Wildlands question

By on January 22, 2012 9:27:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StoweMobile

Join Date 11/2004
+5

How to you conquer wildlands area so you can settle there? Can't seem to figure it out. I killed the big baddie and all other units in the area. Is this bugged?

Locked Post 20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 22, 2012 9:54:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I took Delin's lands in the last game. Killed everyone there and visited all the green spots (the green chest icons?). Not sure if that triggered anything but the green border dissapeared and I could build there.

January 23, 2012 12:23:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've killed everything in the earth elemental wildland zone but I can't build anything here. Are some of the zones bugged?

January 23, 2012 12:34:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Might not work for all zones, but at least the ruins of the empire wildland, there was one tile that had a bit of a golden glow (and I believe a statue/ fountain looking thing), and that was the only one which I could settle on, which then unlocked the rest of it to become neutral (unclaimed) land.  So see if there's a special looking tile perhaps?

January 23, 2012 1:14:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StoweMobile,
I've killed everything in the earth elemental wildland zone but I can't build anything here. Are some of the zones bugged?

Pretty sure its all extremely buggy atm, details follow:

I did the same thing last night and I found the battle with the boss to be a little buggy, but extremely easy with berserkers Axe (2 attacks and he was done). A lot of times it seemed completely random where I could move my units and magic was 100% useless as it claimed it could not hit Mr. Lord Wormguy (maybe he has 100% resist magic like certain other NPCs but it would not let me cast anything on him to find out, Lame ). I am not sure if ranged weapons have the same issue as I have not yet bothered to acquire them. When I won the battle I got a mere Darkling's Cloak and no quest dialogue. I destroyed the other npcs and nothing changed. I then noticed I could build a Monument on the Gaohgfolfghofgl(sp) earth mana resource. I did so and the next turn the tile turned invisible but you could still click on it and view it from the cloth map. It claimed it was getting production bonuses from a nearby city and would be done in 26 turns. The next turn it claimed it would take 198 seasons and was no longer receiving production bonuses. Maybe there is simply a quest bug where the game does not realize you killed the boss as my quest dialogue still said to kill it.

I reloaded the save to see if anything would auto-magically change but it was consistently bugged in the same ways. The border stayed green as well. I assume that ideally upon successful completion the border changes to your nation so that you are able to build on all the nice resource spots within the territory. I am sure my earth elemental wildlands are irreparably bugged right now but I am going to continue the game anyways so 200 turns might pass and we can see if that resource (which isn't in my territory anyways) completes and gives me all those nice earth shards

January 23, 2012 4:26:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ya, I had the same issues as you in the fight. Ranged weapons and magic both can't be used because they count as "blocked" from view or something. The only cool thing for me was that I got some sort of eye loot from the boss which let me select a city to put the "trophy" of my victory in. It added growth, plus strength to defenders, so it was pretty nice. Borders are still green though. I'm having a similar issue with the firelands one. I had a weird bug where the pyre of man duded had too many guys in his army, so he didn't show up when I attacked his stack. However when I killed his troops the battle ended and it counted like I had beaten him (in the battle report it showed I killed him). His stack counted as "Epic" and all my champions ended up leveling up like 3 time lol. Firelands won't go away either though.

January 23, 2012 5:33:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have the plague swamp and i killed the 4 story elemental at the center and the green borders are still up and i can't seem to put my pioneers anywhere.

January 23, 2012 5:53:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I killed off the earth elemental lord the other night as well, visited all the marked locations, and nothing happened (and the quest to clear it was still there), but when I reloaded my game the quest was gone, and the green borders disappeared.

January 24, 2012 1:32:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same experience.  A note, magic that chooses a random target can hit the elemental lord. 

Although, most of the wild that aren't bugged terribly.... ok so far I have only seen one.... but it seemed to work well, in my opinion.

January 24, 2012 12:49:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bizarre issue with the Mist/Shroud(?) wildland too. I conquered the city and my first city disappeared without a trace. The border was still green and all I got was this lame empty city who's only difference seems to be that it has no border for me + darkling militia(which is weaker than normal kind:P).

I'm staying away from wildlands until Thurs, they break every game I play

January 24, 2012 1:44:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i solved my problem was a spot that wasn't easy to see on the non cloth map. Soon as i visited it the border vanished and all my enemies flooded into the zone....so i declared war on the world.

January 24, 2012 1:52:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For the lava area there were two green (treasure icon) stone circle things, taking both of them gave me no items but once I hit the second one the green area disappeared and I could build an outpost in there. This was after I killed the boss, which I didn't actually kill he just auto-died because his stack was too large to fit into the battle and he wasn't one of the ones that showed up in the fight.

That was the only wildlands I've found so far.

January 24, 2012 5:14:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seems like there is a good variety already and I love the concept though.

April 21, 2012 10:40:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Got the Titan battlefield to disappear and build after killing everyone, but the Winter one did not die no matter what... I even had all the world under my influence, so no monster could have escaped...

Worse yet, there was a third one, that was basically a circular mountain range with a gate, and what seems to be a city in it's walls, and a dragon mounting dude in the middle, all this I know because I managed to get someone with high sight to find it out, as I never got an intro of it, nor the gate ever opened (I could not click near that area)

April 22, 2012 2:39:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I noticed on a few in the last world I played that the borders wouldn't clear until after I had finished the objective AND had fully scouted every part of the wildland (fully revealing all tiles).  Sounds like some people have done that and are still bugged, but at least for me it helped clear 2 wildlands that I had killed/finished everything but the borders wouldn't go away.

April 22, 2012 11:28:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just had the Ice Wildland bug on me. I killed the huge elemental (who needs the ability to crush trees when he moves so that he doesn't get stuck and killed the way I did (i feel lame). But i did this before I actually went in the wildlands, so it gave me the quest AFTER I killed him... so no good options to fix the problem.

April 22, 2012 2:08:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The dragon with the gate is related to winning by the questing method in the game. In order to get in there you have to finish 2 other level 9 queslines.

April 22, 2012 7:32:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So in the earth wildland, when I got in combat with the Elemental snake overlord, the game froze.

and nothing happened. 

April 23, 2012 2:11:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting telemechus,
So in the earth wildland, when I got in combat with the Elemental snake overlord, the game froze.

and nothing happened. 

Nothing will usually happen when the game freezes.

April 23, 2012 2:52:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i realize that I meant that rather than say it was not responding it simply sat their, waiting for the elemental lord to go... but he wouldn't

April 23, 2012 3:25:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When you clear out an area, remember to visit all the lairs and take all the goodies. Only then is the land cleared. I learned the hard way

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time: