[eWIP] Faction Editor/Randomizer

By on January 25, 2012 11:02:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Murteas

Join Date 08/2003
+44

Not sure how much of a need there is for this with the faction editor in the game itself, but I have updated my faction editor from EWoM to work with Fallen Enchantress.  I use it primarily to generate random factions or to get good color combinations that I use for my real factions.  

Download

Note:  You can add more faction names for the editor to use by editing the faction names.txt file.  The randomizer draws names from that file.   Currently I don't generate random capital or city names, but that could be added if people use this.

Locked Post 16 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 28, 2012 12:30:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Indeed well done. I'd say at least for the time being this would be very useful for those wanting to use a custom faction and who don't know how to edit the xml files to make it happen. Making a custom faction was probably the first thing I did in E:WoM. The whole reason I did the undead was because I wanted to play as a undead race and faction. Again, well done my friend.

January 29, 2012 4:28:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Murteas, 

Would you be willing to make a quest editor in the same fashion? I love the interface and it would save me hours upon hours of quest editing. The most annoying and time consuming aspect is needing to choose the tiles, icons, medallions, frames, and units to encounters. Having a browse function for this would just be fantastic. The other part would be needing to have a way to add a quest objective to the current quest, allowing for an infinite number of objectives to stem from each one. 

If you are able to and interested, I would be really grateful. I can teach you anything you need to know about quests so you exactly how to set it up. 

Let me know,

Sean

January 30, 2012 1:24:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sean, sure let me know what you want me to look at.

January 30, 2012 1:54:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Murteas,
Would you be willing to make a quest editor in the same fashion?

The community would owe you big time if you made this. The devs have said they are not going to produce one themselves. Allowing non-modders to produce quests would supercharge the FE community. Seems kinda complicated though, I hope you're up to it.

March 23, 2012 1:44:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated this to have a few abilities I was missing from FE.  Added a tooltip to the abilities so you can see their description.

March 23, 2012 2:15:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Murteas,

Nice job. The developers should create a tools folder on the Master disc and release your faction and quest editors with the game provided you don't mind

March 23, 2012 2:33:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It appears there is something called an Elemental Editor to be released before the game is finished. It seems it will do all the things modders want. 

March 23, 2012 3:22:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, as sean said we are going to get an Excel spreadsheet with some heavy duty macros that should allow us to make changes to a lot of things, but for now, I use this for all my custom races.   I may make an item creator as well, or a logo creator.  I'm still deciding.

March 23, 2012 4:13:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So you're an Ignys now, or is that some other creature?

March 23, 2012 5:35:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, it's an Ignys.  I was playing with making some new flags/logos for some custom factions and I liked this one in particular.   I'll probably put another picture up of my son once I get his 4 month pictures.   I'm always open to avatar switching, but I probably shouldn't do it too often, it's good to be recognized sometimes.

March 23, 2012 5:53:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

would it be possible to add more bonus/weakeness spots so that we can really make some advantaged or hugely depraved nations?

March 23, 2012 6:04:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Deprived or depraved?  I can see how you might want either or both.

March 23, 2012 6:12:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

aye, my spellin aint tha best sometimes

March 23, 2012 8:12:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sure, I can do that.  I tried to guess what most people would want, but I can add more.   How many do you think you would want?  (5 positive and 3 negative should be the max).  Maybe I'll just change it to the checkboxes like the in game editor.

Do you want it to enforce the 2 point max, or do you just want to be able to go crazy regardless of the imbalance?

March 24, 2012 5:05:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would say there needs to be an option to have every bonus and/or every negative to allow someone the ability to make a faction anyway they see fit in their own 'world' - why have limits in tha sandbox

March 24, 2012 7:11:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fair enough.  I'll probably still have the random faction creator make "balanced" factions though.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000765   Page Render Time: