 2012 5:54:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What I get  the most  from your videos is the way that the game is meant to be played. Like I understand mechanics that I could not use before  because of lack of documentation or noobish behavior from my side.

It is true that If you can add some role playing elements in there I think that the videos will be more entertaining than HBO Game of Thrown's.

June 7, 2012 9:10:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting anikolian,
What I get  the most  from your videos is the way that the game is meant to be played. Like I understand mechanics that I could not use before  because of lack of documentation or noobish behavior from my side.

It is true that If you can add some role playing elements in there I think that the videos will be more entertaining than HBO Game of Thrown's.

Videos are good but no way will they hold a candle to Game of Throwns.

June 8, 2012 8:40:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Jaosoze, 

I don't play Empire much. Maybe the next video should focus on them.

June 9, 2012 4:03:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Altar mayhaps? I just started testing them myself. I watch your and Das123`s videos while I work (meaing that I listen/watch/have in background)

Edit: Changed Tarth to Altar. Dont know why I wrote Tarth....

June 9, 2012 5:38:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seanw3

I want the music list of your classical music . It makes a perfect relax atmosphere for fallen enchantress 

Do you have the titles? thx

June 9, 2012 6:12:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tried to design henchmen, but could not build them afterwards. I know I have seen this reported elsewhere. Takes away much of the joy with Altar. We really need a bugfix patch.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: