Fallen Enchantress Manual?

By on May 25, 2011 7:31:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

charon2112

Join Date 02/2009
+57

Will there be an awesome, all inclusive, hopefully 300 page, super cool manual for Fallen Enchantress (which was lacking in EWoM)?  And for those getting a digital download of it for free, can they get a paper version that would be in the retail FE?

Thank you.

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 25, 2011 9:01:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Honestly, I kind of doubt that there will be 300 pages worth of stuff to write about. Not to hate, but... there it is.

May 25, 2011 9:05:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yea, it's not going to be Dom 3.  I would be satisfied with a downloadable manual that was kept up to date when patches are released. 

May 25, 2011 11:08:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm pretty sure they've said that FE will be digital download only.  So any manual will be digital.

May 26, 2011 1:33:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Everything about EFE will be awesome including the manual.  So let it be written.  So let it be done.

May 26, 2011 2:06:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,
Everything about EFE will be awesome including the manual.  So let it be written.  So let it be done.

Maktub.

May 26, 2011 3:54:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I expect the manual will be digital.  If its kept current, re: patches, errata, etc., I would be most happy.  While a glossy manual can be fun, (and I really enjoy the comfot of pages on paper rather than on a kindle, or PC or whatever) they add to the costs and the expense.  I would rather a ** truly printer ready ** set of tables, unit comparisions, tech tree, etc. downloadable along with the manual.... And leave the lovely eye candy to the wall papers, etc.  

May 27, 2011 1:04:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Digital or paper, it doesn't matter as long as it covers everything.

And I'm not asking for either a list of everything in the game or a strategy guide but for a manual explaining (even with screen captures) the different screens, the background of factions, how the world reacts, the parts of the game (diplo, tactical combat, city building,...) and actions of the game. And a step-by-step description should be that of the tutorial like in page 7 to 26 of the Dom3 manual.

The Age of Wonders manuals were also...wonderful.

May 27, 2011 8:50:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The best manual I ever saw was the one that came with my copy of Civ II, it was huge!

May 28, 2011 3:06:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

THe Best manual I've ever seen came with the game "Darklands" Next to a fairly complete explanation of the game it also contained a good introductionary course in the medieval societe and lore complete with quotations and references.

May 28, 2011 5:43:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Darklands!!!!  I loved that game.  I still have the original box with the manual, foldout map and 3.5" Floppies.

Oh discordia, where have the good games gone.  Sometimes I truly believe that graphics killed gameplay.

May 29, 2011 2:54:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wouldn't say kill but it does seem to have a limiting effect on the gameplay.

June 1, 2011 10:13:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting scifi1950,
Darklands!!!!  I loved that game.  I still have the original box with the manual, foldout map and 3.5" Floppies.

Oh discordia, where have the good games gone.  Sometimes I truly believe that graphics killed gameplay.

Amen.. I recently ran it through DosBox and it was pretty fun still. I think it's telling I spent more time on that this month than EWOM.

I just want a fun FE. If I have to figure it all out on my own because they put zero time into it because it's a f'ing awesome game, I'm ok with that. Seriously don't give a shit about manuals.. all you uber geek fanboys will lay it all out for me somewhere soon anyway.

I'd kill for a revamp of Megatraveller and Future Magic: Sentinel Worlds.. now those were games (and Megatraveller had the best character creation.. ever!)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: