We're excited to be able to share the Fallen Enchantress beta with you. We'll be closely monitoring these forums for your feedback as well as bugs. Understand what you saw as a bug, how to reproduce it, and what you were expecting to see helps us identify and track things better.
Fallen Enchantress: Beta FAQ (http://forums.elementalgame.com/415224)
1. When posting to the forums, please preface the Subject line with [BUG], [CRASH], etc.
Where possible, please direct general feedback to the FE beta forum (http://forums.elementalgame.com/forum/1010) and bugs/issues to the FE support forum (http://forums.elementalgame.com/forum/1007).
2. Please provide your debug.err file. It will always be located in My Documents\My Games\FallenEnchantress and is recreated each time you run the game, so make sure to grab it immediately after experiencing an issue. You can upload it to Pastebin (http://www.pastebin.com) or a similar text hosting service and post the link they provide in your help request thread here on the forums. Please don't post the debug.err's contents straight into a thread, as they're almost invariably long.
3. If you have a crash, please check your ProgramData folder for a zip file which will be named something like FallenEnchantress0_75-2012-01-18T13-57-53-446.zip and post it using Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com) or a similar service.
Windows 7/Vista: C:\ProgramData\Stardock\Elemental - Fallen Enchantress
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Stardock\Elemental - Fallen Enchantress
If you have a save game that reproduces the problem, please upload that as well. Saves can be found in My Documents\My Games\FallenEnchantress\Saves.
4. Please try to give as much detail about the problem when reporting it as possible. For example, did it just happen immediately following a tactical battle? Was the battle over a city? If you include a save game with your report, how many turns (approximately) will it take to reproduce the error?
Please do not reply to other people's posts with information on a different problem. This will make it more difficult to notice your problem and start the feedback cycle with us.
1) Make sure you have the most current video drivers possible for your card.
2) If you notice tags in the text that haven't been replaced, or String not found, make sure that you backup your debug.err because the debug.err gets overwritten every time you start Elemental.
3) If you can't get the game to run at all (vs in-game bugs/feedback), you can send an email to email@example.com. Please use the forums for general bug reports and feedback, not the support email.
Update: When reporting any issue, please let us know what version of the game you encountered the error on.