Rename Elemental War of Magic, Spell, Arcane

By on April 26, 2011 1:20:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Humility

Join Date 09/2007
+7

Hello Everyone

Elemental War of Magic is seem fun and enjoyment game, but I had a problem with the "sorcery" and a "spell", there is a kind of "power", like I do view the "Heal", and "Land turn into Water" as Power, not a "spell" at least, and unfortunately people were live in the house is where I had come over for 2 week, they don't like I been play a this game under their house because a sorcery and it's a is forbidden, an abominationI and might had been link a wiccan, so I'm told....I had honor their wish, yet I would like to fix this game,

Let's not a debating the different on a disagree and agree yet what is right and what is wrong at this point, there is a thing I see some are a wrong, but some had been using a wrong label as well, I would like to mod the core file game or add file in Mod folder if a better this way, rename, removed but I wonder if you might a proved me a better information, unless you think a better way to mod without ruin core file?

Let's start with "Elemental War of magic" I would like to rename "Kingdom and Empire" based on what this game dose, this is do more about a building city and army and at least, yet rather than "magic", I had rather use a word "Power", thought it's part of game, but not a major one, I think. Next "Casting Spell", I had a rather rename to "Using Power" instead "casting Spell", and Reseaching Power in "power " book, basic rename a every spell into the Power, same as for building to rename the arcane, but I'm don't know what is better a Word than the Arcane unless you knew what a good word is that? There is some a spell that I would like to rename or removed, the certain "spell". It’s would be nice rename pork to the chicken, because it’s look like a chicken leg, and the pork is a not food to the humankind in my opinion.

If you are able to proved me a great answer how to solve this problem or show me step by step, or proved me mod you might make quicker, I don't know, but it's would be great, and I might go ahead post what if you proved inforas well. I hope I am not annoy and offend you in anyway.

I do been a little reseaching about witchcraft, sorcery, and wizard, I ask myself if a Mosheh or Messiah is a wizard, but it’s not but power come from Yah, Elohim, rather like heal, water into land, land into water, but men might could do that with tool, yet limited, Witchcraft, sorcery and wizard may had as pharmacist, drug addit, doctor, ect, they don’t do had any power of command in their time, do you think they could had command of power? I think not. Interesting enough, though I could be wrong or decieved or error, however I'm not comfort the word using "casting spell", it's better off "Using Power" or Heal in "Power book" whatever try to stay away sorcery or witchcraft. I could play game without magic, game might be harder, but please any of your help is welcome. 

Thank you for your patince and time, and forgive my english skill, it’s may not great as your, Thank you kindly,

Locked Post 22 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 26, 2011 8:55:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

But, Humility, you don't understand.   Playing this game IS Witchcraft.  Brad is the dark prophet of the Fallen One, the Morning Star, the Prince of the World, the Great Adversary, He Who Wanders the Earth!  SATAN!!!!

We are a Dark Cabal, we who Play Elemental are children of the Devil, we are Witches.  You have played, so you are one of us, Humility!  One of us, one of us, one of us!!!! 

April 26, 2011 9:18:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
But, Humility, you don't understand.   Playing this game IS Witchcraft.  Brad is the dark prophet of the Fallen One, the Morning Star, the Prince of the World, the Great Adversary, He Who Wanders the Earth!  SATAN!!!!

We are a Dark Cabal, we who Play Elemental are children of the Devil, we are Witches.  You have played, so you are one of us, Humility!  One of us, one of us, one of us!!!! 

WELCOME TO HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY!

April 26, 2011 9:37:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, it's not funny and I never one of you!

April 26, 2011 9:52:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe that there are parts that cannot be changed. Sorry.

April 26, 2011 10:05:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One of Us! One of Us! One of Us! One of Us!                    

April 26, 2011 10:23:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heavenfall is right, even if you were to try and change all references to spells and other things, it would take you a very long time and figuring out how to get to some deep rooted stuff would probably be more complicated than it's worth.

April 26, 2011 12:11:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

also the likelihood of you hitting a roadblock (hardcoded) stuff.

April 26, 2011 12:36:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Why change it now, his soul has already been corrupted!   Muhahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!

April 26, 2011 3:58:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ha, my soul will be clean and stay cleaned, (I hope)

April 26, 2011 4:51:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Muhahahahahahahahahahaha! tell that to the legion of Succubi following you around, they want your soul

April 26, 2011 5:22:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, action, they want to destory your soul, not want your soul unless using you soul rebel what is good and what is right... anyway, I did try to look file, it's seem lot of work, even so, I don't know if that is work if I rename spellcore.fle to something other.

April 26, 2011 8:44:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't think he's one of us, at least not one of me

April 26, 2011 9:01:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

humility, you will have to cast a lot of spells, magic, and posses a lot of arcane items to do what you want, while editing the english.str, but that will not effect any of the images of idols that are in the game, only the (forbidden) texts.

and an alternate method that might be easier and simpler would be to ask your hosts how does TV work, then when they have explained it ask them to point out the "tv or radio waves" and the 'electricity' and when they can not ask them how is this different to magic?, then do the same for radio, electric light and electric heating.

and yet another method would be to ask them if the term 'magic' would be a reasonable descriptor for any advanced technology that is not understood by the users of such technology eg computers & the internet.

harpo

April 26, 2011 9:12:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting harpo99999,
humility, you will have to cast a lot of spells, magic, and posses a lot of arcane items to do what you want, while editing the english.str, but that will not effect any of the images of idols that are in the game, only the (forbidden) texts.

and an alternate method that might be easier and simpler would be to ask your hosts how does TV work, then when they have explained it ask them to point out the "tv or radio waves" and the 'electricity' and when they can not ask them how is this different to magic?, then do the same for radio, electric light and electric heating.

and yet another method would be to ask them if the term 'magic' would be a reasonable descriptor for any advanced technology that is not understood by the users of such technology eg computers & the internet.

...or maybe just say "it's just a game" and nobody here EVER believes any of that is real.

April 26, 2011 9:30:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Humility, I'm casting a spell! And I don't mean in the game.

Beware of black cats and full moons because I'm casting a spell on you!

April 27, 2011 2:43:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some of you guys are being assholes, having fun at someone elses expense got old on the internet in 1992. You've literally added nothing to the conversation except your unwanted jeers.

April 27, 2011 3:18:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is simply not possible to mod it that much. You will have to not play it in the homes of people who consider such things to be evil even though it is just a game.

I also think that there is a language problem here. It sounds like what you think when you read "magic" is actually what in English we would call "witchcraft". In English the word "magic" could mean witchcraft but it could also mean other things like healing and using power. Even things that come from god are called "magic", it is just "divine magic" instead of "arcane magic".

Quoting Heavenfall,
Some of you guys are being assholes, having fun at someone elses expense got old on the internet in 1992. You've literally added nothing to the conversation except your unwanted jeers.
I agree. People are failing to consider that different cultures have different cultures. Even if they feel that it is silly to be upset by magic in a game, in some parts of the world it would be thought of muh as we in the west might consider rape in a game: it is an evil thing and not something a right-minded person would want to play.

However, I disagree with the idea that fun at the expense of the others got old, or even can get old.

April 27, 2011 4:12:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Cruxador,
I agree. People are failing to consider that different cultures have different cultures. Even if they feel that it is silly to be upset by magic in a game, in some parts of the world it would be thought of muh as we in the west might consider rape in a game: it is an evil thing and not something a right-minded person would want to play.

Trigger warning for murder in that link:

Considering that in certain places of the world people (mostly women) are killed because they had been accused of witchcraft still today, I agree it's no thing to laugh about. It's actually quite a good thing to fight against such stupid and harmful superstition that harms people in the real world.

So yeah, fuck your culture relativism.

---------------------------------------

That said, I feel sympathy for the op, being surrounded with such people isn't fun. Having religous relatives can be a pain, having real believers as relatives... hard to escape that.

Humility, you'd could try looking up the language files in the game. I don't have the game accessible right now, but you should be able to rename the "cast spell" button and the spell names somewhere in them. There should be a file somewhere with the strings, ie. the sentences used in the game iirc.

Perhaps Heavenfall as a modder could, instead of adding nothing to the discussion too, help you with that.

Also, perhaps you could say which is your native language, since you say it's hard for you to understand English. Perhaps somebody here speeks it too as there are a people from around the world here.

April 27, 2011 6:28:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Vandenburg,

Perhaps Heavenfall as a modder could, instead of adding nothing to the discussion too, help you with that.

Quoting Heavenfall,
I believe that there are parts that cannot be changed. Sorry.

April 27, 2011 3:12:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yes, people had saw those word "cast spell", No place to hide my computer from them, LOL, but Elemental, War of magic is must changed, it's main view. I'm not sure where or how to changed into "Kingdom and Emprie" or something like that....

April 27, 2011 3:32:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My suggestion is: leave that house F-A-S-T! And I am not joking now. 

April 27, 2011 4:24:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm stuck untill this sunday of week, they is one pick me up and drop me for passover and unleaved of bread., LOL. They are very nice people, yet I understand them, but my understand and thier may not be same. They had four children, and very loveing,, that is main reason why, my host don't want thier children learn this stuff and had a right to said this might be evil, I can't play this game risking they see what I do play this game... I see this game more like Kingdom and Empire rather than Elemental, elemental, magic is just part of this game, and can play game without magic, but harder, I use terring land into water, men could do that,

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000969   Page Render Time: