Simple Yes Or No Poll - Multiplayer

By on March 1, 2011 10:58:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StarReaper

Join Date 08/2006
+5

I have read random people stating the amount of people wanting multiplayer is probably around 1% and although a lot of people who are very pro multiplayer, no longer frequent the forum often anymore, im curious.

If Elemental had a true stable Multiplayer with all the single player bells and whistles, would you want that, simple Yes or No.

Yes.

Locked Post 188 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 1, 2011 11:02:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes

March 1, 2011 11:24:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wouldn't play it.  No interest in any multiplayer.  Believe it ought to be done so others can have it, but not a high priority for me.

March 1, 2011 11:49:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Want, Yes.  Use, probably no.

March 1, 2011 11:58:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If they implement Hotseat, I might play it once with a buddy, but in general, No.

March 1, 2011 11:59:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't care. My friends aren't really into FTBS (or any computer game). If the world revolved around me, I'd say drop it altogether and focus your resources on single player. But, since I've been informed that it doesn't, I can accept the development of a decent multiplayer game on a philosophical level.

March 2, 2011 12:16:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Lord Cobol,
Wouldn't play it.  No interest in any multiplayer.  Believe it ought to be done so others can have it, but not a high priority for me.

My take is the same.

March 2, 2011 12:31:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

no interest in multiplayer

March 2, 2011 12:53:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not really.

March 2, 2011 2:08:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes.

March 2, 2011 2:20:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes.

March 2, 2011 2:49:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No

March 2, 2011 3:25:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
No

March 2, 2011 3:36:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What do people think of the new Impulse::Reactor announcement?  Where people would pay less for the base game, but extra for any extra features they choose like MP?

Best regards,
Steven.

March 2, 2011 4:35:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No online multiplayer for me, but I would probably play a hotseat game now and again with my wife.

March 2, 2011 6:04:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't care about multiplayer honestly - no one I know is into 4X TBS games. But if multiplayer is going to be put in, it should be done right (ie, it should play just like single player).

March 2, 2011 6:17:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

YES

March 2, 2011 6:25:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StevenAus,
What do people think of the new Impulse::Reactor announcement?  Where people would pay less for the base game, but extra for any extra features they choose like MP?

Best regards,
Steven.

Not when it was already a full priced game that had "multiplayer" on the box, no. As a game where maybe the campaign mode costs $10 and MP costs $10? Maybe... but it'd have to be a decent implementation. I mean I play WoW, so I'm not afraid to spend money for good multiplayer.

To answer OP's question: Yes, provided by "bells and whistles in MP" you really mean "all the stuff that already exists in SP that is turned off in MP and that a TBS from nearly a decade ago was able to do in MP successfully." As it is right now? No.

March 2, 2011 6:53:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes.

"all the stuff that already exists in SP that is turned off in MP and that a TBS from nearly a decade ago was able to do in MP successfully."

They are second-guessing themselves. Where possible, they should leave the option to have these in place in the Advanced Options panel of game setup. Players that want X feature can have it, and if it really really sucks, they won't enable it in the end.

This isn't just a gameplay decision, it's also a PR decision! Clearly a group of players wishes to shoot themselves in the foot*: allow them to do so, though not by default. By not allowing it, you're not getting the positive publicity you should be getting.

*And hey, some of us like being shot in the foot

March 2, 2011 7:46:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yes if they  implement lan

always loved to semi coop with a friend in Civ IV

March 2, 2011 8:19:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, i have no desire to play multiplayer turn based strategy.

March 2, 2011 8:22:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TCores,

They are second-guessing themselves. Where possible, they should leave the option to have these in place in the Advanced Options panel of game setup. Players that want X feature can have it, and if it really really sucks, they won't enable it in the end.

This isn't just a gameplay decision, it's also a PR decision! Clearly a group of players wishes to shoot themselves in the foot*: allow them to do so, though not by default. By not allowing it, you're not getting the positive publicity you should be getting.

*And hey, some of us like being shot in the foot

Or just turn it back on and leave it on, and say "this is what the SP game is, MP is the same and we're not making special modes for it."

I mean AI War has no competitive MP at all. The gameplay doesn't work well for it, so rather then mangle stuff to try and get it in the author just said that it won't work and didn't even try. The coop MP works great, because it fits so well with how the SP game is played.

They had this backwards from the start. Rather then try to make Elemental something its not to appeal to a crowd that wasn't interested in the first place, they could have simply left the same game in both SP and MP and at least appealed to those who like the game and just want more humans.

March 2, 2011 8:29:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yah, I have to agree with Tridus. Reading Frogboy saying MP will increasingly pull in a different direction in FE or something doesn't sound very good at all.

March 2, 2011 8:46:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No.

March 2, 2011 8:47:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Neutral but forced to get off the fence - no.

March 2, 2011 8:48:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: