Can we haz 0.78 plzzzz ?

By on February 1, 2012 7:11:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OneLion

Join Date 06/2010

Enough with funny titles.

When will version 0.78 be released? I hope it is pretty soon as for me it contains (or should contain) the very important fix of the XP distribution among heroes which in my eyes will drastically alter the game as it won't be so easy anymore to get high level heroes. Therefore heroes in my eyes won't be seen as overpowered as they are right now and we could (hopefully) put a stop to all those "heroes are overpowered" threads.

I mean currently when I'm playing I'm running around with my one stack of doom of 7 heroes and this change will drastically decrease their XP gain. Of course I can split them up but even in groups of 4 the XP gain is reduced to 25% and in smaller groups I can't fight as strong enemies. I believe this change is totally important and am personally not playing FE until this change is in so I can check it out and adjust my tactic.

so:

Can we haz 0.78 plzzzzzzzz?

I'd even try a nightly build or something like that... i really want that change. Also I'm sure you fixed another round of important issues and also the change that prevents other factions from dying so early is pretty important to the game experience.

I'd really appreciate it - thanks!

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 1, 2012 7:20:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I strongly support the idea of at least a slipstream build being released, even if a full other version is not.  We really need to be able to test the game without the heroes multiplying experience.

February 1, 2012 10:58:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

February 1, 2012 11:02:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

February 1, 2012 11:25:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh, I wanted to post this:

Now it's redundant. 

February 1, 2012 11:27:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yup, you're late to the party. Don't worry, you'll get there...

February 1, 2012 11:52:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Personally, i can wait for the next patch. But it would be nice to follow a new changelog. I love this "feature".

February 1, 2012 12:31:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We only have a week till the next beta version. I think the next one will have some major changes. It will be worth the wait. 

February 1, 2012 12:41:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You think? Or is this an insider information thing? What constitutes a major change?

February 1, 2012 12:48:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really wish I could find the images from the old UT2003/2004 "Give Us teh Demo" and "I am about to join them" threads.

Those were CLASSIC!!!

February 1, 2012 12:50:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And what makes you think one week to go? Last week after 0.76 they said 2 weeks to go if I remember correctly but then they pushed 0.77 which made me happy. Honestly I think that more releases are better and 2 weeks in my eyes is too long as long as the overhead for releasing isn't too big. Why?

Well They fix, let's say crashes. If the same crash bug stays there for 2 weeks it costs all of us time. Us players the time to restart the game but more importantly the time to potentially multiply report the same damn bug. And the developers have to sort each of those bug reports out and mark them as a duplicate of the same old bug. Faster releases, no such thing. Just sayin.

I'd also to with a new nightly build by Brad as I believe that this XP change dramatically effects the game and its balancing so we could potentially get rid of some of those "Heroes are sooo OP" threads and get a better judgement of leveling speed etc.

February 1, 2012 12:50:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The dev journal said two weeks and major changes to balance. We are also getting some of the actual AI put in. The problem is that all this change requires alot of internal work. 

February 1, 2012 1:11:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am sure that they will balance the game better but even if they do and all those Nerf champion threads disappear we are still left with;

Magic system sucks threads

Tactical combat sucks threads

Tech tree sucks threads

Champions are boring threads

I don't really need a perfectly balanced game if it has so many structural flaws

Obviously the game needs to be balanced but I will be really disapointed if they arn't experimenting with changing game mechanics.

February 1, 2012 2:44:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

While I am eager to get new updates for the game I will say that I am having an absolute blast playing it right now in the games early beta form. granted the game does crash more than it should but that is nothing new when your playing on a map with a dozen hero's, 30 cities and over 100+  units in my army

February 1, 2012 2:47:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Balance in one week is just fixes to the current system. It is my assertion that balance over two weeks means fixing some of the stuff you listed. The structure is what needs to be balanced.

February 1, 2012 2:47:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah I would guess next Thursday (2/9) for the next patch, judging by Froggy's language in an earlier post.  But who knows?

February 1, 2012 3:53:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

seanw3, yes that makes a lot of sense.  Hopefully some really good stuff will be in the next patch!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time: