We owe our fans everything

Why FE is being given to early WOM adopters

By on March 31, 2012 5:07:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1484

Strategy Informer has an article regarding why Stardock is giving Fallen Enchantress away for free to early War of Magic adopters.

Read the whole thing here:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17332/stardock-giving-away-new-game-for-free---we-feel-we-owe-our-audience

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 31, 2012 7:01:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ponies too!?

March 31, 2012 8:41:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Brad,

I have bought most of the games you have made since 2005.  Your rep for improving games over time (GC2....) is pretty well established for this paying customer.  I get that you guys were smacked around because WOM did not meet hopes/expectations and had too many problems.  FE is on the right track to realizing most of what I personally had imagined for WOM.   Other than the scale of battles, I can see this turning into pretty much what someone who really likes GC2 and Total War genre would hope for in a turn-based fantasy epic...

So thanks!

March 31, 2012 8:54:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I notice no one has commented on that article. I was going to, but I am on the edge of fanboy status as is. I don't want to be the first one.

March 31, 2012 11:25:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I didn't want to subscribe to the site...

April 1, 2012 5:15:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Personally I found the original reasonably playable, and look forward to the finished FE and hopefully a number of campaigns! How can anyone be unhappy with a commercially oriented firm who are still willing to accept they are less than perfect and provide a free game which even in its present state has provided me with hours of pleasure, even if at the moment it seems impossible to complete a large campaign without running into terminal mem problems--but after all this is still a beta test.

April 1, 2012 2:29:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When I log in to check my upgrade price, only the full price is listed. I was a preorderer of WOM. I think I even played an alpha they released to us, or at least the very earliest betas.

April 1, 2012 2:53:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I posted a few lines. 

April 1, 2012 5:19:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting tour86rocker,
When I log in to check my upgrade price, only the full price is listed. I was a preorderer of WOM. I think I even played an alpha they released to us, or at least the very earliest betas.

Did you make a new account since then? Your user profile seems to say you are new to the game.

April 3, 2012 9:31:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How do you go about finding the date you purchased the game out of curiousity? Stardock lists the codes but has no information about when you registered it that I can locate.

April 4, 2012 1:07:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I essentially bought War of Magic as soon as it came out and at full price (don't remember what that was). I enjoyed the game mostly however never truly got into it. Thanks for offering your next game complimentary. Checked my Stardock account and it appears as if I will have access to it when it arrives at no charge! Yay!

April 8, 2012 10:27:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frankly when E: WoM first came out it was playable. It was some of the patches that seemed to ruin the balance. the latest 1.4 version has restored some of the balance but not all. So far the 0.86 version of E: FE has been enjoyable. If the current improvements are any indication I will probably be gifting FE to some of my friends and family.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000546   Page Render Time: