Please bring back marriage and children

By on April 22, 2012 12:09:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

telgar

Join Date 12/2010
+1

I think the most unique feature that the original Elemental had was the ability to marry one of your hero's of the opposite sex to your Sovereign and then have children with them. Please bring it back

Locked Post 55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 23, 2013 4:46:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

but what do you do about the monster that want to take on a mite as his mate?

Just kidding.  I really enjoyed the dynasty part of the game.  It would be a welcome return.  Not that you care a ton about your family, but "feeling" for someone other than yourself is a nice aspect.  Heros dont bring that aspect.  They are tools.

April 23, 2013 4:56:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm guessing this will return with the next expansion. Hell, I'll put money on it

And it's an expansion I will certainly buy!

January 11, 2014 12:08:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So will this going to get re-implement back into the game by future patch?

January 12, 2014 6:39:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I miss the dynasties.  I hope they make a comeback.  Maybe in some future iteration with a more epic span of time for which one generation is not adequate.  Maybe even have it to break from the cliche tradition of you, personified as the sovereign, not having fantasy-immortality; with a dynasty, your sovereign could and would eventually die from old age, if nothing else, but if you had married your sovereign and produced offspring, the game wouldn't end and your offspring successor would become your new sovereign.

January 12, 2014 2:36:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Birthing children in EWOM(reborn) and/or EH + . Balancing it for the game could be accomplished by linking children to 'titles' that entail specific responsibilities, authority, etc. Children/babies that don't have a working title can't act in the game. (They just wait their turn to ascend ..) I'm still thinking along the lines that Kingdom/empires need a better governing scheme. The capitol would really be the sovereign's court. And much of the ruling of other settlements needs to be based on hereditary concerns, like in most feudal societies (whether 'middle ages' or modern corporatist oligarchies). Each settlement, as it grows, becomes a Dukedom, etc. And some family lines have 'rights' to govern it. Such an arrangement would enhance the diplomacy aspects of the game significantly. How loyal is a 'line/family' to the sovereign? When marrying a child off to another kingdom/empire - a hereditary link/tie is created, with the possibility of claims being made. Marry off a child from one line to another kingdom, and relations are improved. Should things, later, sour, that kingdom can now use their 'claim' to justify attempting to get control of (that part, province of) on the kingdom. Having ties creates some legitimacy to taking possession, by war, covert means, or whatever of that area. Having a claim decreases rebelliousness (for them), etc. and may prompt other neighbors to take sides in a battle. Also, should an heir grow to adulthood, and not have a working title, they might be open to covert support from outside to get control of 'their rightful inheritance.' Additionally, some kids might be given to another court as hostages to insure continued friendly relations. This was a very common practice in RL.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: