Discount on Fallen Enchantress?

How to?

By on May 3, 2012 1:17:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DeadlyVortex

Join Date 04/2012

Ok, first, this isn't my account that i own the game on, but for the life of me, i can't figure out what my password is for the Impulse account that i have Enchanted on.*   I would love to change my password, but first i have to change my e-mail, since I can't access the old one, and i can't change my e-mail without my password.  Fun stuff.  My account is 'MageVortex'

Anyhow, onto my question.

I purchased the Elemental game.  I read many many reviews talking about how bad it was, broken, etc etc.  I didn't bother installing it immediately. I got married that year, and had slightly more pressing concerns for a good bit, and there were other games that I own/owned that got great reviews and i highly enjoyed. On top of which i heard that those that got it will get free version of FE a while later.  Now, I did NOT know that it has to be registered at some 'much earlier than now' point.  This is actually the main reason i bothered to install it at all just recently! However, when i try to get my discounted price....I don't think I am.  Unless $40 is heavily discounted...?

So, discounting (ha!) that $40 is likely not the lowered rate people who purchase(d) Elemental get, how does one go about getting said discount?  And did i screw myself by not installing the game earlier?  

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 3, 2012 1:57:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am not to sure about this but I think it goes by the time you bought it and not when you installed it.

If you bought it 2010 you get Enchantress free, 2011 you get a 20% discount.

All this should be on your Stardock or Impulse account.

May 3, 2012 3:49:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You had to have registered the game by the end of the year when the game came out to get the free copy. But, I think you can still get $10 (20%???) off... all you have to do is remember your password or gain access to your email again.

You should contact stardock support instead of posting in the forums.

May 3, 2012 7:04:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have contacted them actually, and i think i'm at step two of 5 to get it straightened out

I actually thought the discount would be a bit higher than that, but i suppose it isn't too disconcerting.  jsut wish i'd registered earlier

Humorously enough, Elemental has already crashed twice on me in teh last day. Kinda ironic.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000171   Page Render Time: