Fallen Enchantress 0.914 changelog

By on May 8, 2012 10:51:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

Released 5/10/2012

Features:

+ The Pit of Lost Voices is now open to exploration, good luck.

+ Resoln gets Bound Widows, Bound Harridans and Bound Hoarder Spiders as trainable units (they require mana)

+ Added the Ghost Shield (inspired by Heavenfall's very cool Storm World mod http://forums.elementalgame.com/421802)

+ Added Gladiator Armor (inspired by Heavenfall's very cool Storm World mod http://forums.elementalgame.com/421802)

Bugs:

+ Fixed an issue that was keeping the battle resolution window from showing the true xp (they weren't adjusted for modifiers)

+ Killing guardians now correctly clears the wildland

+ Fixed an issue with battling Abeix

+ Fixed an animation issue with mounted units using ranged weapons

+ Fixed an issue keeping cloth map stands from showing up in game within a game

+ Fixed an issue where spells that applied effects to the terrain (firestorm) would permanently leave some very odd effects

+ Fixed an issue where life/death shrines can dissapear for a turn when they are converted

+ Fixed an issue keeping chain boots form showing up on large fallen units

+ Fixed the Festival improvement

+ Fixed the Scholar's Guild improvement

+ Fixed an issue with the Run Wild quest

+ Altar Baron's no long have Amarian blood (and vise versa)

+ The Obsession spell won't show up in combat anymore

+ Cull the Weak now kills the unit (even if he went through the damage/healed process which could throw off damage calcs)

+ Fixed bug where the HP bar would update before the unit actually hit

+ Various multithreaded crash fixes implemented

Balance:

+ Pioneers are only trainable in groups of 3 (to keep players from spending additional labor on them)

+ When a city is conquered, improvements that the new owner can't ever build are destroyed (e.g. Black Market for kingdom factions) 

+ If a wild improvement flips ownership to a player that can't build that improvement, it is destroyed instead

+ Added a dodge bonus to the Fending Blade

+ Quendar +25% Fire Resistance changed to +50% Fire Resistance and -50% Cold Resistance

+ Cull the Weak gives 20 hp and mana instead of 40

+ Broken Spirit switched to -25% hp and accuracy instead of -50% hp and accuracy

+ Double Strike is now an assassin ability and the attacks are at -30 accuracy instead of -10

+ Crushing Blow no longer has an accuracy penalty, instead it causes the unit using it to lose their next attack (fixed an issue causing it to only give +50% damage when it should have been doing +100% damage)

+ Stun is now a Defender ability

+ Training Yard gives +15 to Accuracy of units trained in that city instead of +5

Cosmetic:

+ New Mana toltip

+ New Gildar tooltip

+ Clicking an object in the empire tree always centers on that object

+ Resources fade out when units are standing in their tile

+ Mousing over a spell in the init queue shows the tooltip for that spell

+ Combat abilities are displayed in the unit tooltips in tactical combat

+ Added a new trade proposal screen, which pops up when the AI offers to go into a specific treaty with the local player

AI:

+ Monsters slowly get tougher over time

+ Fixed bug where early built cities near monsters wouldn't get attacked by them later

+ Fixed bug where monster guardians were treated as regular monsters

+ AI: Novice is easier

+ AI: Harder is harder

+ AI: AI Heroes are better at self preservation

+ AI: Fixed bug where the AI would choose to build a unit but would not build it because it would insist at training a quantity beyond the resources it had available

+ AI: Rebalanced the diplomatic relations based on the current game pacing

+ AI: Pioneers slightly better about looking around to find the best spot for new city

+ AI values tribute payments more for relations

+ AI: Challenging difficulty uses more CPU intensive algorithms for more challenge

+ AI: Hard difficulty gives the AI a 10% economic bonus

+ AI: Ridiculous level reduces the economic bonus from 100% to 25%

+ AI: Is more aggressive about uncovering FOW

+ AI: Ridiculous level no longer has fog of war

+ AI: More intelligent about choosing the next tech

+ AI: General improvements to intelligence

+ AI: Monsters generally better at lower levels

Locked Post 102 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 8, 2012 10:53:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heavenfall, looks like you inspired the devs!

Derek, are you close to fixing the bug when you don't get any loot when a monster attacks you and you defeat them?

May 8, 2012 10:53:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I hope they're paying you overtime!

May 8, 2012 11:01:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ Killing guardians now correctly clears the wildland

Excellent.

May 8, 2012 11:25:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LightofAbraxas,
I hope they're paying you overtime!

I don't know about that, but we all snuck out Friday and saw the Avengers together.  Stardock is amazing.  

May 8, 2012 11:38:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,
I don't know about that, but we all snuck out Friday and saw the Avengers together. Stardock is amazing.

And according to Frogboy, Stardock is hiring. I wish I was 30 years younger and a game developer, I'd apply.

May 8, 2012 11:40:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Gratz to Heavenfall on the shoutout!

May 9, 2012 12:01:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Do those units require mana to train (which is neat) or as a form of wage upkeep (ewe) ?

also - can we get the ai to stop sacrificing the champions to pay for those effects that are meant to have slave units sacrificed for them ? It only results in a really weak hero unit for the ai.

May 9, 2012 2:09:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Congrats HF! I hope the boys and girls at SD consider using more of your ideas.

May 9, 2012 2:19:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yippee, skippee ! -- Only Wednesday am (just after Mid-night) -- not even Magic Thursday  -- and already we get another Changelog (for v0.914). 

As someone else has occasionally said (I think it was Joasoze):  Love those Changelogs !

And besides: In addition to New Features, Bug-fixes, and Balance issues, we get some new Tooltips !

Kidding aside, I sure am impressed with how you keep rolling out the changes and improvements, fast and furious.  Great Effort !!

May 9, 2012 2:41:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OrionM42,

As someone else has occasionally said (I think it was Joasoze):  Love those Changelogs !

Spot on

If only I was as good in documenting the stuff I do a work  

May 9, 2012 2:43:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When are random events scheduled to be put in?

May 9, 2012 2:52:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting leeboy26,

I know that several folks have not seen any "Random Events" in games they have played thus far.  But I also know that there  ARE  at least some, already, in v0.913.  I had one: some sort of Kingdom Festival, that had the effect of speeding up all the existing unit builds, in all my settlements, such that they were all finished in the same turn as the Festival.  (It also claimed to finish all buildings under construction, in the same turn as the Festival, but did not seem to actually accomplish that.)  In any event, it was a genuine "Random Event", and caught me totally by surprise ...

May 9, 2012 3:05:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

May 9, 2012 3:08:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OrionM42,

Quoting leeboy26,
reply 11

I know that several folks have not seen any "Random Events" in games they have played thus far.  But I also know that there  ARE  at least some, already, in v0.913.  I had one: some sort of Kingdom Festival, that had the effect of speeding up all the existing unit builds, in all my settlements, such that they were all finished in the same turn as the Festival.  (It also claimed to finish all buildings under construction, in the same turn as the Festival, but did not seem to actually accomplish that.)  In any event, it was a genuine "Random Event", and caught me totally by surprise ...

Yeah I've heard of that one and the one that increases the level of monsters. I assumed they existed but weren't implemented fully. At least, I hope they aren't...

May 9, 2012 3:21:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

any chance that we see monsters treat all factions (player and NPC) equally? That and the rampaging Umberdroth early on really killed the game for me.

(Played Warlock for way too long last night and am now paying the price for the doing "just one more turn"...)

May 9, 2012 5:29:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Markus Aurelius,
any chance that we see monsters treat all factions (player and NPC) equally? That and the rampaging Umberdroth early on really killed the game for me.

I'd like to see this soon too.  That and AI ignoring borders is detracting from my enjoyment of the beta.  Also how well can one assess the AI if it succeeds by obviating game mechanics and ignoring rules?

May 9, 2012 7:17:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is this version downloadable yet? Not seeing it listed myself...

May 9, 2012 7:26:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting dolphan13,
Is this version downloadable yet? Not seeing it listed myself...

Thursday nights are typical for release. Its not out yet.

May 9, 2012 7:40:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Markus Aurelius,

(Played Warlock for way too long last night and am now paying the price for the doing "just one more turn"...)

+1  No more the cheating, make AI clever and not friend of beasties.

May 9, 2012 8:56:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yay for changelists! Curious about new ai-stuff Brad comes up with.

May 9, 2012 9:16:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is there any chance you guys can take a look at faction prestige before this patch gets the go ahead? The recent changes to leveling has left a pretty drastic drop in faction prestige (due to much lower sovereign level). This, in turn, is making empire growth much slower overall, and it is having a very detrimental effect particularly on AIs who tend to over stretch themselves during the landgrab phase. I have more detailed info on the topic here: http://forums.elementalgame.com/424125

May 9, 2012 9:42:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No playing for me ...

I made a mental resolution i am not playing this game anymore till they fix health bars and damage information to be shown properly ... 

May 9, 2012 9:53:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Please Derek add the rivers from Havenfall's Rivermod too!   

They are incredible and give a great flavor to the game!

Thanks! 

May 9, 2012 10:00:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ Resoln gets Bound Widows, Bound Harridans and Bound Hoarder Spiders as trainable units (they require mana)

Nice... more faction differentation.

May 9, 2012 10:10:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think Resoln's Wraith blood also needs a bit of work... the -1 HP per level is a pretty nasty penalty rather than a bonus, +1 HP on a kill doesn't help much when they're losing 5-7 HP per level on a stack and they die before they can kill anything. Right now, troops is mainly there to soak up damage, and theirs is failing at it. If the HP reduction stays, then they need some form of limited vampirism, that absorb part of the damage they do.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time: