Can I go back?

By on May 4, 2011 4:53:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sunjah_Kahn

Join Date 02/2006

Is there anyway I can go back to the 1.0 or 1.01f or 1.0.1.0.subsection b/f of 7?

Seriously, I actually enjoyed playing the game when it first came out, and now it has slowly warped away for me as each of the new things has come out.  I liked being able to make other guys Magic-users, and each guy had mana, today, I waited until about turn 8 or 10, had 34 mana, it said it would cost 25 to make a guy a spell caster, yet NEVER would let me cast the spell.  IT kept saying I didn't have enough.

Basically, I think most things done are now the problems with the game (no offense), but is there anyway I can go pack to a version before (I believe) it was 1.12f or something?

Today, i told it to research 2nd level spells, and the game was set on fast, and it told me 25 turns.  It took ALL the fun out of the game for me.  25 turns, just to be able to cast level 2 spells?  Why?  three, maybe five, but 25???  There is no fun in that at all.

I can honestly say it that I would play if this game went back to what it was close to release (minus the crash bugs, of course), and would really like that option.

It seems to have gone severely in the wrong direction in my opinion.  I actually had fun when it first came out, and do not now at all.

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 4, 2011 8:31:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

and it told me 25 turns.

If I am not mistaken, 25 is the initial amount of turns it takes after you build your first lore building. After adding more and upgrades, the research time drops significantly.

May 4, 2011 3:14:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Why, though.  25 turns is way too much to begin with.  In the first game, you could give people magic ability right off the bat, and go around and use it.  I just don't understand why so many of the good features (like land raise/lower, imbibe others with magic) are now gone or difficult to get.

There isn't enough fun to last 25 turns simply to be 2nd level at spells (not to mention you cannot get other spells while this is going on).

HEY STARDOCK people, I really did mean it.  Is there ANY WAY I can use this game at the version it started with?

I really dislike the state it is in now, and think they other game was definitely more fun.

May 4, 2011 3:24:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

they arent difficult to get....

if you want play the release version uninstall the game and reinstall and then dont update.

and if by fun you mean stupidly easy, i have just the game for you: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495903

and/or

if you have a hard time dealing with change, new shit, etc. i have just the book for you: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese/Spencer-Johnson/e/9780399144462/?itm=1&USRI=moved+cheese

May 4, 2011 3:26:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you purchased through Impulse, reinstalling the original is probably not an option.

May 4, 2011 4:19:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ROFL.

May 10, 2011 2:44:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

May 10, 2011 2:44:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Mayjori,
they arent difficult to get....

if you want play the release version uninstall the game and reinstall and then dont update.

and if by fun you mean stupidly easy, i have just the game for you: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495903

and/or

if you have a hard time dealing with change, new shit, etc. i have just the book for you: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese/Spencer-Johnson/e/9780399144462/?itm=1&USRI=moved+cheese

That was extremely stupid; this post is nothing but obnoxious; if this is what you have to say, you would've done everyone a favor by not saying anything.

May 12, 2011 9:49:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

then pthe problem is the amount of complaining that lacks any form of constructive input, perhaps suggest something instead of say how you think this game sucks compared to the prepatched version 

May 12, 2011 10:24:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sunjah is merely asking valid questions. There is no need, logically, to berate him. Of course mockery is a fine sport for others.

I never had any real problems with my old pc, other than it slowing down from midgame on. I just upgraded massively and now it crashes instantly.

I am a huge fan of this game and will await further patching. If that does not fix it I will have no other choice than to await FE, which sounds great!

May 12, 2011 10:37:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You know, if you're getting crashes, and you don't send SD any crash reports, they can't fix it for your computer. People seem to forget how different every PC can be. While Elemental barely ever crashes for me, it crashes for some. Then again, I've posted plenty of crash reports (not really a coincedence that it's stable for me).

May 12, 2011 11:20:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I also would like to go back to a previous update; such as, 1.12. This new update sounds great; however, it has had (for me at least) to have more bugs mainly involving the graphics. The pictures of any and all the hero/sovereign and unit avatars are distorted to the point of them being unrecognizable. Also the graphics on the strategic map are largely distorted as well. Due to these bugs/issues I have had no desire to play beyond turn 1.

As I said I'd greatly appreciate if update 1.12 was available again or a new update would come out and hopefully resolve these issues. If anyone has any suggestions that could resolve these issues on my end would also be a great help, thanks.

May 12, 2011 11:30:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Please help the devs by posting your issues. Yes, it would be easier if crash or bug reporting was built into the game. It's not.

They can't fix what they don't know about - that includes details such as screenshots, debug files, saves, and dumps. Search on some of my posts or any of the folks who report issues.

May 15, 2012 9:44:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Leeovold,
 Sunjah is merely asking valid questions. There is no need, logically, to berate him. Of course mockery is a fine sport for others.

I never had any real problems with my old pc, other than it slowing down from midgame on. I just upgraded massively and now it crashes instantly.

I am a huge fan of this game and will await further patching. If that does not fix it I will have no other choice than to await FE, which sounds great!

Thanks, it is nice to know that there are some good, civil people here.  I was merely commenting how much I liked the game, and then started to dislike it from the patches.

Obviously, other forum members took that as, "Hey, can you please attack me for sharing opinions and asking questions."  Kind of hard to confuse the two, but apparently they did.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: