Unable to download 1.19g: Dowload verification checks failed

By on March 18, 2011 3:12:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Michael_Zett

Join Date 04/2009
+3

First time I get this error. I try to update from 1.19f to 1.19g via Impulse. After downloading the ~6MB the Update progress reads: Download verification checks failed - Press resume to try again. (Trying again does not work...)

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 18, 2011 3:15:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The version info on the update file in impulse says: v0.0 (v1.19g[rc] Available)

March 18, 2011 4:20:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
I have the same problem. I use no mods at all
March 18, 2011 4:27:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So, I unchecked the "Beta-version flag" in Impulse, downgraded to 1.11, re-checked it and tried to upgrade to 1.19g: same problem.

I then started Elemental with the /logxml parameter. In the CVPRemoveFromQuickGameQueueResponse_2011-03-18T09-23-14-387 file I found this message:

<CVPRemoveFromQuickGameQueueResponse>
 <ResponseCode>5001</ResponseCode>
 <ResponseMessage>The parameters you have entered are invalid. Please check your data and try again. (PlayerID)</ResponseMessage>
 <WebServer>ASH2</WebServer>
</CVPRemoveFromQuickGameQueueResponse>

I did not change password or user or anything.

March 18, 2011 4:29:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
I tried this from another thread: http://sd.stardock.com/curthendzell/fix_registrations.reg Did not help me
March 18, 2011 4:48:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,
I tried this from another thread: http://sd.stardock.com/curthendzell/fix_registrations.reg Did not help me

Yeah, I think that fix has been individually made for that user. We might have the same problem, but need an own fix.

I tried ti update from my old machine (had v0.92). Same result. So, I assume it has something to do with our accounts and the actual beta-patch.

March 18, 2011 7:08:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Was able to update my old machine to 1.11 but not 1.19g...so, America, time to get up, isn't it?

March 18, 2011 8:56:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same problem here.  Deleted the download details in \program files\stardock\impulse\temporary and re-tried... fails every time. Tried last night and agai this morning.

March 18, 2011 12:44:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Okay, are there any developers out there?

March 18, 2011 2:40:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Same issues here, no mods or anything, in fact I've barely played the game, just been keeping it updated with a view to trying it again when the 1.3 update turns up.
March 18, 2011 2:41:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm getting the same errors.

March 18, 2011 6:01:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's working now. Odd.

March 18, 2011 6:10:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
yep - they fixed something.
March 20, 2011 3:59:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same thing here. I bought the game. Came home installed it and went to patch it. All I get this Download Verification Checks failed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Impulse and Elemental. I've deleted all temp files, verified install (with a message of Elemental is not properly installed. Check for an update message). Still no luck. What gets me is that I just bought this game like 2 weeks ago. Figure they would be retailing something other than the 1.00 Version. Or better yet, why is there no direct download link or site to download and patch from? Either way, I'd like to try the game as intended. Any fixes out there?

March 21, 2011 6:01:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It works now for me and the others above. Perhaps they have to manually fix accounts in Impulse. So perhaps you'd write to support so they fix your account, too.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: