Beta Tomorrow?

By on April 18, 2012 12:41:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

seanw3

Join Date 12/2007
+141

Seems like there is usually some kind of hype about a new release. Will it be tomorrow or is it going to be next week?

Locked Post 63 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 19, 2012 12:25:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
@Prawl31: if you aren't already in the beta (i.e. didn't buy WoM in 2010), then I believe you can get access by pre-ordering the game.
April 19, 2012 12:29:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
I sure hope the new beta comes out tomorrow. I feel as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve! Come on Stardock, end the suspense and put us out of our misery. Just give it to us straight: is it gonna happen, or not?
April 19, 2012 1:00:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey, Prawl31 ...

You can can get into the Elemental: Fallen Enchantress (FE) Beta, at any time, just by purchasing a copy of the Pre-Final version, from the Stardock Store site, which is linked to this site.

I speak from experience; because I am one of those people who never purchased Elemental: War of Magic.  However, back on January 25 I took the plunge and "pre-ordered" FE from the Stardock Store.  I have been having fun ever since!  And as bonus, I can now think of myself as a "Beta Tester" too.  The thing is:

FE is a fun game already; it is getting steadily better; and I am confident it eventually will be Great !

IMHO, if you are at all interested, you should join our happy, growing community of "Beta Testers" too.

April 19, 2012 7:27:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If this game was like WOM, I wouldn't be caring whether the beta came out tomorrow or not. 

Right now, I'd say, worst-case scenario, this game ends up being "good", so it's worth getting.  There's a very good chance this game ends up "great", with some chance of ending up a classic.

April 19, 2012 9:02:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Alstein. Pretty much a spot on summary there. Its already a game that is fun to play, and there is much more in store.

April 19, 2012 9:46:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So the question now is: since Thursday has arrived, will there be a beta today, or tomorrow?

April 19, 2012 10:34:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Glazunov1,
So the question now is: since Thursday has arrived, will there be a beta today, or tomorrow?

...or another delay until next week. But i hope not.

April 19, 2012 10:56:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

...no news from SD  ...next week or 2

April 19, 2012 11:30:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In meantime, I had fun playing Majesty 2, though it's can be hard in later mission, I had to find out how to beat mission from internet like youtube, walkthough faq, and forum but doing well and beat it with help, and Majesty 2 funny, I try to play Majesty 1 but some reason it turn me off, I don't know it's because 3-d and I can't stand of looking of art, I though caslte look good but other building is so ugly.

I try playing Legend of Grimrock but never done all level, it's more work, work to find and solve, no fun for me, I feel I wasted money on that game, same for some game lately and feel I'm fool, fool again shame on me spend on money on game but it's not fun way thing for me, so I keep looking other game, but endless failed me most.

April 19, 2012 11:49:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated: we got beta 3 and on the sots 2 front its feature complete soon ie next week or just after that (no hotfix I just asked).

April 19, 2012 12:19:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hawawaa,
If no beta today... well I get a Sots 2 hotfix today and next week Sots 2 is feature complete so it aint all that bad I guess.

So is that game playable now?  How is it in its current state? I was interested in it until the disaster of a launch sacred me away.

April 19, 2012 12:42:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting relmich,

Quoting Hawawaa, reply 35If no beta today... well I get a Sots 2 hotfix today and next week Sots 2 is feature complete so it aint all that bad I guess.

So is that game playable now?  How is it in its current state? I was interested in it until the disaster of a launch sacred me away.

FE is very playable, though it crashes intermittently on my system.  Remember, this is only a beta.  It is not a finished game.  That said, I find it less bland and more enjoyable than WoM, though there's still work (in my opinion) to be done.

April 19, 2012 1:32:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

read this thread for news on the beta.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/420317

April 19, 2012 1:35:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

He's talking about SotS 2, not FE.

No, SotS 2 isn't playable. It's still a mess, with terrible AI, an engine with poor performance (especially when considering what is displayed Oo. The graphics are cute but far from SOTA), it's terribly unbalanced, the interface is clunky, and in general some aspects of the core design are quite questionnable  (combat isn't as tactical as in SotS 1, missions are a terrible idea, station management is a hassle). And on top of that, Mecron is a real jerk and treats everyone who dares post criticism (even when it *is* legitimate and constructive) like shit, which doesn't help when people post negative feedback such as "lasers are quite overpowered" or "system defenses aren't really useful as of yet".

Compard to FE and Stardock, it's another approach, and certainly not a better one.

April 19, 2012 1:36:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Why would we read an old thread from last month?

April 19, 2012 1:39:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting FrostyThundertrod,
read this thread for news on the beta.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/420317

A month old post has no relevance on the current status.

April 19, 2012 1:55:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Werewindlefr,

You're right.  I stand corrected.

April 19, 2012 2:00:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah another week I guess? I don't mind the focus on quality this time though

April 19, 2012 2:20:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Werewindlefr,

No, SotS 2 isn't playable. It's still a mess, with terrible AI, an engine with poor performance (especially when considering what is displayed Oo. The graphics are cute but far from SOTA), it's terribly unbalanced, the interface is clunky, and in general some aspects of the core design are quite questionnable  (combat isn't as tactical as in SotS 1, missions are a terrible idea, station management is a hassle). And on top of that, Mecron is a real jerk and treats everyone who dares post criticism (even when it *is* legitimate and constructive) like shit, which doesn't help when people post negative feedback such as "lasers are quite overpowered" or "system defenses aren't really useful as of yet".

Compard to FE and Stardock, it's another approach, and certainly not a better one.

Yes, I was asking about SotS 2.  That is a bit surprising given how solid the first game was.  Their post launch support sounds laughable, especially  considering how Stardock is handling the flawed launch of E:WoM

April 19, 2012 3:23:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We can has new beta now ?  

(The silence is killing me,  if no let us know already..  )

April 19, 2012 3:41:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ratatosk7,
Ah another week I guess?

What evidence leads you to think so?  Brad stated last week that they didn't want to rush the patch to get it to us, then, and would have it to us this week.  The rest of Thursday and Friday remain.

April 19, 2012 3:42:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

they are busy preparing it, I am sure. You'll see.

April 19, 2012 3:51:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There is no spoon..

April 19, 2012 3:54:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie!

The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie!

April 19, 2012 3:59:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The greatest trick the frog ever pulled, was convincing the world that the update didnt exist.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000766   Page Render Time: