Join Date 04/2007

Using the Dead as a renewable resource

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 1, 2011 11:24:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I took a sleeping pill about 15 min ago, and I can barely read this...but if Charlton Heston doesn't save us from your evil ideas, it will bring the Apocalypse or at least nightmares tongiht.  Ambien is a hell of a drug.

December 1, 2011 11:47:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hi Lord Xia, sorry I was rushing when I wrote this, and my English isn't that good.

December 2, 2011 1:38:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So, are you thinking of a faction type ala the Infernal from Fall from Heaven 2?  An entire faction that must be summoned from the nether world would be awesome.  The more people that die, the stronger the faction becomes.  However, does it fit with the lore of the world?  Did one of the Titans possess the power of death magic?  Is something like this what brought about the cataclysm?

December 2, 2011 11:50:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is definitely a good idea for a mod if it doesn't fit into the lore for the vanilla game.   

December 2, 2011 12:10:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You're in a dark place, my friend.

December 2, 2011 1:24:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Reminds me off a faction I was thinking about modding in the game. I was inspired by things like the demons in Supernatural (tv series), some movies and other dark fantasy. Still trying to come up with a good name for them, working title is 'Seizers' (Possessors was a bit to straight forward for my taste).

It's a faction that is ruled by people that are possessed by demons/twisted souls. All the normal unpossessed people are enslaved. They gain more souls to posses people with by acts of torture and violence. Their cities are less productive, more likely to revolt. Because they require larger garrisons and special buildings to keep the population in check they would probably focus on a few large cities, with a few feeder towns around them. Certain buildings allow population to be sacrificed to gain more souls.

They have four types of units (so far);
Normal units: Weaker then other factions, low morale, only kept in line by threat of violence or promise of better life. Cannon fodder.
"Possessed": Stronger than normal troops, backbone of army.
"The Willing": Elite troops, created by person who is willingly possessed, becoming more powerful than normal possessed troops.
"The Broken": Possessions gone wrong / torture victims set loose / crazed lab experiments / ... Still thinking of some fun traits to give these.

December 2, 2011 2:20:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was just about to say I hated this idea and then I remembered about how much I love Mortal Kombat. Someone should make a Mortal Kombat mod. This would be great for that. 

December 3, 2011 2:06:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm orginally thinking it as a concept to farther improve the replayablity and enjoyablies of the game. and give it's sense of gloomy atmosphere of post end of the world Elemental is in, and give a core game mechinic that Element is missing, so people can expend the ideas and make mods of things that they dreams off and wanted. also incrase the game depth without being overly complex, after all, a simple mechanic is a building block of a great game

the concept can easy applied to a single unit or a whole faction, if you wanted a whole undead faction from your enemy corpse or summon your faction from enemy souls, or anything that you dream of.

December 3, 2011 11:22:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We interrupt this dark and gloomy thread with a word from REAL LIFE.  

...  England is considering adding electric generators to its crematoria.  The idea is to harness electricty from the energy given off when cremating dead human bodies.   Its spun as a green idea.   (Apologies to solient fans here.)  ...

Now, back to your regularially scheduled gloom and doom.

December 3, 2011 6:05:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,
en idea.   (Apologies to solient fans here.)  ...

that remind me of the burial mushroom suit, to safely and greenly decompose the dead

January 17, 2012 9:58:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Even an undead type faction would work well. Skeletons, Zombies, Wraiths, the typical stuff but with there own bonuses per unit. Zombies are slow and have high defense . Wraiths only able to be damaged by magic etc...

January 18, 2012 8:42:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Necromancers for the win... its a common theme in some fantasy worlds after all

January 19, 2012 7:04:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought this thread is about a solution to the current energy crisis...

January 19, 2012 10:39:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Have no fear, Undead Rising will be making an updated return for FE.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000656   Page Render Time: