I think we need a new Dev Diary on FE to help jump start the US economy

By on August 10, 2011 11:30:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trojasmic

Join Date 04/2006
+40

C'mon Brad and Derek!  Since Obama can't figure it out, why don't you guys take the bull by the horns.  Do it for your country!

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 10, 2011 11:34:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

August 10, 2011 11:35:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It couldn't have any WORSE effect on the economy than the President speaking.  Give it a try!

August 10, 2011 1:43:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Won't this cause the Tea Party to show up demanding mana cost cuts for the wealthiest channelers?

August 10, 2011 2:57:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tridus,
Won't this cause the Tea Party to show up demanding mana cost cuts for the wealthiest channelers?

Hehe... That is a good one.

Silly right wingers, no mana cuts for you!

August 10, 2011 3:05:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Civil unrest is on the rise due to the economic redistribution of gildar, and unchecked spending by the mageocracy.  We don't have enough diplomatic capital or governance options to counter-balance the penalties that have accrued on our prestige.  This is having a trickle down effect on our production queues and resource capital.

May have to rush a patch before we are burried under the weight of OOM errors do to the 'gildar production bug'.

August 10, 2011 3:43:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Okay, crystlshake wins the thread. That's awesome.

August 10, 2011 4:15:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

crystlshake, let's just raise the memory ceiling and forget about the problems for a while.

August 10, 2011 5:31:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I plan to run out and murder swarms of darklings while adventuring for a quick infusion of cash. If all else fails I will wait for Fallen Encantress so I can cast Sacrifice. The massive amount of mana taken from the lifeforce of the less productive half of populace will build me up a nice mana pool. Then I can artifically boost the money supply and government currency reserves with some quick under the table Alchemy.

August 10, 2011 5:34:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You shouldn't do that. You'll just end up devaluing the gildar when trading with other factions. All you'll end up with is more expensive materials and metals.

August 10, 2011 6:19:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LMAO!

August 11, 2011 2:27:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The worst thing is this all sounds far more feasible than what they’re actually suggesting.

August 11, 2011 8:36:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You all should not criticize the policies of his Highness the Grand Wizard or you will be called a racist by his Demon liberal horde and cast into the 666 layer of the Abyss to rot for eternity.

August 11, 2011 9:04:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really don't think Brad wants to get into any more politics after the crap he's gotten in the past.

That said we do need some more dev diaries, I'm hoping a beta of FE comes out this year at least.

August 11, 2011 9:52:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

kantok...Only thing that will fix the US economy (and the people!) is casting a spell to create an ultra size development diary.  Such a diary would have several interactive parts: Actual taxes on the uber-rich, and actual taxes on-uber corporations, and a massive government program(s) to employ people, akin the the new deal.  Yea Iceland!  Boo plutocrats!  People matter more than dollars.  Oh, and casting this spell would also give us much a better view into whats going on in the developing team(s) working on FE. 

August 11, 2011 2:06:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think that Obama is just saving up his mana so that he can cast the 5th level teleport spell on election day. What is the name of that spell again? ACORN? Anyways a new dev diary about map generation or city building might at least curb the stock market's downward spiral. 

Your country needs you Stardock!

August 12, 2011 3:55:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe this is now the longest we've gone without a Dev Journal update since the release of WoM.

August 12, 2011 11:16:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sir_Linque,
I believe this is now the longest we've gone without a Dev Journal update since the release of WoM.

Either they're hard at work on FE, or else ... well, we're all thinking it, I may as well be the one to say it.

Else the Zombie Apocalypse has broken out in Michigan, and the survivors are barricaded in the top floor of Stardock HQ, wishing they were in a rural farmhouse or a shopping mall instead.

August 12, 2011 12:32:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Austinvn,

Quoting Sir_Linque, reply 16I believe this is now the longest we've gone without a Dev Journal update since the release of WoM.
Either they're hard at work on FE, or else ... well, we're all thinking it, I may as well be the one to say it.

Else the Zombie Apocalypse has broken out in Michigan, and the survivors are barricaded in the top floor of Stardock HQ, wishing they were in a rural farmhouse or a shopping mall instead.

A communication disruption can only mean one thing... invasion!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001047   Page Render Time: