Jon Shafer's new game

By on May 27, 2012 2:18:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

NorsemanViking

Join Date 03/2006
+18

What title for Stardock do you people think he is working on? Is it obvious it's GalCiv3, I really hope so, or can it be another title? I'm sure it's turn based strategy at least, perhaps a Stardock Civilization clone, that would have been amazing! Feel free to speculate lads and ladettes!

Locked Post 28 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 27, 2012 3:01:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sources suggest Lightweight Ninja 2.

May 27, 2012 3:55:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its a game where you hand write apology letters and refunds to the many customers you burned. Seriously wait at least long enough to see if he sticks around or bails after release. 

May 27, 2012 5:48:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I thought he was working on the Fallen Enchantress. Is there any confirmed info he is working on something new?

May 30, 2012 11:49:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I know what he's doing.

- Jon

May 30, 2012 12:01:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm guessing it's GalCiv 3.  That's the easy guess.  There was talk of making an elemental Baldur's Gate-like RPG, but I would think that Jon's expertise would be in 4X, so I would think it would be a 4X game and not an RPG.  Also, it's been the allotted 5 years time that Frogly said would be the time between GalCiv games.  Would they create a new IP?  I don't think so.  So, I am thinking that GalCiv 3 is the most likely answer.  

May 30, 2012 12:06:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Jon Shafer working on the MASTER OF ORION IV  

May 30, 2012 12:32:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Jon is working on a GalCiv clone with zombies and vampires for the iPad.

May 30, 2012 1:30:46 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It's called Jon Shafer's Game of Mystery and Suspense.

May 30, 2012 1:36:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting MarvinKosh,
It's called Jon Shafer's Game of Mystery and Suspense.

Indeed this thread here is the game! Aren't we having fun!

May 30, 2012 2:20:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Azzazell,

I WISH ! ... please, please, please ...     

Unfortunately, based upon the strange new Discussion thread that Mr. Wardell started on May 29, I am getting the feeling that Mr. Shafer's new game may end up being entitled:

The Lights Go Out ( what happens if the Grid goes down ) ...                       

May 30, 2012 3:19:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Master of Orion IV - that would be the one comeback that could trumph World of Magic -> Fallen Enchantress.

May 30, 2012 3:22:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Ashbery76,

Sources suggest Lightweight Ninja 2.
DO NOT TEASE ME!!!  

May 30, 2012 3:23:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't know what you people are talking about.  For there to be a MoO4, there would first have to be a MoO3.  And such a thing does not exist (in the world in which I choose to live).

May 30, 2012 4:18:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jon Shafer,
I know what he's doing.

- Jon

Troll. 

May 30, 2012 5:00:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If its an MMO, I am gonna shed a tear and move on...

May 30, 2012 5:05:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sprites are awesome, I spent hours making my own god-awful sprites for Dom3 and loved every moment of it.  It's strange how much we have lost by increasing technology.  3D graphics and voice acting haven't had a 100% positive effect on game quality, IMHO. 

May 30, 2012 5:06:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
Sprites are awesome, I spent hours making my own god-awful sprites for Dom3 and loved every moment of it.  It's strange how much we have lost by increasing technology.  3D graphics and voice acting haven't had a 100% positive effect on game quality, IMHO. 

Think you messed up what thread you replying to...

May 30, 2012 5:19:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I totally did...damn it!

June 1, 2012 8:50:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

According to a recent dev blog Jon is working on the latest GalCiv. So far the only confirmed info is that the sequel will be in the new revolutionary massively multiplayer online first person turn based roleplaying shooter strategy genre. It will use a combination of Games for Windows Live, Origin, and Steamworks along with the usual TAGES drm to keep your purchase secure.

June 1, 2012 9:27:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ratatosk7,
According to a recent dev blog Jon is working on the latest GalCiv. So far the only confirmed info is that the sequel will be in the new revolutionary massively multiplayer online first person turn based roleplaying shooter strategy genre. It will use a combination of Games for Windows Live, Origin, and Steamworks along with the usual TAGES drm to keep your purchase secure.

Hope that you get your choice of the princess you want to rescue.  Those who get taken meekly tends to wait around for you to do the dishes while watching whatever soap is on the magic mirror.

June 7, 2012 5:02:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Remember multiplayer Jon. I have always dreamt about playing GalCiv in MP. Would make it being played by me as much as I play Civ5 and Europa Universalis3 (and that's alot, perhaps too much.....).

June 7, 2012 9:49:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Brad said they are going to make other games using the Elemental engine... including an RPG. I am voting on that. I doubt anyone wants to work on 4x games for their whole life.

June 16, 2012 2:41:51 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Azzazell,

*shudder*

I hope what you actually meant Master of Orion: Battle at Antares II .... let's just pretend the whole Moo3 fluff does not exist.

June 16, 2012 7:23:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting UmbralAngel,
Brad said they are going to make other games using the Elemental engine... including an RPG. I am voting on that. I doubt anyone wants to work on 4x games for their whole life.

Looking at Jon's design post that mentioned the new game- it sounds like it's a strat game not an RPG- which is what I assumed Jon was working on.

It could be Society or another new IP , but I suspect it's GC3.  It's also around the 5 year mark Brad said he would wait before putting out a new GalCiv after Twilight.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: