I like the graphic style! It seem that this is how it got +ve commentary on this thread. And it's always good to see some progress for a game in the makeing!
There are obviously things I want changed as seen in the video. In no particular order...
1. In the video, the OK button is clicked many times due to new discovery (of itmes) and what not. This UI should be improved, by removing this OK buttom completely. Founding an item (and along with many other notication) need not stop the game flow at all. Obviously, the battle initiation box saying "Lord Relias is under attack!" is superfluous, remove it ASAP.
At the bare minimium, this OK dialogue (or any notification) box should auto-fade after a few seconds. And there is option to customize how many seconds it should be.
Ideally, all kinds of notification should be presented as (pinnable) Event log. If not pinned (either by the game automatically or player manually) the notification will auto fade after a few seconds. The event log should either roll up/down one by one on the right hand side vertically on the right.
As of now, it is intrustive. After a while playing the game, gamer will easily get annoyed for the hundredth OK box that they don't care about. As gamer become familar with the game, only a very small % of notification need/get their attention. This is not OK.
Maybe in the tutorial, every event should be auto-pinned. But that's the only occasion.
2. Even the "Your Forces have Been attacked" should be consider auto-faded. But this need futher discussion/thought. I think this important dialogue is really still in 'alpha' stage. So, let's disucss.
Certain mechanism for gamer ignoring unimportant battles is needed. Unimportant battle should just become pinned events in the event log, without player involvement. This make the game flows. I was always annoyed by time spent by unimportant battle.
What need to dicuss is how to define what is important battle.
Maybe without player involvement, Auto-resolve happened behind the scene. If player's team have minimal causality, it simiply become another event that auto-fade after a while. If not, this dialoge shows up and take player's attention.
3. The Terrian inspector at the top-right is clutter. Move it to bottom right around the Map area. Offer more info, like what kind of "Grain/Material:: bonus it offers.
4. Fraction power panel is another clutter. Move it to where the Map is. Have a button called "Fraction Power", mouse over about that button will shows the power statistic.
5. About that "at least we got the cool spear"... It is more fair to have your cool spear dropped to the ground, when the champion got killed this turn by the spider. Otherwise, it is an cheesy expliot. Just send my cheap level1 champion to grab the Almightly Sword of the Moon Gods, let him kill by the gaurds but the sword will somehow get teleported back to my town.
There is more... let's talk when I have time later!