.76 - hero double path?

By on January 26, 2012 6:12:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

alaknebs

Join Date 08/2010
+5

sort of mentioned it earlier in another thread....

but why allow a hero/sov to pick 2 paths?

one of my heroes picked path of defender (amongst all the other paths @lvl 1) ->guardian I @lvl 2.... then it gets to pick path of the mage @lvl 3?? is that meant to happen? not the 1st time i've seen it either...

savegame (already picked path - tzillka):

http://www.mediafire.com/?2bev9po74fnns4l

---

incidentally... a few turns earlier.. i ended my turn in the obsidian golem's lair, trash it with it standing 1 square away. it did nothing in its turn. allowing me to just walk away... (where as the dragon is still chasing me)

(apparently there's another ob golem just to the SE of current position of that save game. since walked right past it and trashed its place too with it very obligingly walking away from its lair and then do nothing)

after circling around scouting the area and headed back near the 1st golem.. it started to walk towards my party..

---

... it's probably a random thing.. but the 2 empire type heroes around me for to recruit so far are both death magic users? oh well..

Locked Post 5 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2012 6:26:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree it shouldn't be possible.  I may be in the minority though.  Seems Stardock is putting a premium on player flexibility.  But I can't help but think the cost is too great.

In MOM or KOHAN the heroes were so unique.  An individual game could be memorable if you had a hero you really liked.  You'd come back game after game hoping to get them again. 

Here you build them how you want.  You can have several copies of the same champion in a single game.  Or worse, if the game is long enough all of the champions reach a similar state.

Flexible?  Yes   

Interesting?  Not to me

January 26, 2012 7:09:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The current paths are good, but a little too powerful to be getting more than one. I am working on some theory of how to make the current paths only available every five levels. From there you should get to specialize every 5 levels or so in a new path. I will make a proper post to see what people think.

January 26, 2012 7:14:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am fine with it being possible if the Path itself weren't the best perk.  Right now its a no-brainer to take any path perk that shows up. 

January 27, 2012 8:32:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

my sov is now triple pathed. mage, gov, def

January 27, 2012 8:49:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Multi-paths are fine right now, if only because there's simply not enough depth in any of the paths to support a hero at high levels.

If they flesh out each of the paths, I could see making them exclusive.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: