What's Shafer up to?

By on June 5, 2011 1:05:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

charon2112

Join Date 02/2009
+57

I don't see a lot of Shafer updates on this site.  So, what are you up to, man?

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 5, 2011 1:42:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

June 5, 2011 3:06:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TheProgress,

I don't get it.

I make you puke, or Shafer makes you puke?

June 5, 2011 4:42:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

He's working on the campaign, afaik.

June 6, 2011 3:44:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Derek is steering Elemental, so with this game my main work is in helping him with what he needs. I'm also spending a fair amount of time preparing for the next project. Unfortunately it means there's not really a lot for me to talk about here on the forums yet.

Jon

June 6, 2011 3:59:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Make minor faction like city-states in Civ 5, Jon!  But you know...Elementaly.  And Come on, can you at least tell us what type of game you are working on?  Is it a 4X game?  RPG?  Is it Fantasy or Sci-Fi?  Is it GalCiv 3 or Elemental 3?  WHAT IS IT?  WHAY DO YOU TEASE US SO!

June 6, 2011 4:48:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Why choose between Fantasy or Sci-Fi?  In Jon's game, Procipinee has lasers.

June 6, 2011 4:56:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Robots who cast fireballs?  Mages with laser guns? Dragons with rockets? I like it!  Kind of Shadowrunish.  Why won't anyone make a new, good Shadowrun?

Ooh, a game set on Altar in between the times of Elemental and GalCiv could be a Sci-Fi/Fantasy hybrid!!!!   MAKE THAT GAME!

June 6, 2011 6:32:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jon Shafer,
Derek is steering Elemental, so with this game my main work is in helping him with what he needs. I'm also spending a fair amount of time preparing for the next project. Unfortunately it means there's not really a lot for me to talk about here on the forums yet.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Have some of your Firaxis buddies teach Stardock how to make rivers.

June 6, 2011 7:11:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jon Shafer,

Jon

It's GalCiv3, I know it.

Take good care of it, it's a special franchise to many of us.  I think you'll do awesome! 

June 6, 2011 7:38:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting charon2112,

Quoting Jon Shafer, reply 4Derek is steering Elemental, so with this game my main work is in helping him with what he needs. I'm also spending a fair amount of time preparing for the next project. Unfortunately it means there's not really a lot for me to talk about here on the forums yet.

Jon

It's GalCiv3, I know it.

Take good care of it, it's a special franchise to many of us.  I think you'll do awesome! 

1.  I don't think Jon wants to work on someone else's baby after Civ V.

2.  I don't think Brad wants someone else to work on his baby.

Therefore, if Jon is working on a secret project then it's probably something totally different.  How about World of Galactic Civilizations MMORPG?

June 6, 2011 8:41:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

Therefore, if Jon is working on a secret project then it's probably something totally different.  How about World of Galactic Civilizations MMORPG?

How about Society ?

June 8, 2011 6:02:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
Robots who cast fireballs?  Mages with laser guns? Dragons with rockets? I like it!  Kind of Shadowrunish.  Why won't anyone make a new, good Shadowrun?

Ooh, a game set on Altar in between the times of Elemental and GalCiv could be a Sci-Fi/Fantasy hybrid!!!!   MAKE THAT GAME!

itll be a first person 4x game with swords that shoot lasers, bows that shoot orphan seeking sharks and nuclear roses obviously

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: