[.78][bug?] quests into special green-border lands

By on February 28, 2012 1:57:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LordCobol

Join Date 08/2008
+12

A few issues

1:  In my current campaign, several turns ago I had two of those quest open (Abeix and the city that gives the spell that give tons of hit points) plus one other quest.  Now both the green-border quests are gone and I only have the other one.  But the quests are NOT completed.  The green borders still remain on both territories.   I haven't even gone into Abeix's land, but the control-U emergency cheat (special just to verify before posting this -- I swear shows him still alive.  So why aren't the quests on my list??

2:  I haven't actually gotten rid of a green border yet in beta-2.  Is there a bug?  In my prior .86 campaign I killed off Abeix and all his friends, but the green border still stayed and my pioneers couldn't build outposts.  I searched everywhere and finally resorted to control-u to inspect the whole area both cloth-map and detail.  There were no bad guys left, so why wouldn't the quest complete.  Is it bugged or is there some special requirement new in beta-2 ??

3:  (back to current campaign) It looks to me like I have fulfilled the requirements for the hit-point quest.  I have killed off everyone (verified by control-u), explored the dead city and received the Blood Curse hit-point spell.  Haven't cast it yet, because I don't want to depopulate one of my cities and I don't like the idea of turning myself into some sort of undead.  Do I have to cast it or is it bugged somehow ??

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 28, 2012 8:53:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had to build a city for the Blood Curse quest. After that, the quest completed. 

There is another green area that I can't enter. Its encircled on three sides by mountains and the fourth by a gate that I can't pass. Is the impassible gate a bug or do I need to do something else?

February 28, 2012 9:36:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting squal9162,
Its encircled on three sides by mountains and the fourth by a gate that I can't pass. Is the impassible gate a bug or do I need to do something else?

That might be the quest area that Kael said (in another post) that he had added for 0.86 but wouldn't be unlocked until a future patch.

February 28, 2012 10:42:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting squal9162,
Its encircled on three sides by mountains and the fourth by a gate that I can't pass. Is the impassible gate a bug or do I need to do something else?

I've seen it in both .86 campaigns.  Per Publius, I guess I won't drive myself crazy trying to break in.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: