v.90 Suggestions

By on April 19, 2012 8:16:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hawawaa

Join Date 09/2006
+30

I will be adding more ideas as things come up.

Locked Post 18 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 19, 2012 8:22:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent points, all.

April 19, 2012 8:41:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh well, still those level up city, I rather had single city and build everything, but I guess more reason spam city rather than single city.

April 19, 2012 8:41:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

/seconded and /signed.  

Nice ones!

April 19, 2012 8:43:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

MOAR!

Ok the auto select next unit is going a little bonkers. So lets say my sov's party is about to fight someone, just as I click to attack the camera pans off to my next unit to move (SLOW DOWN THERE BILLY) let me fight them and if I survive and have no moves left then move on the next guy... JEZZ!

April 19, 2012 9:33:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bump

THATS "HEALTH" BAR DERP! Spelling and grammer, who needs it... I DO!

April 19, 2012 9:46:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm afraid I don't have fancy pictures like Hawawaa, but as a very minor suggestion, it would be nice if the game created an autosave (that didn't get overwritten) right at the beginning (turn 0?) of a new game.

This came up mostly because my game crashed on turn 1 and I liked the starting position, but also comes in handy for sharing cool games with people.

April 19, 2012 10:55:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I understand (don't necessarily agree with, but understand) why weapons, etc., are suddenly only worth 10% of their value rather than 50% of their value. But why bother to say that wolf pelts, etc., are worth a certain value when all you can get is 10% of that?

April 19, 2012 11:12:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

bfwebster- Ya I agree on that. They need to retain their values a bit better.

April 19, 2012 11:27:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The 10% value is good. Just make them cost more if we need more Gildar from them.

April 19, 2012 11:49:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As I stated in another thread, after some 90 minutes of play, and perhaps 50 turns into a game, I am liking what I am seeing, very much !     (Also, I don't consider the game to be particularly buggy up to this point.)

I have just one minor suggestion, so far.  To unlock Level 5 heros, the game suggests that you have to research: "Recruiting".  However, on the Technology tree, the actual Tech is identified as: "Heros".  (It took me a while to find that.)  There is plenty of space in the Tech tree for a longer title, and I suggest the Tech actually be entitled: "Recruiting Heros".

April 19, 2012 11:59:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,
The 10% value is good. Just make them cost more if we need more Gildar from them.

My point is, you can't buy (or use) wolf pelts, spider silk, demon horns, etc., so there's never a point where the 'full value' actually means anything. If a demon horn can only be sold for 16 gildar -- and never can be bought for 160 gildar or somehow exchanged for something else worth 160 gildar -- then it's misleading to ever claim that its value is 160 gildar. Its value is 16 gildar, period.

I assumed this worked the same way (at 50%) in 0.86; I just didn't pay attention to it because it was frankly so much more profitable to find and sell weapons. But the 90% discount makes the discrepancy rather jarring when you're told that a dragon horn is worth 160 gildar, but it never, ever is. ..bruce..

April 20, 2012 12:06:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Only one crash so far all is good.

Brad- When I finish a game where do I look for my game to send you a file on how I won? Does the game make it or do I just make a save at the last minute and send you it?

My only beef so far is when I final meet everyone else Kraxis just declared war on me in 1-2 turns just after meeting one of their units and I have no idea where they are on map... Well at least we have all summer to fix diplomacy.

April 20, 2012 12:20:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Webster, maybe a little microeconomics study would help you understand? All items have a price that it will be sold at and a price it will be purchased at. All other items use the exact same system. It would make no sense to have some items only have a selling value, as most people would assume that is the purchase price. For future updates when we see alchemy using these items to make potions and the Apothecary improvement selling these items, it will be even more important. Can't think of a valid reason to change it.

April 20, 2012 1:07:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

April 20, 2012 3:05:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My short list:

1. Show units which have moves left in the left-hand UI panel.
  2. Make monsters actually guard their loot. You can still steal from them easily by luring them away. It is just not fun this way.
  3. Loot is too random. You can get killer items from unguarded loot, and then get something lame from heavily guarded loot. This destroys the feeling of achievement, especially combined with item 2. I hope this is just a balance issue, but still this annoys me... Why bother building up and attacking that Death Daemon when you can get better items without fighting?

Otherwise the game feels a lot better.

April 20, 2012 3:13:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Horemheb,
Make monsters actually guard their loot. You can still steal from them easily by luring them away. It is just not fun this way.

I still like the idea, which I've seen thrown around a bit, of having a 'resident' group which guards the lair.  Any groups on the Strategic Map are wandering monsters which are spawned by the lair.

April 20, 2012 7:33:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I guess I would like the idea of resident guardians + wandering spawns, too. Although all wandering monsters do not need to be from spawns. Some monsters could be carrying their loot with them and minding their own business otherwise. Some could be like now, except if you steal their loot they will relentlessly try to follow & kill you to get their precious items back. For example elementals or demons could be like this.

But the main point is: you should not get powerful items early game by cheating monsters you have no hope to fight against. It is not fun, and breaks the balance. I hope (and believe) this is just something the devs have not had time to fix yet.

April 20, 2012 8:15:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome suggestions!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time: