Is it possible to restrict the 'Recent Posts' forum link to Elemental stuff?

By on January 14, 2012 5:28:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Das123

Join Date 05/2003
+79

I don't know about the rest of you but the main way I peruse the posts are via the 'Recent Posts' link in the button bar. For months now most of the posts that turn up are links to bloody 'Forum Games' in the 'Everything Else' forum. You know the ones - last post wins etc. To be honest they really give me the shits and I would love a way of filtering this particular forum out of the list. User preference would be awesome but failing that can they be removed from the list via programming.

I had assumed that people would soon get bored with these posts - but oh no - not only do the existing ones keep getting updated, but new posts keep getting added to the list.

Can't believe I'm the only one who is jack of these. It's like needing to sift through spam each time I want to find out what is going on regarding Elemental.

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 14, 2012 6:25:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Although I mostly agree with you, I don't think it's very likely. See this post by Jafo.

January 14, 2012 6:55:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree. Those million-page-long posts ("Last person to post wins, unless they are a moderator or admin.", "You're Banned!: The Forum Game" and "forum 'ban game' two") have become a private chat rooms. There should be an option to filter them out!

And I would really like to group all recent Elemental-related posts on one list. After FE-beta is released it could be handy.

January 14, 2012 7:07:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree too.    I want to be able to see just the new Elemental posts - not the other stuff.

January 14, 2012 7:25:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree as well - only interested in WOM or FE chatter.

January 14, 2012 10:21:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, the funny thing is that WinCustomize and JoeUser users have said something similar.  Although it isn't ideal for everyone, I kinda like it.

January 14, 2012 10:39:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

PS I was wrong. There are not three, but four never-ending-spam-threads! So they occupy almost half of the "Recent Posts" list (4/10 to be precise). Stardock, please fix this!

January 14, 2012 11:27:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You can get a longer recent posts lists by clicking on "Recent Posts" when you are logged in or by going to "http://forums.elementalgame.com/recent".

January 14, 2012 11:34:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree with this request, while I enjoy those threads I'd rather see posts about elemental when I visit this page.

Rather than having relevant things "one click away", we should have the off-topic threads "one click away". Another short term solution would be to just increase the number of recent threads from the main page from 10 to 30 or so.

January 15, 2012 1:26:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StevenAus,
You can get a longer recent posts lists by clicking on "Recent Posts" when you are logged in or by going to "http://forums.elementalgame.com/recent".

Spam stays, but it helps a bit. Thanks.

January 15, 2012 3:55:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just click on the top forum of what you want. You should get all the new posts in all subcategories as well of it).

January 15, 2012 4:19:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Froggy, it's not so easy for us FE enthusiasts. FE posts are spread in elemental development and FE forums..
January 15, 2012 4:42:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A filter that would allow us to look at only Elemental related posts would be very helpful.   Those people who want to see the other stuff would just not use that filter.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: