Anyone interested in a Dominions 3 Newb game?**Running**

By on April 27, 2011 10:11:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

wonderloss

Join Date 04/2008
+4

I have seen this discussed here a few times, and purchased it recently. I think some others might as well. If there is enough interest, I could start a PBEM game on llamaserver. Info on llamaserver can be found here.

Newbie--5 or fewer MP games. Can be adjusted if needed if there is not enough interest.

Early Age

Vanilla, no mods.

Diplomacy-keep your word, but everyone starts off at war.

Game name: Elementalists

Map Hieronica. Download map here

Players.

wonderloss - Pangea

ElanaAhova - Yomi

LordXia - Tien Chien

louist - Arcoscephale

EmersonPF - Abyssia

Kamamura_CZ - Hinnom

Thranite - Agartha

igorCRO - Marverni

ReuelKB - Lanka

ghostwes - Ermor

Locked Post 698 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 21, 2011 9:00:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, the last turn was a poor one for Arcoscephale. An earthquake decimated one of our provinces before unleashing a horde of troglodytes, who conquered the province entirely. This wouldn't have been so bad if the attack hadn't also killed my stockpiled force of ninja turtles (no joke), who were destined to invade the sea next turn.

Ah, well.

May 21, 2011 9:09:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ninja turtles being mercs?  Sorry, can't think too clearly now.  Let me see...Okay, I'm confused.  Oh, must have been those murlock units (begins with an 'I' I think.  Troglodytes are bad, but Hinnom giants, especially those of the name Hanan'el are worse in every way!

May 21, 2011 9:50:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The venerable Kohinim council has the pleasure to announce the final victory against the mischievous demons from the mountains known as Yomi. Their castle stands no more, their temples lie in ruins, their pretender has been banished from this world. Yet, they fought bravely in their last battle, slaughtering mighty Henan'el's blood slaves,  personal assistants, which threw him into a terrible battle frenzy. Yomi army was a horrible sight - rag-tag bandits and lowlife forming the battle line together with demons of various sizes with bulging eyes, pot-bellied and grinning, who fought even after their bodies were chopped to pieces, their terrible ethereal forms rising from the fresh corpses with mad howl. From the back ranks, corrupted mountain priests and horrible, twisted witches threw strange fire magics that made really beautiful light effects on the evening sky, but bounced harmlessly from the shields of the elite Dawn Guard. 

In the end, our priests reminded our foes what every demon has to fear from the unwavering faith and sincere prayers, and mighty Henan'el, finding his way around the front-line, he gave the enemy sorcerers the taste of his recently won Champion trident, and with their leaders slain, the Yomi army fled the field, losing the battle and their kingdom. In the end, they fought bravely and at least sent information about our army movements to anyone interested (including us, for some strange reason), so their memory will be remembered according to our customs - with prayer and incense. There is no time for a feast this time, because our kingdom is once again in great danger.

From the north, the monkey king marches, uttering insults and craving revenge - for what, we wonder. We meant their people no harm, and it was not our fault they decide to send an obviously unfit champion to a certain death in the Arena. Obviously, the negotiations will be led with steel and magic this time, and so be it, the Nephalim and Avvites have never declined a worthy foe the honor of battle.

Meanwhile, from the south, unanounced, like thief in the night, the generals of Tien Chien march towards our capital. Without a word of their intent, without an attempt to justify their invasion, without even a declaration of war, they march on and won't turn back before the blood is spilled - well, and spilled it will be. Concerning diplomatic etiquette, they have a lot to learn even from the monkeys, it seems. We will greet them accordingly. When Yomi mentioned the ancient Chinese curse in their semi-secret intel reports: "May Hinnom live in interesting times", we suspected that their forces would be somewhere near. It seems they march on to revenge the Yomi demons, which they found so cute and amicable for some reason.

And so the new chapter truly begins - what was a geyser of blood in the beginning will now be a river and an ocean. 

May 21, 2011 10:24:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ReuelKB,
Ninja turtles being mercs?  Sorry, can't think too clearly now.  Let me see...Okay, I'm confused.  Oh, must have been those murlock units (begins with an 'I' I think.  Troglodytes are bad, but Hinnom giants, especially those of the name Hanan'el are worse in every way!

They are actually a rare independent race you can recruit of martial artist turtle men.

May 21, 2011 10:35:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

He means kappa, obviously. They are summonable, can heal wounds and use koppo for attacking, which is a martial art centered around breaking bones. But I can understand your pain with the earthquake, louist. I have a special contingent of aquatic beings ready to invade the sea as well. Now they will end up fighting monkeys, it seems I have problems talking to them, I am not sure if they understood the orders clearly: "You nowater fight no more. You stay. Monkey come, you kill."

May 21, 2011 11:24:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is there some advantage to invading the sea? I would think it would be mostly useless since we don't have any aquatic nations playing. What's the point? Is the income good? Gem sites?

How did the battle between Hinnom and Lanka go?

May 21, 2011 11:38:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ghostwes,
Is there some advantage to invading the sea? I would think it would be mostly useless since we don't have any aquatic nations playing. What's the point? Is the income good? Gem sites?

Well, if I ever get access to amphibious independent troops I'm planning on heading into the ocean just for the extra income.  It may not be much, but every little bit counts when your troops are as expensive as mine are.  In theory there are gem sites in the water with about the same frequency as on land.

That said, it's not vitally important to get down there, especially if your nation - like mine - has no business being in the ocean in the first place (ie, almost all of our good spells can only be cast on land).  Since non-aquatic nations can't even build PD underwater, you'd have to station troops everywhere to protect yourself from someone else's invasion, and you might just end up spending as much money taking and holding those provinces as you get from them.

May 22, 2011 3:18:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aquatic invasion is important, if your castle is on the shore. Each castle draws resources from the neighboring provinces, but they must be under your control. Once you conquer at least one province, you can recruit troops there which are usually natively aquatic rather than amphibious. Natively aquatic troops cannot leave water at all, but have usually superior stats when fighting underwater. It's also worth noting that archers cannot fire undrewater for obvious reasons.

May 22, 2011 3:20:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Btw strange thing is that the server still waits for Yomi turn, even if the nation does not exist anymore.

May 22, 2011 4:47:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's important to note, as well, that heat does not impact the income generated from water provinces, which can make them more attractive to pretenders with strong cold or heat scales.

May 22, 2011 4:57:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah, kama... the server required one more move from me....LOL.   I hope the sledgehammer thing was fun for you.

No intel to give.  Final fire gems and earth gems exported. 

May 22, 2011 7:36:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hark, ye Pretenders of the world, for Abysia has news that much concerns you.  Fountainfix of Marverni, the Great Oracle, has been slain (and dismantled) by the Demon Malphas.  Now leaderless, the priests of Marverni must choose to either reconstruct their false god, or to lead their forces in Fountainfix's stead in the battle against the coming onslaught of Abysian might.

It is but a matter of time until Abysia rules the North-Eastern reaches of the world.

May 22, 2011 7:53:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The council of Kohinim anounces with great sorrow that our warriors have lost the battle of Binophe to the invading forces of Lanka. The battle was long and drawn, but in the end, our provincial militia fled the battle together with our Melquart general, who failed all the expectations laid upon him. Great is his shame, and his name will be erased from the Annals of our Kingdom. The invading demons, blessed by the power of the monkey priests, proved tough as nails, matching our giant's combat skill - though many of them fought naked, our blades could not reach their flesh and bones due to their supernatural skill and agility.

The province is lost, the people are fleeing, but the war is not over yet. Kingom of Lanka has impressed our generals and won the privilege to meet mighty Henan'el in battle.

May 22, 2011 9:29:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

News of the victory at Binophe (101) has brought with it jubilant cheers and howls all over Monkey City (aka Lanka).  With this victory, the city of Hinnom is in sight.  Despite the celebration however, bitter arguments are raged over whether to press on the attack, or wait for more demon reinforcements.  Some insist that Hinnom is open and that now is the time to strike at their heart, while others insist that from previous intelligence reports, that there is still a large Hinnom army on the move, and that more troops are needed to counter the threat.  

All camps, however, agree with the decision to execute Grom, leader of the "Brave" Breakers.  His troops fled in the midst of our victory at Binophe, and for that, his life is forfeit.   

May 22, 2011 10:46:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hinnom is a very strong nation. Hinnom has one big weakness, though. Hinnom is usually a target for everyone else in the game. Not much can unite players like Hinnom can.

May 22, 2011 11:05:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ReuelKB,

All camps, however, agree with the decision to execute Grom, leader of the "Brave" Breakers.  His troops fled in the midst of our victory at Binophe, and for that, his life is forfeit.   

You know mercs, their loyalty goes only as far as the coin. Often they chose their lives before honor, but after fleeing the field, few of them are stupid enough to report back in the camp to face court martial. I have heard Grom was seen drinking at the Hobbling Whore near the Black Forest, all well and alive, cursing his luck and blabbering about some "monkey screwup" that blew into his face recently.

As for your visit to our lands, please proceed at your leisure - it would be a pity to miss all the sightseeing. I especially recommend our burial mounds, the visits are discounted in times of war, though the tomb rental price usually skyrockets.

May 22, 2011 11:08:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting wonderloss,
Hinnom is a very strong nation. Hinnom has one big weakness, though. Hinnom is usually a target for everyone else in the game. Not much can unite players like Hinnom can.

I think LA Ermor or Rylegh can.

May 22, 2011 4:12:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

(ooc)

I don't know if I would have gone after Hinnom if the arena event never happened.  I already had my mind made up that who ever ended up killing King Louis would be the object of my vendetta, and in this case, it happened to be a neighbor.  Lanka is strong in the early game, so I would likely to have had to target one of my neighbors.

Of course, now I'm going to have to make up for lost time in research and site searching, and then eventually get a blood economy going.  That looks to be quite a chore to pull off, so despite any victory against Hinnom occurring, I'll have to see if I can transition into the middle game without issue.

May 22, 2011 9:17:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Rather than eat the cowardly one ourselves, Grom was sent to Hinnom as a little snack.

May 23, 2011 1:36:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ermor has met a fellow empire on the fields of battle and emerged victorious. Unfortunately, that was not our intention, alas.

A large force of militiamen, led by Pangea, attacked us just as we liberated a province on our southern border. As they were just militia men, such as the ones we had just dispatched, my troops thought they were reinforcements of some sort and pressed their attack. None looked particularly... Pangean, it must be said. (We are not sure what Pangeans look like, but surely they do not look like frightened little red militiamen).

The saddest thing about this unfortunate incident is that we had made Pangea aware of our intentions. Unfortunately, our envoy was delayed in reaching the Pangean capital (something about picking the kids up from daycare) and, alas, our message was not received in time. So, it seems Pangea committed his forces to attack the province at the same time we sent ours to liberate it.

We regret this misunderstanding and hope that the next messenger will reach our neighbours in better time.

May 23, 2011 1:58:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pangea's pretender was hanging out at the beach, and was in a hurry to get orders to the troops, so no time was taken to listen to envoys from the other nations.

Overall the Pangean's are having a great time, drinking and frolicking. They see no reason to end the party over such a simple misunderstanding. 

May 23, 2011 2:51:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ReuelKB,
Rather than eat the cowardly one ourselves, Grom was sent to Hinnom as a little snack.

Speaking of cowardice, Kohinim council was very surprised when our Grand General Henan'el and his Melquarts marched out of the gate of Gehenna to meet the Lanka invaders in a straight battle to give them a chance get the revenge they allegedly crave for, he found out that instead of answering our battle calls, the monkey demons turned southward to pillage our inland provinces. Well, one can only expect so much from monkeys...

However, the Council wishes to announce that the atrocities committed by the Lanka invaders on the peaceful civilians of Binophe shall not go unpunished, and that the justice will be both swift and uncompromising.

May 23, 2011 2:59:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Help! This Ben Azir from the Hinnom resistance movement! The Nephillim giants and that horrible monster Henan'el have been camping behind the city walls for whole month, going from house to house and eating people! It's horrible, fear permeates the city like a fog, people are fleeing their homes! The Artisan Quarter has been barred closed after what happened last night. We sent a petition to the Council, but none of the negotiators came back. It's horrible! The Avvite people will rise against the Nephillim oppressors, freedom for Hinnom!!! 

May 23, 2011 4:09:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah, finally, after all this time, this thread is beginning to be fun to read.

May 23, 2011 5:58:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Henan'el will meet our monkey demons soon enough.  Unfortunately, our demons are very hungry indeed (translation, they eat more than regular troops of their size).  We be needing more monkey demons for the final grand battle, and thus, need more food to satisfy their cravings.  Soon though, the ogres from Monkey City, carrying the blessing of the great Monkey Spirit.  

(ooc)

Hinnom has *a lot* of troops at his capital.  I'd imagine that is what's behind Hinnom eating their own population (as they tend to do I believe).  My troops are quite hungry too, and there's only so many I can have on one territory before starvation sets in.  Waiting for one more waive of reinforcements, and then the assault on the Tel City will begin.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000407   Page Render Time: